The way i see it...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Luke

The way i see it...

Post by Luke » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:05 pm

Ive been reading comments recently a whole lot more then posting. Ive had a bit of a think and this is how i see the current situation...

Despite our shitty leauge performnces atm, We are extremely lucky in that we are almost sitting on a goldmine of talented youth players.
The last Ipswich team to win the FA Youth cup before last season contained players like Beatie etc..
And we all know what happend after they where introduced...

So why the bad postion ?

In my opinion they most ridiclious purchases have been made. This includes "my boy" Currie :lol:
With the money (However little it has been) Joe has had to play with, There are certain players in the lower leauges etc who we have just watched drift past us to other clubs. That cost less and are better then our current squad. Players of the ilk of Marlon King, Jon Harley, Bryan Gunnarson, Danny Tiato,
Just to name off the top of my head are players that where well within our wage and price structure that we have just watched go to other clubs!

With the gold mine of youth players like
Clarke, Haynes, Knights, Upson, Craig, Casement, Supple, Garvan, Peters
And i geuss even our ballerina Dean Mcdonnald

We have IMO 45% of a decent squad already...
Coupled with the decent players we currently have at the club who are in prime age.
Price (altho some might call him a youngster too) Sito, Williams, Parkin(despite being a bad buy he is here now and in a prime age) Naylor, Westlake, Juan (altho he is on loan)

Thats IMO 75% of a decent championship side...
Something that any manager worth there salt should be able to deal with, Realise where the troubbled areas are and bring in re enforcements whatever budget they are on

I really feel a change of manager would completly change our fortunes simlar to the way Dowie did Crystal palaces fortunes.
Someone with a new enthusiasm. New ideas. And hopefully a few new players. Would work a treat..

Royles done us well through a tricky time but i really dont think he has the passion enthusiasm or possibly even ability to get us out of this situation.

Of course writting all of this is in vain as we all know we dont have the money to sack Royle. And even if we did i very much doubt Sheepshanks would wish to dispose of him.

Aslong as we continue to blood the younger players and hopefully eventually Royle will realise the areas which we are lacking in and made adiquite replacements!!

[Rant end/]

Diddy Dubz

Re: The way i see it...

Post by Diddy Dubz » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:15 pm

Luke wrote:Ive been reading comments recently a whole lot more then posting. Ive had a bit of a think and this is how i see the current situation...

Despite our shitty leauge performnces atm, We are extremely lucky in that we are almost sitting on a goldmine of talented youth players.
The last Ipswich team to win the FA Youth cup before last season contained players like Beatie etc..

So why the bad postion ?

In my opinion they most ridiclious purchases have been made. This includes "my boy" Currie :lol:
With the money (However little it has been) Joe has had to play with, There are certain players in the lower leauges etc who we have just watched drift past us to other clubs. That cost less and are better then our current squad. Players of the ilk of Marlon King, Jon Harley, Bryan Gunnarson, Danny Tiato,
Just to name off the top of my head are players that where well within our wage and price structure that we have just watched go to other clubs!

Coupled with the decent players we currently have at the club who are in prime age.
Price (altho some might call him a youngster too) Sito, Williams, Parkin(despite being a bad buy he is here now and in a prime age) Naylor, Westlake, Juan (altho he is on loan)

Something that any manager worth there salt should be able to deal with, Realise where the troubbled areas are and bring in re enforcements whatever budget they are on

I really feel a change of manager would completly change our fortunes simlar to the way Dowie did Crystal palaces fortunes.
Someone with a new enthusiasm. New ideas. And hopefully a few new players. Would work a treat..

Royles done us well through a tricky time but i really dont think he has the passion enthusiasm or possibly even ability to get us out of this situation.

Of course writting all of this is in vain as we all know we dont have the money to sack Royle. And even if we did i very much doubt Sheepshanks would wish to dispose of him.

Aslong as we continue to blood the younger players and hopefully eventually Royle will realise the areas which we are lacking in and made adiquite replacements!!

[Rant end/]
It's a good argument Luke but you forget the magical commodity, MONEY.

We simply CANNOT afford to sack Joe Royle, we simply CANNOT sign players like Danny Tiatto who in my opinion is on a premiership wage.

I agree Marlon King would have been a good player for us but, prior to him agreeing a deal with Watford - do you REALLY hand on heart think he would have come here?

I think not.

We're stuck with Joe Royle till his contract ends or he walks.

When Joe does go - we need to think long and hard who we want and thats purely up to the bord.

In my opinion, I'd go for a hungry young manager, Phil Parkinson for example, much as I hate Col U, I'd love someone like him to come here.

Not scared to give youth a try and has a hunger, unlike Joe sadly who is like a lame horse grazing in the field of financial security.

Royle is getting a free ride, you know it, I know it, and Joe certainly knows it - but sacking him will means a large chuck of money will HAVE to go to him and that could be fatal.

So just stick it out, we can stay up and be happy with mid table obscurity and buil for the future when Joe leaves.

Luke

Re: The way i see it...

Post by Luke » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:19 pm

Daddy Dubz wrote:
Luke wrote:Ive been reading comments recently a whole lot more then posting. Ive had a bit of a think and this is how i see the current situation...

So why the bad postion ?

[Rant end/]
It's a good argument Luke but you forget the magical commodity, MONEY.

We simply CANNOT afford to sack Joe Royle, we simply CANNOT sign players like Danny Tiatto who in my opinion is on a premiership wage.

I agree Marlon King would have been a good player for us but, prior to him agreeing a deal with Watford - do you REALLY hand on heart think he would have come here?

I think not.

We're stuck with Joe Royle till his contract ends or he walks.

When Joe does go - we need to think long and hard who we want and thats purely up to the bord.

In my opinion, I'd go for a hungry young manager, Phil Parkinson for example, much as I hate Col U, I'd love someone like him to come here.

Not scared to give youth a try and has a hunger, unlike Joe sadly who is like a lame horse grazing in the field of financial security.

Royle is getting a free ride, you know it, I know it, and Joe certainly knows it - but sacking him will means a large chuck of money will HAVE to go to him and that could be fatal.

So just stick it out, we can stay up and be happy with mid table obscurity and buil for the future when Joe leaves.
I know we cant mate its whats holding us back imo. I gave the example of tiato etc as when they where on frees i had high hopes of us signing him as he is with our wage structore on about 3/4 grand a week.
I know what ya mean about king tho mate.
Just gotta keep postive tho i geuss.
Cheers for the feedback