Hill number 2 injury in tussle with Woolfie … ouch!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Hill number 2 injury in tussle with Woolfie … ouch!

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:46 pm

valleyroad

Re: Hill number 2 injury in tussle with Woolfie … ouch!

Post by valleyroad » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:05 pm

Aye and half the crowd were singing "there is nothing wrong with you" when it pretty damn obvious the guy was in distress

Reminds me of St Mirren vs Hearts game the other week when Hearts player got really bad injury. All the morons were screaming as game was delayed. They bring a stretcher on and they scream and shout at that. They then take him the shortest route off the pitch along halfway line and they go berserk. They wanted him carried round the outside of the pitch. What is wrong with people ??

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:31 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:05 pm
Aye and half the crowd were singing "there is nothing wrong with you" when it pretty damn obvious the guy was in distress

Reminds me of St Mirren vs Hearts game the other week when Hearts player got really bad injury. All the morons were screaming as game was delayed. They bring a stretcher on and they scream and shout at that. They then take him the shortest route off the pitch along halfway line and they go berserk. They wanted him carried round the outside of the pitch. What is wrong with people ??
First time to Tynecastle for me tomorrow since before Covid , Valley……. And will be surrounded by that very type of moron.

Its strange…….. footage of 70s / early 80s, was horrendous. Then it got better. It was almost “civil” during the 90s, early naughties (theory is maybe Hillsborough calmed everyone down a tad) …….. but it has massively gone back to complete moron city at the football, more so at derbies.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:40 pm

To get this back on topic —->> sore injury. A team mate suffered this injury a few centuries ago when I played the sawker…… elbowed at a corner. Ouch indeed, Hallam.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:51 pm

I think the Town fans were annoyed because he’d walked off the pitch I believe soon after the clash, but then walked back into the pitch and sat down to get treatment and play stopped.

That’s some injury from an innocuous “ getting up off the floor “ by Woolfie isn’t it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:12 pm

I think if we watch it again Woolfy was a very very lucky boy.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:51 pm

Elbowed him?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:55 pm

That's what I think I see yes

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:56 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:51 pm
Elbowed him?
Don't know if this is a question for me......, but yep, my buddy had the fractured eye socket due to the elbow.

Not sure if Wolfie was doing any elbowing. :lol:

jimmyt

Post by jimmyt » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:36 pm

valleyroad wrote:

I must admit I did chant that at the beginning but as time went on I realised it was more serious and shut up.

I'm not proud of my behaviour, there..............

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:10 pm

JIMMYT......, how could you?!

:lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:11 pm

Hallam is correct, he was booed after he managed to walk back onto the pitch again to stop the game from Continuing.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:36 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:11 pm
Hallam is correct, he was booed after he managed to walk back onto the pitch again to stop the game from Continuing.
and by the act of walking back onto the pitch, you'd assume that the injury wasn't as bad, hence the chants which I too joined in with!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:40 pm

Yep, exactly

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:02 pm

jimmyt wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:36 pm
valleyroad wrote:

I must admit I did chant that at the beginning but as time went on I realised it was more serious and shut up.

I'm not proud of my behaviour, there..............
Your only human Jimmy …. I remember years ago shouting to a Sheffield Wednesdays striker what a cheating git he was “ feigning injury” as he walked slowly off the pitch at PR in one game. He’d had a history of injuries. The guy just looked at me and his face was just pained and full of resignation and personal defeat. He never played again after that night. His name was David Hirst!

I always look back on that little micro incident with regret at the heckling I’d shown towards him. He didn’t deserve it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:10 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:02 pm
Your only human Jimmy …. I remember years ago shouting to a Sheffield Wednesdays striker what a cheating git he was “ feigning injury” as he walked slowly off the pitch at PR in one game. He’d had a history of injuries. The guy just looked at me and his face was just pained and full of resignation and personal defeat. He never played again after that night. His name was David Hirst!

I always look back on that little micro incident with regret at the heckling I’d shown towards him. He didn’t deserve it.
The problem is the cheating element of the game. Get rid of that element and that scenario you encountered Hallam wouldn’t have occurred.

Go the AFL way. ———>> “staging” is a monetary fine AND games suspensions. It cuts all the faking out. And they really slammed down on that rule. It works.

The game is farcical these days. Im expecting to see Hibs & Hearts players looking like they’ve had strokes today. Only going because its someone's elses season ticket. (Which im thankful for 👍 :D )