Ipswich miss out on Rasiak loan

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Paul30

Ipswich miss out on Rasiak loan

Post by Paul30 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:29 pm

Tottenham and Poland striker Grzegorz Rasiak
Rasiak is hoping to play in next year's World Cup with Poland
Ipswich's hopes of bringing in Tottenham and Poland striker Grzegorz Rasiak on loan have fallen through.

The 26-year-old has made 10 appearances this season, and Spurs want to retain him as cover for Egypt's Mido during the African Nations Cup.

Town boss Joe Royle is looking for a new striker after Sam Parkin was ruled out until March with a broken ankle.

Rasiak, who is eager for first-team football ahead of the World Cup, was also linked with a loan to Derby.

"I did ask about Rasiak but I can understand Tottenham's position right now," said Royle.

"They've got a great season going there and will be losing Mido when he goes off to play in the African Nations Cup."

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:59 pm

It's a shame we missed out on him because I think he's a good player. Spurs hardly ever play him so why couldn't they lend him to us for a month? :(

ATB

Post by ATB » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:33 pm

Gaz wrote:It's a shame we missed out on him because I think he's a good player. Spurs hardly ever play him so why couldn't they lend him to us for a month? :(
It would be good if they could've loaned him out for at least a month or so.. and if they needed him desperately when Mido goes, they could recall him..
they still have Keane and Defoe, and also Tanio and Lennon as attacking midfielders..

toby

Post by toby » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:41 am

ATB wrote:
Gaz wrote:It's a shame we missed out on him because I think he's a good player. Spurs hardly ever play him so why couldn't they lend him to us for a month? :(
It would be good if they could've loaned him out for at least a month or so.. and if they needed him desperately when Mido goes, they could recall him..
they still have Keane and Defoe, and also Tanio and Lennon as attacking midfielders..
Most Spurs fans that I talk to (I work only a mile or two from White Hart Lane) think that one of these two or possibly both will be off in January. Defoe is rumoured to be off to Chelsea or possibly Man.Utd.