McKenna - on his future at Ipswich Town.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Re: McKenna - on his future at Ipswich Town.

Post by Shed on tour » Tue May 21, 2024 7:27 pm

shabba wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:23 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:18 pm
Pochettino has left Chelsea so no doubt that will continue the rumours. A basket case of a club and if McKenna went there then I certainly would wonder what he is thinking of.
I thought he did well enough there! I mean who are they going to get! Potter struggled there so that night out then offer someone like KM - they may aim for a more experienced manager.

Towards the end part of the season he it certainly looked like he was going to start turning things around. I agree that they will probably be looking for a experienced manager but whoever does end up there will probably gone before the end of the season.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue May 21, 2024 8:27 pm

Farioli in to 11/10
McKenna out to 2/1

I'll sleep better tonight.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:34 pm

Ricco wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:27 pm
Farioli in to 11/10
McKenna out to 2/1

I'll sleep better tonight.
Shyte boilers.

Edit: No, that's Ferroli. Sorry

ITFC2024

Post by ITFC2024 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:46 pm

Chelsea have now sacked two successful managers, Pochettino and Teuchel. I bet Kieran’s agent is telling him to avoid that club.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue May 21, 2024 8:48 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:34 pm
Shyte boilers.

Something like Brighton feel the pressure, develop a leaky defence and it all blows up in their face next season?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:12 pm

Ricco wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:48 pm
marko69 wrote:
Shyte boilers.

Something like Brighton feel the pressure, develop a leaky defence and it all blows up in their face next season?
Yep, get on "HEADLINE" duties, Ricco. :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 21, 2024 9:21 pm

Ricco wrote:
marko69 wrote:
Shyte boilers.

Good job I know diddly squit about betting odds it may as well be written in Mandarin! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:40 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:21 pm
Ricco wrote:
marko69 wrote:
Shyte boilers.

Good job I know diddly squit about betting odds it may as well be written in Mandarin! :lol:
You talking pith ?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 21, 2024 9:46 pm

Number 32 with fri ri plz

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 21, 2024 9:49 pm

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 21, 2024 10:55 pm

Headline:

KIERON MCKENNA REACTS TO NUMBER 32 WITH FRIED RICE

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Tue May 21, 2024 11:10 pm

LMA Championship manager of the year Surprise Surprise.
I think we will soon have a statement saying KMc has signed a new improved contract, he should certainly be offered one right away.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue May 21, 2024 11:10 pm

The only way McKenna would go to Brighton is if watched Quadrophenia the day before and liked the idea of a brawl on the beach with some Mods and Rockers.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed May 22, 2024 2:28 am

I think our chances of hanging onto him are no more than 50;50 at best and if we do it will only be because of his loyalty to our football club.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 22, 2024 10:05 am

Having just listened to him being interviewed last night at the awards do I am even more convinced he is leaving, to say the club are looking forward to next season and will be in good hands says nothing in the way of reassurance, quite the opposite in fact. That's how I interpret it anyhow.

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed May 22, 2024 10:10 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:05 am
Having just listened to him being interviewed last night at the awards do I am even more convinced he is leaving, to say the club are looking forward to next season and will be in good hands says nothing in the way of reassurance, quite the opposite in fact. That's how I interpret it anyhow.
:(

Got a link to the interview?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 22, 2024 10:24 am

Bluemike wrote:
If he goes to feckin Brighton…… ALL respect doon the swanny.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed May 22, 2024 10:25 am

shabba wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:10 am
Bluemike wrote:
:(

Got a link to the interview?
These are the comments reported by the EADT ;
“It’s an incredible honour,” McKenna said via Ipswich's website.

“To see the names that have previously won this award, and for it to be voted for by fellow managers, makes it extra special.

“It’s a very proud moment and I want to thank everyone involved at Ipswich Town, including the board, staff, supporters and players who have played a part in this amazing and historic season.

“On a personal note I also want to thank my family for their support in the years of hard work and sacrifice it has taken to get to this point in my career.”

Speaking via the LMA website, he added: “It's incredible. Sir Alex Ferguson has been such a great part of my childhood growing up and my love for football, and for the game, has involved him - he's an inspiration.

"It's been a great journey. I'm two-and-a-half years into a management career, but it's been 16-years of working incredibly hard every day pretty much to be the best coach I can be.

"It's the best thing in the world and I've had good experience as a first team coach, but to be a manager in the Premier League and go up against great managers is going to be a great challenge and something I can't wait for.

"This award is one of the most humbling and proudest moments of my life."

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 22, 2024 10:25 am

It's all over the place, try sky sports App.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed May 22, 2024 10:27 am

These are the latest EADT headlines under the title of 'not where my focus is"
Kieran McKenna has addressed recent links with a move away from Ipswich Town, explaining that he isn't focused on the rumours.

The Northern Irishman was immediately installed as the favourite for the Brighton & Hove Albion job following Roberto De Zerbi's departure over the weekend, with numerous outlets also naming him among the frontrunners to take over at Chelsea after Mauricio Pochettino left via mutual consent last night.

Sky Bet have listed him at 11/10 to join Brighton and 3/1 to join Chelsea, with online speculation causing some Town fans to panic that he won't be in charge for the upcoming Premier League season.

SIGN-UP! Get three months of ALL our Town content for just £3 - or 30% off a whole year!

However, speaking after winning the LMA Manager of the Year award last night, he was keen to stress that the ongoing rumours are a normal part of being a successful football team, which the Blues have been by securing back-to-back promotions.

“The club’s had such a positive season and has such a bright future ahead," he told Sky Sports. "We’ve achieved so much, it’s been an incredible two years, and when you’ve had those two years there’s always speculation and things like that. There’s been that every summer.

“I know how much everyone’s looking forward to the season. I think the club is on a fantastic path and everyone’s just looking forward to the season ahead.

“When you do well as a manager or a player, there’s always going to be speculation. I know what we’ve achieved is not an ordinary thing, so of course there’s going to be speculation then.

“That’s not where my focus is, to be honest. Tonight’s about what we’ve achieved last season, what we’ve achieved over the last couple of seasons – not just myself but everyone at the football club.

“It’s been a wonderful couple of years, so tonight is about celebrating that. I know everyone’s looking forward to next season and I know the club will be in a really, really good place going into that season.”
Last edited by AzzurroMark on Wed May 22, 2024 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 22, 2024 10:29 am

So……. YET AGAIN ……. Conflicting stories. Not blaming both messengers…… but which media article is correct? 🤦‍♂️

Honestly……. The media?!! Constantly stirring the pot.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed May 22, 2024 10:34 am

Bluemike wrote:
If he does decide to go then I just hope it happens ASAP in order for us to prepare for next season under a new manager.
I have no doubt Ashton & Co will already have a list of candidates who they feel will fit the role as under this ownership forward planning always seems a priority.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 22, 2024 10:38 am

Not one article says anything to have us believe he is staying Marko, he could have done that in a flash, he didn't, I listened and watched the video of him speaking and I 100% believe he is deflecting away the question in a uncomfortable manner, "I am really looking forward to the season ahead and seeing what we can do" that's all it would have taken but he didn't say it, to say the club is in a really good place or whatever it was speaks volumes to me, he could have said " and I'm delighted to be part of it"

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 22, 2024 10:40 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:34 am
Bluemike wrote:
If he does decide to go then I just hope it happens ASAP in order for us to prepare for next season under a new manager.
I have no doubt Ashton & Co will already have a list of candidates who they feel will fit the role as under this ownership forward planning always seems a priority.
Yep, which is why I've always said Ashton was the best signing we made, bar none, and I stand by that. For me MA is the ONLY hope we have of maybe keeping hold of KM.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Wed May 22, 2024 11:05 am

I now worried after seeing that interview he was talking about all the speculation and only had to say I am looking forward to the coming season with Ipswich, I will be more than disappointed if he goes to another club.
On Talk sport they just said he is in advanced talks with Brighton, I'm gutted if that's true.😩

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:17 am

Ipswich —->> Brighton, regardless of Shabbas fairly comprehensive lowdown on Brighton…. 🤷‍♂️ would STILL be baffled at that decision.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 22, 2024 11:39 am

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:05 am
I now worried after seeing that interview he was talking about all the speculation and only had to say I am looking forward to the coming season with Ipswich, I will be more than disappointed if he goes to another club.
On Talk sport they just said he is in advanced talks with Brighton, I'm gutted if that's true.😩

I think if that was true, Ashton would NOT have had a big smile on his face at that Managers awards last night .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 22, 2024 11:52 am

FWIW: In the EADT today ...I can't access anymore of the article than whats below ....

"Kieran McKenna has addressed recent links with a move away from Ipswich Town, explaining that he isn't focused on the rumours."

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed May 22, 2024 12:06 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:52 am
FWIW: In the EADT today ...I can't access anymore of the article than whats below ....

"Kieran McKenna has addressed recent links with a move away from Ipswich Town, explaining that he isn't focused on the rumours."
See my post above Liz. :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 22, 2024 12:07 pm

Not focused last night is what it said, its not gonna be good news this.