JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazzz67

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:36 pm

I think he is in there Liz, would be great to see him start and bang in one or two on his debut.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:23 pm

Just realised, he won’t count in the squad numbers due to his age! ( I think 🤔)….can Anyone else confirm this,

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:03 pm

Ah Iraq got knocked out today it seems, so he might make the PNE squad, wouldn't expect a start but we might see him off the bench :).

Hopefully with some 'easier' fixtures coming he can get settled in and bag some goals to get him up and running.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:08 pm

Just seen his 'online' interview, sounds a really nice lad and should fit in well. Hopefully he enjoys his time at Ipswich, we all get behind him and he scores us lots of goals.

Welcome Ali!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:11 pm

Song for the fans.. ......, from Aladdin

PRINCE ALI
IPSWICH IS HE
ALI HAMADI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_8FAMsmCM

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:38 pm

We've got Ali Al-Hamadi
He knows exactly what we need
He needs the scoring knack
Cus Freddie got the sack
The town are gonna win the f**king League

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:46 pm

Simple one is OOOHHHH AL HAMAAAAADI

OOOHHH AL HAAAAMADI

Etc.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:07 pm

Ali comments ……

Ali Al-Hamadi believes he is ready to take the step up two divisions after completing a January transfer move from AFC Wimbledon to Ipswich Town.

The 21-year-old Iraqi international scored 27 goals in 48 games for his previous League Two employers and now joins a Blues side that is pushing for promotion towards the top of the Championship.

He has signed a four-and-a-half year contract at Portman Road, joining in a deal worth in excess of £1m, and will wear the No.16 shirt.

“Ipswich is a club on an upward trajectory, with a manager who is known for developing players, so at this point in my career I feel like I am ready to make the step up and this feels like the perfect fit for me,” he told TownTV.

“Everyone I have spoken to has given the club unbelievable reviews so I’m just excited to get to work when I get back (from the Asian Cup, Iraq having been eliminated earlier today).

"Whenever I’ve watched Ipswich it’s attractive football with high intensity and energy, which fits my characteristics well, so I’d say I’m a good fit.

“I am hungry to score goals and understand it’s a step up to the Championship where players are better and sharper, but I’m confident in my ability, I am hungry to learn and am looking forward to joining up with the squad.”

Town boss Kieran McKenna said: “Ali is a very exciting young striker who we feel has great attributes and a lot of room to continue to develop.

“He’s had a really good first 12 months of regular senior football and has had a significant impact at AFC Wimbledon. He fits our recruitment profile of being a young, hungry, athletic and technical player who we feel can have an impact in the squad straight away, but also has room to grow and develop for the future.”

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:47 pm

Sam Gallagher starting for Blackburn tonight so that looks dead now.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:33 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:47 pm
Sam Gallagher starting for Blackburn tonight so that looks dead now.
Sam Gallagher scored 1 & assist 1 in the first half. That’ll add £1m to his value and persaude them to try even harder to keep him up north.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:53 pm

I hope we pull out of any deal for Gallagher. I can see them pissing us about and at the last moment deciding to keep him or if we do get him we end up paying way over the odds to bring him to PR.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:00 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:53 pm
I hope we pull out of any deal for Gallagher. I can see them pissing us about and at the last moment deciding to keep him or if we do get him we end up paying way over the odds to bring him to PR.
Yeah it’s really sounding like they’re fuckin with us. I’ll remember this.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:51 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
A Kieffer Moore deal may not be dead in the water ….

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:00 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:51 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
I would rather have Moore on loan, Gallagher is a good Championship player who would certainly help us to get promoted but he's not good enough for the premier IMO.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:10 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:00 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:51 pm
Shed on tour wrote:
I would rather have Moore on loan, Gallagher is a good Championship player who would certainly help us to get promoted but he's not good enough for the premier IMO.
I’d be happy to take either rather than see 21yr old Al-Hamadi shoulder all the pressure and responsibility for leading the attack cos if it doesn’t go to plan it could destroy him. Although I think we can rely on McKenna to protect him, it’s more about some of our less knowledgeable fans I’m worried about.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:25 pm

Does this mean Gallagher might be Ipswich bound?

Excl: Duncan McGuire is on the verge of completing a £2.3m move to Blackburn Rovers from Orlando City. 🇺🇸

Sheffield Wednesday also in race but Blackburn’s offer includes a more favourable payment schedule.

McGuire expected to travel to the UK tonight, if all goes to plan.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:42 pm

Well he is a striker so it hasn't done us any harm in our quest.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:46 pm

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:59 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/575430/sam ... or-sale/#6
No idea how reliable this guy’s information is but if true hope we haven’t put all our eggs in one basket regarding Gallagher.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:13 pm

I don't see what the attraction is to Gallagher tbh but if we have put all our eggs in one basket we are potentially gonna be left very short.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:13 pm
I don't see what the attraction is to Gallagher tbh but if we have put all our eggs in one basket we are potentially gonna be left very short.
Totally agree with your opinion about Gallagher but obviously KM must see something in him if the reports of us keep upping our bids are true.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:29 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:46 pm
Another striker being linked...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ipswi ... erman-ace/
He doesn't have very good stats, but who knows if he got a run of games.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:39 pm

I keep coming on here to see if there has been any interesting and concrete news, I really must stop that, because all the rumours and speculation are doing my head in!

What I will add is that it looks like we dodged a bullet with Simms in the summer, he looks like he's been a £6-8m flop for Coventry this season at least!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:53 pm

Ricco wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:39 pm
I keep coming on here to see if there has been any interesting and concrete news, I really must stop that, because all the rumours and speculation are doing my head in!

What I will add is that it looks like we dodged a bullet with Simms in the summer, he looks like he's been a £6-8m flop for Coventry this season at least!
Hearts in the SPL was his limit.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:55 pm

Ricco: Just shows you the size of a transfer fee doesn’t equate to quality levels or other key attributes ( which our club definitely focuses on )

Ps your post made me laugh …. I feel your pain lol

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:20 pm

Living in SWLondon I have a few Wimbledon mates and a couple I play golf with are season ticket holders at Wimbledon and they are gutted at losing Al-Hamadi although not surprised. When they got him from Wycombe they initially put him on the wing and for two matches they all thought he was useless. They then put him in the centre and he was a different player . He's really quick and unlike Jackson has great feet ,from a standing start leaving players for dead and definitely knows where the goal is. He had a phenomenal goal scoring record at Wimbledon .The only negative ,my mate said ,was that he appeared sometimes to be a bit lazy but he loves scoring goals and at Wimbledon he was banging them in with regularity. He is not a Hirst replacement though but could be another Jamie Vardy but stronger looking. Iraq regularly make the World Cup finals and let's face it ,at 21 he's going to get better ,especially with KM as his manager.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:24 pm

That's what we like to hear Ranger, people who actually know about the lad, he sure as hell does look quick and can finish, I'm quite excited about this signing tbh.

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:40 pm

Me too Mike. If he starts banging in goals for us and we do get promoted he could be one of the best investments the club has ever made . Wimbledon are saying he has beaten their transfer club record which was about £1.2 million so I'd expect all the probable add- ons ( goals ,appearances, promotion etc) to take the figure to around £2m but just imagine what he could be worth as a successful 23 year old striker in the Premiership at today's prices !!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:26 pm

RRanger wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:20 pm
Iraq regularly make the World Cup finals....
Did you mean rarely? They've only been to Mexico 86.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:43 pm

RRanger wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:40 pm
Me too Mike. If he starts banging in goals for us and we do get promoted he could be one of the best investments the club has ever made . Wimbledon are saying he has beaten their transfer club record which was about £1.2 million so I'd expect all the probable add- ons ( goals ,appearances, promotion etc) to take the figure to around £2m but just imagine what he could be worth as a successful 23 year old striker in the Premiership at today's prices !!
Yes indeed, and you'd like to think he'll only improve further under McKenna's leadership