A huge huge game

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

phily bon bon

A huge huge game

Post by phily bon bon » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:37 pm

The match against sheffield wednesday is by far the most important this season so far.A team thats been sh*te from the get go against a team getting worse as the season goes on.I think we have even let more goals in than them :shock: dispite them probably being a worse side.As we teeter on the edge of the drop zone with wednesday a little further behind it would give a massive boost to them to beat a side like Ipswich that find themselves a little above them at the moment.
The old saying that its a real six pointer could well be true.
The chance of us keeping a clean sheet is as far removed as me getting a BJ off the pope so we will have to score at least two or three to win the game.
Right now most of us seem happy enough when we draw...home or away so the omens point in that direction for the wednesday game.
I only hope the strikers/midfield will chip in with at least two goals on the day so we get a 2-2 draw at the very least.

Earl Blue

Re: A huge huge game

Post by Earl Blue » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:41 pm

phily bon bon wrote:The match against sheffield wednesday is by far the most important this season so far.A team thats been sh*te from the get go against a team getting worse as the season goes on.I think we have even let more goals in than them :shock: dispite them probably being a worse side.As we teeter on the edge of the drop zone with wednesday a little further behind it would give a massive boost to them to beat a side like Ipswich that find themselves a little above them at the moment.
The chance of us keeping a clean sheet is as far removed as me getting a BJ off the pope so we will have to score at least two or three to win the game.
Right now most of us seem happy enough when we draw...home or away so the omens point in that direction for the wednesday game.
I only hope the strikers/midfield will chip in with at least two goals on the day so we get a 2-2 draw at the very least.
I cant disagree with you there Philly. AS much as I would lurrrve
3 points before Christmas (and I dont mean a speeding fine) I would#be happy with 1 point from this game.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:42 pm

phily bon bon wrote:The match against sheffield wednesday is by far the most important this season so far.A team thats been sh*te from the get go against a team getting worse as the season goes on.I think we have even let more goals in than them :shock: dispite them probably being a worse side.As we teeter on the edge of the drop zone with wednesday a little further behind it would give a massive boost to them to beat a side like Ipswich that find themselves a little above them at the moment.
The chance of us keeping a clean sheet is as far removed as me getting a BJ off the pope so we will have to score at least two or three to win the game.Right now most of us seem happy enough when we draw...home or away so the omens point in that direction for the wednesday game.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

quality PBB

maybe u should send him a letter requesting one before hand instead of just turning up :lol:

personally im not to worried about the sheff weds game a point away from home will do very nicely, its our home form which is much more worrying, the whole teams confidence seems to be very low, i like the idea of bringing the kids through now, especialy away from home where there are smaller attendances

if things havent improved after crimbo then its time for joe to walk and get a new face in who can do something in the transfer market, few loan players etc....

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:43 pm

Its not just the number of goals conceded its the manner of them, saturday being a prime example. How is it possible for a team to progres from half way line to goal without an ipswich challange???

Price needs to learn quickly when to move off his line, as the 2nd goal demonstrated, it was crossed accross the six yard box FFS.

However, if conceding wasn't enough, we just don't look convincing going forward anymore, too slow, too predictable, no variation, god I'm pissed off :cry:

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:20 pm

Havent we won 1 in our last 11 or something?

WE NEED A WIN! What better time to start?

Jome_ITFC

Post by Jome_ITFC » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:24 pm

thats a bit harsh, we did win the first game of the season :wink:

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:13 am

some of you lot would be happy with the point? The point against even worse side than us?

3 points is a must against poor Sheffield Wed. but I doubt it'll happen. If we get a draw we'll have to listen the same cr@p from Royle : 'we could have won but the point is a good result for us blah blah blah'.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:33 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:some of you lot would be happy with the point? The point against even worse side than us?

3 points is a must against poor Sheffield Wed
Totally agree, anything less than 3 points will be an EXMTREMELY bad result... A win is a must, we're not going to get an easier game than this!

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:40 am

:shock: Ive just checked and there are only 5 teams in the whole country that have let in more than us.4 of which find themselves in their divisions respective drop zones.
If we let in a hatful against wednesday I will go ballistic. :twisted: