Lol , at last the shoes on the other foot now

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Lol , at last the shoes on the other foot now

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 17, 2024 4:37 pm

T https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/top ... rts-today/

Narwich are a selling club now , and not for anywhere near the profit their fans think either. The whole supply: demand curve has moved , and all of a sudden they are now finding themselves in exactly the same position we were in 20 + years ago. It’ll be cherry picking time at Carrott Roood over the summer I think. And just like us , they’ll get bigger all for the best players. They have to shift their experienced players who are ageing and on hefty PL contracts, but no one will want those players. No parachute money, declining income from a probable drop in ST sales, and a massive wage bill to fund over the summer.

They’ve gloated at Town mercilessly for two decades, and now it’s Town fans turn to return the favour. I’m showing them no mercy. The bunch of carrot crunchers deserve all they get now.

Cabanas Blue

Re: Lol , at last the shoes on the other foot now

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri May 17, 2024 5:09 pm

Oh boy do I feel so sorry for them 🤔 NO I don't 😅🤣

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri May 17, 2024 5:29 pm

Sounds like they are in a difficult position.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 17, 2024 5:43 pm

It makes me laugh how some go on about selling some of their "crown jewels" it's comical because in truth they don't actually have any as such, 2 or 3 will probably command half decent fees in this barmy world we live in but they are in no position to call the shots as cuts have to be made.

We all know only too well how tough and horrible this scenario is as we've lived it in recent times, the Two clubs have literally flip flopped in a year or Two and I think it's safe to say with our new financial backing and the soon to be riches from the Premier League added to the brilliance of KM & MA that we will make a much better fist if things than the Norfolk farm hands have done, its chalk and cheese and they know it.

Yes we haven't beaten them for 15 years or whatever the hell it is, it matters little, we haven't beaten Crewe Alexandra for longer than that, in the grand scheme of things we lost the odd battle which at the time hurt but we have massively won the war. East Anglia is Blue again, which for more decades than I care to remember it always was, the likes of Sheepshanks, Kerr, Evans, Keane, Hirst, Jewell, Cook, Lambert etc etc etc, the list goes on let our stranglehold and dominance slip for 20 odd years but one thing is certain, for as long as we have this infrastructure in place it won't happen again any time soon.

FOREVER BLUE
IPSWICH TIL I DIE
WE HAVE OUR CLUB BACK.

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri May 17, 2024 7:36 pm

Without sounding harsh - it’s pretty childish all this, but I guess as I don’t live in Suffolk I’m not exposed to any Norwich fans - so have no agro/banter from them.

I really couldn’t care about Norwich, let’s just get on with our amazing club. Things can change quickly and we are just fortunate to be in the position we are with these incredible people at the helm.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 17, 2024 7:56 pm

You’re right Shabba, you don’t have to experience this on a daily basis like we do, because you dont live in the area. Trust me, Norwich fans are arrogant and have given us such a hard time for so long, it’s our turn now. I feel fully vindicated in having a bloody good laugh at them right now. Let me enjoy my moment …. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 18, 2024 12:21 pm

The thing is Hallam, most do find the animosity a bit odd, we've experienced quite a bit, as have the likes of Shed and Wilf, they get it.

People go on about the fiercest rivalries and some that are quoted are tame by comparison to ours with Norwich, it is a bitter rivalry that is right up there despite the distance between the Two clubs. Even the likes of Liverpool and Everton don't come close, bloody families divided and breaking bread together, that isn't a rivalry and doesn't come close.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 18, 2024 12:39 pm

Childish is a strange term to use when it comes to football rivalry. All there is is rivalry. Not saying it should be violent, (that IS childish in sport), but let's not turn into, "Excellent win, chaps, jolly good, hope you do well in your forthcoming endeavors" rugby type scenario. Have some backbone about it.
I'd say 80% of my buddies and certainly 50% of my family are Heart of Midlothian fans. And fk those tw@ts on derby day. And I know the feeling is reciprocated 100%
Not childish ....., its just what its all about really. Without derbies in the season......, its not worth the bother....., derby day feelings ARE what being a football fan is all about.

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat May 18, 2024 5:11 pm

shabba wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:36 pm
Without sounding harsh - it’s pretty childish all this, but I guess as I don’t live in Suffolk I’m not exposed to any Norwich fans - so have no agro/banter from them.

I really couldn’t care about Norwich, let’s just get on with our amazing club. Things can change quickly and we are just fortunate to be in the position we are with these incredible people at the helm.
Here's my feelings. Its okay Shabba saying its childish, maybe it is but don't think for a minute Norwich were not rubbing their hands, shouting in glee rubbing Ipswich faces in it for over twenty years. I live 15 mile along the A11 from Norwich, every time I went out even down the pub on a Sunday with my wife was I reminded how little Ipswich paid back from debts occurred and how shamed I should feel. The gloating, the taunting I got personally was awful and I had to take it on the chin.

Few years ago Norwich got lucky by getting promoted whilst gambling on spending. They nearly themselves were close to calling in receivers but managed to get promoted by like I say gambling on massive expenditure

Will I gloat? maybe, Will I enjoy going down the pub again? Too damn right I will

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 18, 2024 6:53 pm

Good on yer Steve. Get a pint in and say in a loud voice “ Delia, ten more years”, 15yrs ,who gives a f***, the Town are up” 👍…. Down it in one and walk out…. :mrgreen:

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun May 19, 2024 4:07 pm

shabba wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:36 pm

100%, sometimes in life i'm just utterly embarrased for people and the small minded levels they get to

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun May 19, 2024 4:13 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 12:39 pm
Childish is a strange term to use when it comes to football rivalry. All there is is rivalry. Not saying it should be violent, (that IS childish in sport), but let's not turn into, "Excellent win, chaps, jolly good, hope you do well in your forthcoming endeavors" rugby type scenario. Have some backbone about it.
I'd say 80% of my buddies and certainly 50% of my family are Heart of Midlothian fans. And fk those tw@ts on derby day. And I know the feeling is reciprocated 100%
Not childish ....., its just what its all about really. Without derbies in the season......, its not worth the bother....., derby day feelings ARE what being a football fan is all about.
That is football rivalry Marko and thats fine but you don't go around calling them scum and all the other nonsense regularly spouted by some on here, and they really mean it.
100% on rugby btw.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun May 19, 2024 4:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 12:21 pm
The thing is Hallam, most do find the animosity a bit odd, we've experienced quite a bit, as have the likes of Shed and Wilf, they get it.

People go on about the fiercest rivalries and some that are quoted are tame by comparison to ours with Norwich, it is a bitter rivalry that is right up there despite the distance between the Two clubs. Even the likes of Liverpool and Everton don't come close, bloody families divided and breaking bread together, that isn't a rivalry and doesn't come close.
Well try Rangers and Celtic and you will know all about rivalry and bitterness and hatred it seeps into society. Got to stand up to it call it out. Norwich/Ipswich your having a laugh

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 19, 2024 4:24 pm

It’s all relative VR. You know nothing about the rivalry ( and hatred) that exists between Ipswich / norwich… what we don’t have down here though is sectarianism which is the main cause of hatred between Rangers / Celtic …. At least ours is just football tribalism!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 19, 2024 4:31 pm

Exactly, religion not football.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 4:17 pm
Bluemike wrote:

Well try Rangers and Celtic and you will know all about rivalry and bitterness and hatred it seeps into society. Got to stand up to it call it out. Norwich/Ipswich your having a laugh
I've been to 4 Ipswich/Norwich matches. Lived in Ipswich for 4 years and found the whole thing laughable tbh and if i'm being totally honest a bit mickey mouse. Don't mean to offend but that was just my take on it. I can't my head round how people deal with this stuff. What i get annoyed about is 4 million people in uk living in destitution 1 million of which are children. Now that is worth bothering about, not some irrelevant football rivalry

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun May 19, 2024 5:37 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

I've been to 4 Ipswich/Norwich matches. Lived in Ipswich for 4 years and found the whole thing laughable tbh and if i'm being totally honest a bit mickey mouse. Don't mean to offend but that was just my take on it. I can't my head round how people deal with this stuff. What i get annoyed about is 4 million people in uk living in destitution 1 million of which are children. Now that is worth bothering about, not some irrelevant football rivalry
Not aure what that has to do with a football rivalry VR - sorry. Even if it were true (which in our society I personally do not believe it is - maybe the Guardian said so, so it must be true), then I am sure everyone would have sympathy with it but it still has no relevance to Ipswich V Norwich. Its like every football rivalry - if you live in the thick of it, it matters. I have already said I won't miss the derby as I never enjoy it but I don't belittle others experience of it - perception is reality.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 19, 2024 5:37 pm

Maybe go find a forum for Human affairs etc then as believe it or not this is a football forum, an ITFC forum, living in Ipswich for a mere Four years probably explains why you don't feel it and find it Mickey Mouse, 60+ years of it kind of makes it more meaningful and real.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 19, 2024 6:23 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 4:13 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 12:39 pm
That is football rivalry Marko and thats fine but you don't go around calling them scum and all the other nonsense regularly spouted by some on here, and they really mean it.
100% on rugby btw.
I really do think the actual point is being entirely missed. All clubs have the tw*t element. The pond-life element --->> "the scum". The one's who want to create bother at grounds, and train stations, winding up the police --->> and then go home, get on their laptop and go on a suicidal assassination of the English language and wind up the grammar police. (Those feckin "could of" bastards!)

I am sure Hallamblue is as guilty as me at looking at an entire away support, (Hearts, Norwich)....., and saying to Mike, "Looks at those fecking twats over there twirling their scarves, GOD, I hate them!"....., but its only the "pond-life" element that she REALLY doesn't like.

My best man is a jambo! Nicest guy in the world......., he's a bellend on derby day.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 19, 2024 7:11 pm

You’re completely right marko. I’ve worked with Norwich fans in my job and we have banter and banter moments between us. I’ve not had much opportunity to get one back of them for a good few years! But I don’t refer to them, or consider them as scum. Just the pricks that attack me with scaffold poles or as you say take to social media hell bent on abuse. Oven suffered personal abuse from done this week on fb because I congratulated Leeds on giving cause to celebrate their win at Elland road. I should have reported it, but I just blocked them. But that’s yet more abuse levied at Town fans by. I didn’t get any abuse from Saints fans, Leicester fans or WBA fans..

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 19, 2024 7:44 pm

And as for the scum I stand with at home games !!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 19, 2024 8:34 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

But that’s EXACTLY what you intended isn’t it! You demonstrate a condescending attitude to Ipswich fans….. you sure you’re not a
“Scummer” yourself??

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 19, 2024 8:48 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 7:44 pm
And as for the scum I stand with at home games !!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh dear!! :shock: It's been a pleasure chatting , Mike! :lol:

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Sat May 25, 2024 12:06 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 4:37 pm
T https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/top ... rts-today/

Narwich are a selling club now , and not for anywhere near the profit their fans think either. The whole supply: demand curve has moved , and all of a sudden they are now finding themselves in exactly the same position we were in 20 + years ago. It’ll be cherry picking time at Carrott Roood over the summer I think. And just like us , they’ll get bigger all for the best players. They have to shift their experienced players who are ageing and on hefty PL contracts, but no one will want those players. No parachute money, declining income from a probable drop in ST sales, and a massive wage bill to fund over the summer.

They’ve gloated at Town mercilessly for two decades, and now it’s Town fans turn to return the favour. I’m showing them no mercy. The bunch of carrot crunchers deserve all they get now.
Hell, yes!! It's time for payback and they are getting it with both barrels!!!!!

ITFC2024

Post by ITFC2024 » Fri May 31, 2024 12:25 pm

I was watching Jimmy Carr's stand up the other night and he asked if there was anyone from Norfolk in the audience. He then proceeded to make fun of them. He said, their family tree looks like a broomstick! :lol:

Apparently, he went to college in Cambridge.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 31, 2024 5:13 pm

Love it :lol: :lol:

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:47 am

I seriously do not get the laughter in poking fun where people were born. Far as Jimmy Carr it seems he can only get laughs when poking fun at people otherwise not that funny

Don't think this is him only poking fun at Norfolk people though for other so called comedians have done similar with Suffolk people. For me this forum shouldn't be personal on where happen to be born but more choices for whatever reason the football club each one of us supports

For the record there are total lovely spots in Suffolk as there are in Norfolk, there's also dosses of places in each count as well as good and not so good people from each county. Not sure why Cambridge comes into it for Cambridge is not in Norfolk, The name Cambridge name kind of gives it away from being in Cambridgeshire

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:47 am

Steve wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:47 am
I seriously do not get the laughter in poking fun where people were born. Far as Jimmy Carr it seems he can only get laughs when poking fun at people otherwise not that funny

Don't think this is him only poking fun at Norfolk people though for other so called comedians have done similar with Suffolk people. For me this forum shouldn't be personal on where happen to be born but more choices for whatever reason the football club each one of us supports

For the record there are total lovely spots in Suffolk as there are in Norfolk, there's also dosses of places in each county as well as good and not so good people from each county. Not sure why Cambridge comes into it for Cambridge is not in Norfolk, The name Cambridge name kind of gives it away from being in Cambridgeshire

ITFC2024

Post by ITFC2024 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:10 pm

Cambridgeshire is adjacent to Norfolk, therefore proximity may have come into play.

No offence, just thought it was funny because of Norwich.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:22 pm

Yes, its just comedy really. All areas come under target in comedy. Scouse, cockney, cornish, glasgow, Edinburgers, you guys in East Angular…….. French, Italians, Americans, Aussies….

Its comedy.