Don’t Think I Can Take Anymore Of This.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Don’t Think I Can Take Anymore Of This.

Post by Shed on tour » Fri May 03, 2024 3:07 pm

One minute I think don’t worry everything will be fine and the next it is a case of it goes all tits up tomorrow and Morsy gets booked and misses the playoffs.
Help!!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Don’t Think I Can Take Anymore Of This.

Post by marko69 » Fri May 03, 2024 5:08 pm

Actual conv today, Shed with son Scotty boy…..,

“Didnt realise Ipswich only need the draw for the Premier League. Thats awesome.”

Me: “Yep. There are scenarios where it might not happen, but just can’t be thinking like that.”

“Fancy hitting “The Ball Room” Tomorrow, watch it on the massive screen? Celebrate promotion in style?!”

🤦‍♂️ taught him well re being positive! :shock:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 pm

Yeah it"s all going to sh*t. We'll lose tomorrow, big margin, Leeds win by a grand score, we'll miss out altogether.

Not only that, defeat in the playoffs, Norwich most likely, all the seasons hard work and determination will have been for nothing. McKenna to quit a few weeks after, O,Leary and Ashton to follow through the exit, we sell off most of our squad and best talents. Two years from now back in League One with the once familiar 14,000 full crowd at Portman Road getting f*cked left and right week after week by Cambridge and Northampton etc.

Believe some got every cause for concern, it's going to go downhill once again mighty fast.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri May 03, 2024 6:46 pm

Dear oh dear! :astroll:

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri May 03, 2024 7:05 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 pm
Yeah it"s all going to sh*t. We'll lose tomorrow, big margin, Leeds win by a grand score, we'll miss out altogether.

Not only that, defeat in the playoffs, Norwich most likely, all the seasons hard work and determination will have been for nothing. McKenna to quit a few weeks after, O,Leary and Ashton to follow through the exit, we sell off most of our squad and best talents. Two years from now back in League One with the once familiar 14,000 full crowd at Portman Road getting f*cked left and right week after week by Cambridge and Northampton etc.

Believe some got every cause for concern, it's going to go downhill once again mighty fast.
I'm guessing this is some sort of pathos/irony reverse psychology, right?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri May 03, 2024 9:54 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:

I’m guessing you’re back drinking again AP and gonna wake up with a massive hangover in the morning. Just for the record, Leeds win 1-0 and we lose 0-1 and we’re in the Play Offs, no need for loads of goals. Tomorrow is all about fine margins which is why there’s no room for any errors.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Sat May 04, 2024 12:32 am

Sitting here reading all the articles online about one point. This is tortuous.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat May 04, 2024 1:09 am

Charnwood wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:54 pm
arana peligrosa wrote:

I’m guessing you’re back drinking again AP and gonna wake up with a massive hangover in the morning. Just for the record, Leeds win 1-0 and we lose 0-1 and we’re in the Play Offs, no need for loads of goals. Tomorrow is all about fine margins which is why there’s no room for any errors.
Been dry for eight and a half years and no intention of picking up again anytime soon. It was a mildly sardonic take on the original post for fucks sake. First reaction, imagined Shed On Tour was overly concerned about an issue that will clearly work itself out and attempted a retort that some clearly misjudged. That's the end of it, discussion closed.

Was abundantly aware none of the above was going to occur, was aware there's little to no chance of us losing this game, McKenna taking off or the staff hierarchy seeking employment elsewhere. We're not going to be League One again any time soon and crowds should remain in abundance at Portman Road for the foreseeable future. Because this name lacks any real sense of what some may label humor guess one or two thought it was a genuine tirade and (believed I) honestly expected the club name to fall into disarray once again in a short space of time. May be a pessimist sometimes but throughout all or any negativity, here you got a situation that's really going to work for us.

We can't fail. One point required against an already relegated opposition and in front of 30,000 with a home advantage. This club name is going to be EPL status again in a few hours since (what some would argue) a very long time. Say again would be real fine to be there and take in the atmosphere and (eventual) achievement, and those that can, just be thankful you got that opportunity.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 04, 2024 9:14 am

arana peligrosa wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:09 am
Charnwood wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:54 pm
arana peligrosa wrote:

Been dry for eight and a half years and no intention of picking up again anytime soon. It was a mildly sardonic take on the original post for fucks sake. First reaction, imagined Shed On Tour was overly concerned about an issue that will clearly work itself out and attempted a retort that some clearly misjudged. That's the end of it, discussion closed.

Was abundantly aware none of the above was going to occur, was aware there's little to no chance of us losing this game, McKenna taking off or the staff hierarchy seeking employment elsewhere. We're not going to be League One again any time soon and crowds should remain in abundance at Portman Road for the foreseeable future. Because this name lacks any real sense of what some may label humor guess one or two thought it was a genuine tirade and (believed I) honestly expected the club name to fall into disarray once again in a short space of time. May be a pessimist sometimes but throughout all or any negativity, here you got a situation that's really going to work for us.

We can't fail. One point required against an already relegated opposition and in front of 30,000 with a home advantage. This club name is going to be EPL status again in a few hours since (what some would argue) a very long time. Say again would be real fine to be there and take in the atmosphere and (eventual) achievement, and those that can, just be thankful you got that opportunity.
Certainly shocked the humour went over 9's head. :lol:

Promotion day, guys.

LETS FKN GOOOOOOOO!!!