Chambo's Interview

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Chambo's Interview

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Has anybody else seen it ? I would suggest he is far from happy with Hurs't comments after the Exeter game, of course he is trying to disguise but I definitely detect a bit of anger, when asked he said of course everyone was trying and giving their all, can't remember the exact words but it was clear to me he does not agree with what was said. He also made reference to going out and proving that the comments made are wrong etc etc. Will try to find it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Chambo's Interview

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:17 pm

I get hes the captain and the key voice in the dressing room, but hes still a player.
Why shpuld he be immune from a bollocking?

If hes taken personal criticism then he'll have to take it on board and get on with it.

One of the criticisms under Mick was it was a bit too cosy for some. Put in shifts and job done, whatever the result.
I think Hurst is asking more than huff n puff. Chambers reaction seems to be the players gave their best so its ok. Dont agree with that.... its not all about sweat and toil and might mean giving a bit more quality.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:19 pm

He was immense today

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:19 pm
He was immense today
The whole bloody team were immense today.
Fantastic effort by the lads and if that is the case of players being upset by what the manager said then perhaps he should give them a bollocking after every game.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:36 am

I’m not too worried by this interview, I think Chambo was worried how PH comments would effect moral and bad results reflect on him as a a player as much/ more than hurst. It’s fair enough he misses MM early doors anyway.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Bit late to this, but what a very professional interview that was. Its the first time I've witnessed Luke speaking (when its not just after a final whistle) and I was impressed. I reckon he will make a very good manager when he is older and he is definitely pundit material. The part after 3 minutes talking about people being different regarding "speaking up" , not just in football, but in life was superb. A real switched on character. Too many footballers are tarred with the same brush but there are guys like Luke Chambers playing the game. It's great to hear him speak so professionally about something quite significant, ie, a manager who has expressed anger to the media.

AND, he subsequently sorted things with a commendable draw with 10 men Vs Villa.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:52 pm

I thought he came over a bit of a tw*t who did not except the criticism that PH dished out. Once we get another CB in the place he will be on the bench mark my words.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Really? I didn't get that from the interview at all. Not in the slightest. Thought the opposite really. Very articulate and dealing with criticism in the way it should be dealt with. In todays world of footballers, I thought he was the polar opposite of a "tw@t".

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 pm

Perhaps he should change his name to MARMITE some love him some hate him and think his a tw*t

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:45 pm

I don't think it's wrong for him to have confidence and strength behind his opinions, he's a very experienced player now and club captain after all, that can only be a benefit. It's also good for him to be able tell truths to PH if he feels he should, he knows the club better than just about anyone there currently.

As long as their relationship stays positive, which it should, they're both mature men wanting the same thing, so it's good to have characters around the place, certainly don't think he's a tw*t and don't think most would??

I also think he took the criticism just fine, you're never going to enjoy it, but it's how you respond to that that matters and I think the team's performance on Saturday speaks very loudly about that. The togetherness and desire they showed while such a new group was impressive, many many strong teams would have rolled over and accepted defeat. I believe that under McCarthy we would have tried to park the bus and ultimately failed, under PH the team have enough confidence in him and themselves to have a go against as good a team as there is in the league and that's a massive credit to everyone involved, makes me very happy to see.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:14 am

I have to be honest I think anyone that thinks Chambers is a tw*t needs their head testing. He is a model professional and a sound guy. In that interview what do people expect him to say? He was hurt with some of the criticism but he obviously took it on board and put all his effort into the game on Saturday and he played very well. If he was a tw*t he would be openly criticizing the manager and he could if he wanted to make life uncomfortable for Paul Hurst. He would never do that. I was a bit concerned by the interview because I felt it had really hit a nerve with him but I don't know why I questioned it, I have never once felt Chambers doesn't give his all and I believe he loves playing for this club. What he lacks in technical ability he makes up for in his leadership and effort for the badge.

I understand people have differing opinions on his ability as a footballer and I will accept that argument but I just cant see how people criticize him as a person/ambassador for this club as for me he has been our best captain since Matt Holland

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:09 am

Absolutely spot on Charlton, exactly how I feel/see it, I too thought the interview was worrying for the same reasons but I love Chambo, he bleeds this club and gives his all on and off the pitch.