Interview with Mark Ashton

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Interview with Mark Ashton

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 16, 2024 11:21 am

Think it might be a new one : Sorry if it isnt ..

https://www.itfc.co.uk/videos/8e864569- ... 24835c158d

Cabanas Blue

Re: Interview with Mark Ashton

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu May 16, 2024 11:54 am

Yes it's new I'm now watching it đź‘Ť

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 16, 2024 12:48 pm

Looks like there will be a part II re what to expect going forwards...

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu May 16, 2024 12:58 pm

Yes its part 1 or 2. He comes across so well, and it's a nice insight but nothing of note to discuss really, i.e not much to take away from it that we didn't already know.

Basically he didn't confirm we are signging KDB and Salah etc.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 16, 2024 1:03 pm

maybe more info on McK in part II ?

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu May 16, 2024 5:04 pm

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu May 16, 2024 8:27 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote: ↑
Thu May 16, 2024 5:04 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9AK6KEzQ05M.

Second part.
Very interesting re the camera spots, 46 needed now!

'We want to thrive in the premier league' was a good quote.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 17, 2024 9:21 am

Cabanas Blue wrote: ↑
Thu May 16, 2024 5:04 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9AK6KEzQ05M.

Second part.
That was brilliant Cabanas, thank you for that.

I feel even more happy listening to that , that this Club is going forwards and is in such good hands. I don’t think our manager will be walking away from ITFC anytime soon now either. He’s absolutely central alongside Ashton, to all that’s happening at this Club. I seriously doubt he’s walking away from it at this time.

One question that pops into my head though, is , Ashton talks about the moving of approx 750 fans from their seats due to enforced changes, and these fans will,be notified , and WILL be moved as there is no choice. But where the hell are these fans going to be moved to? There are no spare / available seats to move too?

Another thing I’ve picked up on is the rumour mill thing. Ashton states clearly , “ ignore all social media rumours “ as the club is now a target even more so for agents and third parties to “ use” us to pump up players values and serve their own purposes. The only true source of transfer news will be via the Town official media sources. Seems logical and obvious doesn’t it, but how many of us get wrapped up in the rumour mill…it’s almost impossible to ignore it isn’t it …… but I’ll try my hardest lol :lol:

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri May 17, 2024 10:08 am

Yes it's all looking good and why would KMc want to start again unless it was a top 6 club and that won't happen until we have won another trophy or two 🤣🤣

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 17, 2024 10:26 am

We have nearly six thousand non season tickets or away fans seats so those that need to be moved will be placed in them.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 17, 2024 10:30 am

Ah good point Mike. Btw with standing in the stands being allowed this will increase the attendance figs I’d have thought. I’m getting a bit edgy when they want to roll it out to other areas of the grain d though because it would definitely include SBR. Lower… and all those kids will make a bee line to areas behind the goal where we currently stand/ sit!

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri May 17, 2024 11:49 am

Slightly off topic but does anyone else feel they need to do something with the membership, i.e make existing membership renewals 'tier 1' and then new members tier 2?

I suspect the number of members will drastically increase and make it much harder (it was already a challenge) to get a ticket (even as a member).

There is going to be less seats now, more members and more demand = very hard going to get a seat. I know there is the resale thing but I suspect that doesnt end up adding many seats and its likely just odd single seats here and there perhaps.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 17, 2024 1:46 pm

I reckon away games will still be a massive struggle to get tickets for. It looks like the minimum allocation to away fans will be 3k. Town were regularly taking that number of fans to away games when given the chance to get tickets and I don’t see that dropping off . So yes, something will I suspect be done re allocation/ membership.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat May 18, 2024 1:42 am

hallamblue wrote: ↑
Fri May 17, 2024 10:30 am
Ah good point Mike. Btw with standing in the stands being allowed this will increase the attendance figs I’d have thought. I’m getting a bit edgy when they want to roll it out to other areas of the grain d though because it would definitely include SBR. Lower… and all those kids will make a bee line to areas behind the goal where we currently stand/ sit!
I recall we used to stand behind one goal in the first half and make our way from Churchman's to the North Stand (or vice versa) during half time to go and stand behind the other one. There was a sort of corridor that ran through the middle of the East Stand, or am I imagining that?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 18, 2024 9:28 am

lol OMG, I remember those days too!! You used to change stands to be at the end where Town were shooting towards lol…. You’d walk round the back of the now Paul Magnus Stand …. Just thinking I’m not sure it’s even called that now …. Anyway, it was the old Pioneer stand …

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat May 18, 2024 10:00 am

Yes, those were the days.

Thinking of which Phil Ham needs to change the name of his blog.