MacDonald

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

MacDonald

Post by Dazza » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:34 pm

Anyone know if he is back and if he is gonna play on Saturday?

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:14 pm

Pass - but nice to see he is cup tied for the FA Cup :shock:

Good long term planning by Town if they were going to bring him back to PR before the 3rd round - another indication of how seriously we take the cups :roll:

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:57 pm

vzr162 wrote:Pass - but nice to see he is cup tied for the FA Cup :shock:

Good long term planning by Town if they were going to bring him back to PR before the 3rd round - another indication of how seriously we take the cups :roll:
:lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:05 pm

vzr162 wrote:Pass - but nice to see he is cup tied for the FA Cup :shock:

..but it might actually be saying more about Joes' intentions regarding the use of MacDonald as a future town player full stop !

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:21 pm

As we only ever seem to play one round in each competition we enter, being cup-tied would not radically effect Mini Macs long term chances of being selected and attempting to get a run, now would it :lol: :roll:

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:54 am

Regardless of cup runs etc - if a player goes out on loan only for a month with no intention of allowing him to go out longer why the f**k is he allowed to get cup tied??

God only knows what injury situation we may be in then and perhaps Mini Mac would be needed. I can understand if he went out on loan for 2-3 months - but a 1 month loan could cost us a lot more dearly then probably cared to imagine!!!

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:00 am

the-mole wrote:Regardless of cup runs etc - if a player goes out on loan only for a month with no intention of allowing him to go out longer why the f**k is he allowed to get cup tied??

God only knows what injury situation we may be in then and perhaps Mini Mac would be needed. I can understand if he went out on loan for 2-3 months - but a 1 month loan could cost us a lot more dearly then probably cared to imagine!!!
You're one angry mole lately!!!

He probably went out for a month with a view to be extended, but now we have loads of injuries he is being called back. JR probably wanted him to play the cup game so he could get more match practice. Aslong as he comes back now and starts kicking as* in the league I wont mind. We can try different things in the cup, losing MacDonald the player who doesnt score and hasnt really played for us this season is hardly going to mean we're going out of the cup.

Himple

Post by Himple » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:06 am

Ipswich have recalled him now, his last game for Hartlepool is this saturday, and hes back after that.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:12 am

Dazza wrote:
the-mole wrote:Regardless of cup runs etc - if a player goes out on loan only for a month with no intention of allowing him to go out longer why the f**k is he allowed to get cup tied??

You're one angry mole lately!!!

He probably went out for a month with a view to be extended, but now we have loads of injuries he is being called back. JR probably wanted him to play the cup game so he could get more match practice. Aslong as he comes back now and starts kicking as* in the league I wont mind. We can try different things in the cup, losing MacDonald the player who doesnt score and hasnt really played for us this season is hardly going to mean we're going out of the cup.
Sorry Dazza :D ( i will think of flowers and pink instead)!!

I am not saying he would have cost us the cup game - but with Clarke now out our forward line now looks alot more thin!! Had he been on loan for about 3 months I would have been all for it - but because it looked as though he was only going for a month I thought it was a bit short sighted of us to let him play!!