Premier league squad - Who will be released ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: Premier league squad - Who will be released ?

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 11, 2024 12:52 pm

I can see a fair few of the current first team regulars ( especially in defence), now becoming back up. The step up is considerable for a great many of these players, but you won’t get away with wholesale changes to the squad. It would completely destroy the tight knit quality we have.

There is a balance to be made in our next, arguably most important transfer window in the Club’s history. I envisage 4-5 players ( a new spine for the team) coming in.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat May 11, 2024 1:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 12:52 pm
I can see a fair few of the current first team regulars ( especially in defence), now becoming back up. The step up is considerable for a great many of these players, but you won’t get away with wholesale changes to the squad. It would completely destroy the tight knit quality we have.

There is a balance to be made in our next, arguably most important transfer window in the Club’s history. I envisage 4-5 players ( a new spine for the team) coming

Yes agree on the spine and 4/5 players. I'm not sure if the new players will start and I think it depends on whether the following can make the transition.

Hladky and Walton
Clarke and Tuanzebe
Woolfenden
Burgess
Morsey
Chaplin
Hirst

These players I think will do well in the prem and will start

Davis
Hutchinson (if we can get him)
Broadhead
Burns

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sat May 11, 2024 1:15 pm

Oh don't know why that came up like that and not a reply to Hallum's post. Sozza

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri May 17, 2024 9:19 am

Looking at out of contract players who will be gone:

Moore (loan)
Travis (loan)
Williams (loan)
Hutchinson (loan)
Sariemnto (Loan but expected to be extended)
Aluko (retiring)
Ball
Jackson
Donacian
Walton
Camara
Hayes
El-Mizomuni (May take up extension and sell)

Then there are players you imagine would either get new deals or might have options for extensions:

Hladky
Burges
Tuanzebe

Then you have surplus to requirements players who need moving on:

Harness
Nbabda
Ladapo

I left out Baggot & Ahadme as they may be kept and loaned out again.

Thats ALOT of players, so gives us a fair amount of room and I'd expect more than I thought to arrive this summer, maybe upto 10. Its actually very good, move out these fringe players, clear space for new first XI signings and some solid backups, and some of the existing squad move to backup options. I'd expect 5-6 starters in the XI for the prem to be new signings.