NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Post by Charnwood » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:14 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 pm
We should have beaten Watford and Middlesbrough! Too late now. A few games we should’ve won. I’m not sure our defence is up for it. I say now, it’s playoffs for us. No way in hell we’ll win our last three. Accept it and hope we win in the playoffs. The crystal ball is telling me another season in the Championship, which may not be a bad thing as long as KM remains as the manager.

If McKenna has done his prep as I’m sure he will have, these are three winnable games as long as the players are up for it like Leeds and Leicester have been in their latest fixtures after a succession of poor results.

With your negative mindset 9, I’m just pleased you’re not managing our football team.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:27 pm

I hope you’re right my friend!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:28 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:14 pm
number 9 wrote:
We should have beaten Watford and Middlesbrough! Too late now. A few games we should’ve won. I’m not sure our defence is up for it. I say now, it’s playoffs for us. No way in hell we’ll win our last three. Accept it and hope we win in the playoffs. The crystal ball is telling me another season in the Championship, which may not be a bad thing as long as KM remains as the manager.

If McKenna has done his prep as I’m sure he will have, these are three winnable games as long as the players are up for it like Leeds and Leicester have been in their latest fixtures after a succession of poor results.

With your negative mindset 9, I’m just pleased you’re not managing our football team.
Fair. I’m just running out of hope.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:52 pm

We need Burns back running at defenders and crossing in the box. Hutch is much better centrally in front of goal so he can go at defenders, creating space and initiating contact. Broadhead needs to be healthy and to the side of Hutch picking up through balls and deflections. We need Moore for his height and physicality offensively and defensively. I think Travis should start in front of the backline, letting our wing backs move the ball forward and providing defensive cover. Luongo should be reserved as a sub coming on later in games for midfield control and offense. Chaplin needs to play on the left with Davis, they work well together. Defensively it’s up for grabs, I really can’t think of the best scenario.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:18 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:52 pm
We need Burns back running at defenders and crossing in the box. Hutch is much better centrally in front of goal so he can go at defenders, creating space and initiating contact. Broadhead needs to be healthy and to the side of Hutch picking up through balls and deflections. We need Moore for his height and physicality offensively and defensively. I think Travis should start in front of the backline, letting our wing backs move the ball forward and providing defensive cover. Luongo should be reserved as a sub coming on later in games for midfield control and offense. Chaplin needs to play on the left with Davis, they work well together. Defensively it’s up for grabs, I really can’t think of the best scenario.
Going to give you some of your own medicine here……..

WORD. 👍

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:35 am

It's so long since ipswich has played .I'm nearly forgetting we are in the championship let alone competing for automatic places..lol.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 am

Another result that hasn't gone our way, it's every one at the moment and Saturday is going to be very tough, our best hope is that Scum and West Brom win to put Hull out of it, I hope we've used this bloody Two weeks wisely.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 am

Shocking words from Jurgen Klopp last night. 🤦‍♂️
“Losing to two set pieces is irritating but I am responsible for that.”
🤦‍♂️

Are you saying you did NO set piece training during the week, Jurgen? Is that what you are admitting to? Thought you’d just leave that and see what happens? I think not.

Stop letting the overpaid players away with not concentrating on the game at hand. Not just Jurgen, but all managers. Be more like Warnock or Souness. Tell them when they’ve fkd up. :evil:

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:00 am

marko69 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 am
🤦‍♂️

Are you saying you did NO set piece training during the week, Jurgen? Is that what you are admitting to? Thought you’d just leave that and see what happens? I think not.

Stop letting the overpaid players away with not concentrating on the game at hand. Not just Jurgen, but all managers. Be more like Warnock or Souness. Tell them when they’ve fkd up. :evil:
Fair play to him - he's the manager and the definition of a manager is 'somebody who has control of an organisation or process'. So if something goes wrong, the buck stops with the manager - that's how it works in business, and football is no different.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:11 am

number 9 wrote:
Agreed, and I'd add Cardiff to that
Why not? It's not as though we're plying Leeds or Leicester, and we've won 3 in a row a few times already
There is absolutely no way of telling how we'd do in the Championship next season, but I'd guess that we would not have anywhere as good a first 20 games as we had this season. And if we don't go up this season, KM will be gone.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 am

rossi wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:00 am
marko69 wrote:
🤦‍♂️

Fair play to him - he's the manager and the definition of a manager is 'somebody who has control of an organisation or process'. So if something goes wrong, the buck stops with the manager - that's how it works in business, and football is no different.
Thankfully not all business.
All my guys are trained to full Gas Safe standards.
If one of them blows a house up, they’ll be going to jail. Not me.
Concentrate on the job at hand.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:16 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 am
rossi wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:00 am
marko69 wrote:
🤦‍♂️

Thankfully not all business.
All my guys are trained to full Gas Safe standards.
If one of them blows a house up, they’ll be going to jail. Not me.
Concentrate on the job at hand.
Depends on whether or not your guys are subbies.
If you are their employer, you might want to check the details of your insurance :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:05 pm

No subbies, only employees. All have up to date ACS accreditations. All are set up to do gas work through my company but have their own respective unique “gas operative” licence numbers on their cards. So they better be on their game at all times otherwise its on their shoulders. But they’re never isolated……. Any issues, all they have to do is ask for help. All up to spec on my side of things. No worries. 👍👌

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 pm

You got to feel genuine sympathy for Coventry City. Here was a team or club name on the very verge of an F.A Cup Final, came back from trailing three goals, thought they'd won it, had what seemed a legitimate goal ruled out and went on to lose by end of game. Few days after last chance of a promotion belief was ended in front of their own fans. That's a real tough couple of days, hell that's got to sting.

One moment you're looking at possibly one of the greatest years in club history and lo and behold it's extinguished over the course of two results. Whether you're for them or against, that's a damn shame. Got to be mentioned also appears Liverpool and soon-to-be-vacated Klopp after some real hope and expectation are destined to finish the season missing out on the major prizes and whatever they hoped to take is well on it's way to fizzle out to nothing. That's a real pity, can't quite hide the disappointment et cetera.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 pm

That's a real pity, can't quite hide the disappointment et cetera.
:lol: Yeah but Everton are doing well, aren’t they?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:07 pm

The big question is, do I watch QPR vs Leeds tonight, or not? :shock:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:09 pm

I’m watching! Hell yeah, I’m watching! QPR! QPR! QPR!

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 pm

I'm not going to watch but we are away on holiday and it's Carol's choice tonight and the remote is mine tomorrow 🫣🤣🤣

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:21 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 pm
I'm not going to watch but we are away on holiday and it's Carol's choice tonight and the remote is mine tomorrow 🫣🤣🤣
I’m working tomorrow, so I won’t be able to watch the game. I’ll be surreptitiously checking my phone for updates though!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 pm

Any team wearing pink deserves to lose!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm

Its Friday night, 9 and there is beer involved……. Lets leave out the serrupiditiously words, man!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:13 pm

GET IN QPR !!!!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm
Its Friday night, 9 and there is beer involved……. Lets leave out the serrupiditiously words, man!!
:lol:

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 pm

Yesssss 2-0

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 pm

Oh my days

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:25 pm

Ok 2-0, where’s my prayer mat. Farke just strudeled in his pants!

Mariner67

Post by Mariner67 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm

Wow come on you super Hoops,my London families side :D

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 pm

Well I’m sure Farke will be giving his mein kampf speech at halftime. QPR need to control possession & park the bus.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:54 pm

HT 2-0 QPR come on the Rs

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:21 pm

I’m a bit worried because QPR are continuing to attack. Sure three goals could be the nail in the coffin, but I think they should stand back and defend.