Norwich Scum

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Norwich Scum

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 12, 2024 7:06 pm

They bleat on about what a lovely community club they are and call us every derogatory name under the sun and yet one of the cowards has used a blade on a Leeds fans neck, absolutely disgraceful and could have been fatal. I hope they find the little turd and deal with him accordingly.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/S3iuybsJwarA9gMA/

valleyroad

Re: Norwich Scum

Post by valleyroad » Sun May 12, 2024 7:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:06 pm
They bleat on about what a lovely community club they are and call us every derogatory name under the sun and yet one of the cowards has used a blade on a Leeds fans neck, absolutely disgraceful and could have been fatal. I hope they find the little turd and deal with him accordingly.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/S3iuybsJwarA9gMA/
This has nothing to do with an individual football club, this is something that that could happen with any club. Its the individual that is the issue not football ?
I used to go to Norwich matches when Ipswich were away from home when i lived in East Anglia. I found no difference between either club. Both great clubs, with great fans. I personally would like to see Norwich get up through the play off's due to that.

I just don't get the "scum" comments about Norwich as a club at all. Rivalry is one thing but this is nonsense. Yes this one individual can be classed as "scum". For me there are good and bad people everywhere, just find the good one's and you'll be ok.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 12, 2024 7:46 pm

It was the individual I was referring to, he's scum, and he's a Norwich fan so Norwich scum makes perfect sense. Read around some forums etc and look after the utter dogs abuse those inbreds throw at us and have done for years. I think you're a bit misguided and out of touch.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 12, 2024 8:21 pm

I think the boys from their snake pit ( apply named for these scum), had better have eyes in the back of their heads up at Elland Road, because I don’t think the Leeds hard core are going to take this assault lying down.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sun May 12, 2024 9:19 pm

I looked on the Norwich forum around ten days ago and someone said I don't care if Ipswich finish second no one remembers a team that finishes second 🤔 I think on this occasion he is possibly wrong 🤣🤣

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:32 pm

Jerry Seinfeld once said, “runner ups are just the very best losers! When it comes to losing, you’re the best at it!” :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun May 12, 2024 11:51 pm

No real NCFC fan would inflict actual bodily harm with a bladed weapon on a rival supporter least of all one where their fans have something of a fearsome reputation and (could) overrun them without question. Read through this earlier on Pink 'Un message board and even their own fans were incredulous to the validity of actual events.

someone suggested it were a rogue element inserted into the scene with no real actual affiliation to either sets of fans or club names, guess in attempt to discredit one or the other. After so many years of following action unable to ever quite recall City fans using lethal objects to attempt actual wounding on others. It's possible or likely some projectile was thrown and caught the Leeds fan and drew blood from the individual, but (they) using knives and cutting weapons on peoples necks, sorry it's just too misleading to properly comprehend.

hope the truth comes out from this as will no doubt be proved right but only to reiterate in all years of keeping view on the game it's just unheard of. And chanting Turkish taunts also, that's just not them. They got no reason for it, there's just no need to incite the other. They may provide verbal insults to us and they do but the level of agression suggested here, it's either just false or went off on some tangent someplace away from actual fact or truth.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 13, 2024 8:20 am

The last game I attended at carrot road, Town fans ( of which me and Mike were included ), were quietly queuing to get into the rear of the rail station,( deemed a safe exit by the police, and we were herded into this area), were attacked by a group of scum fans brandishing scaffold poles. The policewoman who stood there “ monitoring” the subdued Town fans as we filed into the rear of the station ( we’d lost to scum again, so nothing to sing about and we were far from boyant), was facing us. The group of scum fans stood armed with scaffold pokes behind, challenging Town fans and made a move to charge us. One or two Town responded, at which point the policewoman screamed at US to stay back, as she deployed her baton . The vision was one of a group of scum fans brandishing scaffold poles, “ led” by a copper brandishing a baton, in a threatening motion toward a queue of largely deflated fans. The stupid cow did NOTHING to confront the attackers stood directly behind her. I wish to this day I’d taken a picture of it and posted it on social media. It would have gone viral. But in truth I was expecting to hit by a scaffold pole!

Norfolk police are just a scum as their local football club’s fanbase They treat Town fans like a bunch of animals EVERY Derby fixture, and I’ll never go to that sh*t hole again. They do little to actually segregate fans of make any effort to keep scum fans well away from the away fans.

I’m not surprised one but a Leeds fan has been attacked outside the ground. Why haven’t the police segregated the sets of fans better? They soon arrested the scum fans so it must have been outside the stadium and not away from the ground.

Norwich ARE scum!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 13, 2024 8:56 am

I remember it well, part of me wanted the little bastards to actually get through to us, and yet some still defend them but until you witness it first hand I guess it's hard to accept they are indeed scum, some decent ones no doubt but not as squeaky clean as some think.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 13, 2024 10:02 am

I think their fan base mentality is amply illustrated by the name they’ve given to section of the ground - the snake pit. I’m struggling to find anything similar at other grounds ….

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon May 13, 2024 12:26 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:20 am
The last game I attended at carrot road, Town fans ( of which me and Mike were included ), were quietly queuing to get into the rear of the rail station,( deemed a safe exit by the police, and we were herded into this area), were attacked by a group of scum fans brandishing scaffold poles. The policewoman who stood there “ monitoring” the subdued Town fans as we filed into the rear of the station ( we’d lost to scum again, so nothing to sing about and we were far from boyant), was facing us. The group of scum fans stood armed with scaffold pokes behind, challenging Town fans and made a move to charge us. One or two Town responded, at which point the policewoman screamed at US to stay back, as she deployed her baton . The vision was one of a group of scum fans brandishing scaffold poles, “ led” by a copper brandishing a baton, in a threatening motion toward a queue of largely deflated fans. The stupid cow did NOTHING to confront the attackers stood directly behind her. I wish to this day I’d taken a picture of it and posted it on social media. It would have gone viral. But in truth I was expecting to hit by a scaffold pole!

Norfolk police are just a scum as their local football club’s fanbase They treat Town fans like a bunch of animals EVERY Derby fixture, and I’ll never go to that sh*t hole again. They do little to actually segregate fans of make any effort to keep scum fans well away from the away fans.

I’m not surprised one but a Leeds fan has been attacked outside the ground. Why haven’t the police segregated the sets of fans better? They soon arrested the scum fans so it must have been outside the stadium and not away from the ground.

Norwich ARE scum!
Now its the Norfolk police that are scum too. Are you seriously for real ?
I guess the Suffolk police are perfect.
I've had a few occasions where something like this has happened at football grounds over the years.
I remember it at Easter Road where St Mirren fans were surrounded by skinheads. They were scum as all good decent Hibs fans like Marko etc would agree. It doesn't mean I call Hibs scum or Edinburgh police scum etc.

The clue as to why the policewoman drew her baton is in your sentence " One or two Town responded" ?? The idea that the policewoman was anti Ipswich is just as laughable as your ridiculous post.

Every club has its element of these characters and its probably the same percentage across all clubs. I can guess that a Norwich fan could probably give you plenty of examples of Ipswich scum element ??

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 13, 2024 5:18 pm

Unless you’ve experienced it like Mike and I have (on EVERY occasion at Norwich’s ground), then I’d suggest you know nothing VR and it is your post that is ridiculous. Spouting an opinion about something you know clearly NOTHING about!

I was persuaded to go to the derby game after a few years of not going precisely because of the treatment metered out to Town fans by the police up there. I reasoned it won’t happen again, I’ll give it another go. But no, the same old sh*t happened. The Norwich fans are a disgrace ( a bunch of thugs frankly), and the police do treat Town fans with little respect. So they can shove it. I’ll never go there again.

USATractorBoy

Post by USATractorBoy » Tue May 14, 2024 12:51 am

Well I do hate to tar an entire fanbase with one dumbass like this, but just like at stories over the years with Norwich and its not totally out of bounds to say bad things about them. Are their some decent Norwich fans? Sure. Do we have some thug like fans in our own fanbase? Sure are somewhere.

But Norwich does seem to have more than a lot of clubs, that's not a rival fan talking, that's just reality.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Tue May 14, 2024 5:29 am

Whilst I am sure not every Norwich fan is scum (we all know we have more than our fair share of idiots as well), I too hate going there and was quite pleased I couldn't get a ticket to the last encounter. Over the years, my daughter and I have been abused, had things thrown at us, been constantly herded to/from the station, been attacked as Hallam says on that road between and the police have been completely and utterly pathetic on every single occasion. There was also once even a fight amongst p*ssed up ipswich fans in the ground that the police decided to send in a female copper in to deal with. I have been up and down the country even during the worst days of hooliganism in the 70's and norwich has always been up there with the worst. Other than millwall, West Ham at the old upton park were however totally the worst.... now many of them are really scum...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 14, 2024 7:25 am

I stood 2 bloody feet from that fight in the stand when the woman copper was sent in, it went on bloody ages, 2 or 3 big male policeman stood there obstructing the view doing absolutely f*ck all.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:51 pm

Its all crazy stuff really. You can go to an Edinburgh derby match, see a few scuffles on the streets…….. Then the next week, they’re all sharing a Tartan Army bus to Hampden. :lol:

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue May 14, 2024 2:17 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:51 pm
Its all crazy stuff really. You can go to an Edinburgh derby match, see a few scuffles on the streets…….. Then the next week, they’re all sharing a Tartan Army bus to Hampden. :lol:
100%, I couldn't have though of a more apt comment to make on it all.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 15, 2024 10:07 am

escaped that one then VR didnt you

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed May 15, 2024 2:47 pm

There's a 10 page feature on the Pink Un regards this you can wade through to ascertain further information or an attempt to find out the whole truth as to what occurred but even they aren't entirely sure of the actual events surrounding the situation.

Think best last word on this issue by now but what you can gather is that three men or individuals have been by now taken into custody, there were no knives or stabbing instruments involved, the truth appears a punch was aimed at someone and an object thrown causing a cut that drew blood. The idea any City fan went with intent towards a Leeds one with an open blade was fanciful from the start if not absurd but this damn thing originated from social media where truth and misdirection is often lost at many a turn and instead of providing a clear and concise explanation, got mixed up in a sea of uncertainty where seems no-one can provide a definitive answer to real events.

Can only hope this unfortunate episode does not infringe on the return game at Elland Road in a short time and supporters can see the situation for what it is rather than seeking out (unnecessary) retribution. I don't like them and wish them every failure but would hope at least for a fair enterprising game where "football" is the only winner rather than events away from it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 15, 2024 6:49 pm

Surely if nobody has a definitive answer then nobody can say what was or wasn't used ? Three people in custody for a punch ? Hmmmm, don't think so

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 15, 2024 7:46 pm

This is post today, on twtd , by Clive Baker ( ex Town player )

" Seems like tensions are quite high off the back of the incidents in Norwich on Sunday. 3 arrests of norwich fans, Leeds supporter getting his neck cut apparently from something thrown at him, classy norwich supporters singing songs about Galatasaray.

Unsurprisingly a lot of p1ssed off Leeds fans and a lot of norwich supporters apparently sh1tting it. LUFC have put a statement out asking people to behave, Police presence has been beefed up and EDP put an article out earlier about it. Pink Un has a thread about unwanted tickets. Seems a lot of Norwich fans have decided against going altogether and the tickets have apparently got into the hands of some Leeds supporters in the away end.

8pm on a Thursday night as well after a good few hours on the p1ss for many people I imagine. What could go wrong. Genuinely do hope any innocent bystanders don't get caught up in anything like that but does sound like a recipe for disaster".

The norwich fans aren't so hard now are they !
And they've probably made the task 1000 times more difficult for their own team tomorrow night. I repeat, a section of norwich fans are a piece work. Don't forget they've even stormed their own pitch in the past and attacked one of their managers. They're not a nice fan base.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 15, 2024 8:05 pm

Hope they look after their sisters and keep them safe.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed May 15, 2024 8:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 7:46 pm
This is post today, on twtd , by Clive Baker ( ex Town player )
THE Clive Baker with 48 Ipswich appearances, born in N.Norfolk, with 7 years playing for NCFC, albeit limited playing time behind Kevin Keelan and Chris Woods? Hmm, I somehow doubt it. :wink: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 16, 2024 8:00 am

It is him :lol: