Celtic to complete move for Keane

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

Celtic to complete move for Keane

Post by Dazza » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:53 pm

Roy Keane will sign for Celtic - and should complete his free transfer move this week, BBC Scotland understands.
It is believed that a portion of the 34-year-old's salary will be paid directly by the Parkhead club's major shareholder Dermot Desmond.

Former Republic of Ireland captain Keane has been much in demand since leaving Manchester United in November.

Celtic have so far refused to comment on the story, but it is understood that the deal is set to go through.

Spanish giants Real Madrid were said to be the front-runners for Keane's signature but president Florentino Perez was not prepared to move until January.

Premiership duo Bolton and Everton had approached Keane, while West Brom and West Ham were among other clubs to express their interest.

Keane has said in the past that he would like to end his career at Celtic Park but chairman Brian Quinn had expressed concern about the level of the player's wages.

That issue would appear to have been resolved with the aid of Desmond's financial contribution.

Keane is not eligible to play until the winter transfer window opens, so the first match he could feature in would be the 1 January visit to Hearts.
Real Madird wanted him... is he mad... :shock:

Phil

Post by Phil » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:54 pm

good move for him, he's favourite team as a young'n and the pace of scottish football will make him look quick!

toby

Post by toby » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:30 pm

Phil wrote:good move for him, he's favourite team as a young'n and the pace of scottish football will make him look quick!
Have you ever seen the Old Firm derby?

I don't think I;ve ever seen such fast paced helter skelter football!

Not sure a 34 year old with knackered legs is going to be able to handle it to be honest.

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:11 pm

toby wrote:
Phil wrote:good move for him, he's favourite team as a young'n and the pace of scottish football will make him look quick!
Have you ever seen the Old Firm derby?

I don't think I;ve ever seen such fast paced helter skelter football!

Not sure a 34 year old with knackered legs is going to be able to handle it to be honest.
This is a awful move by Strachan cant beleive he wanted the t0sser!

Hearts_Ipswich

Post by Hearts_Ipswich » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:37 pm

Hahaha Glad they got him

Reckon he's well past his best, injury prone and slow. Will be costing a packet and hopefully a disruptive influence as well. Rudi Skacel will rip him for arse paper

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:21 pm

Hearts_Ipswich wrote:Hahaha Glad they got him

Reckon he's well past his best, injury prone and slow. Will be costing a packet and hopefully a disruptive influence as well. Rudi Skacel will rip him for arse paper
Whos top the leauge...

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:00 am

Luke wrote:

Whos top the leauge...
whos always top of the league in scotland? hardly an achievment for celtic to be top of the league, i think everyone in britain outside of cletic and rangers want hearts and hibs to do well and challenge the sectarian tosspots for the championship

Himple

Post by Himple » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:08 am

yeah, come on Mowbray get the mighty Hibs up there :D

He wanted to play for Celtic for ages, so it was obvious he would eventually end up there.

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:32 am

riviera wrote:
Luke wrote:

Whos top the leauge...
whos always top of the league in scotland? hardly an achievment for celtic to be top of the league, i think everyone in britain outside of cletic and rangers want hearts and hibs to do well and challenge the sectarian tosspots for the championship
UP THE HOOPS! :lol:

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:48 pm

Luke wrote:
riviera wrote:
Luke wrote: Whos top the leauge...
u a QPR fan now??? :lol:

ur favourite fruit an orange luke? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:53 pm

riviera wrote:
Luke wrote:
riviera wrote: whos always top of the league in scotland? hardly an achievment for celtic to be top of the league, i think everyone in britain outside of cletic and rangers want hearts and hibs to do well and challenge the sectarian tosspots for the championship

BUILD A BONFIRE BUILD A BONFIRE PUT THE PROTESTANTS HUNS ON THE TOP! PUT MCGLEISH IN THE MIDDLE AND BURN THE FAWKING LOT! :lol:

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:55 pm

there was me thinking sectarianism had died out :lol:

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:57 pm

riviera wrote:there was me thinking sectarianism had died out :lol:
RANGERS SCUM! RANGERS SCUM! RANGERS SCUM! :wink: :lol:

TractorRob

Post by TractorRob » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:42 pm

Luke wrote:
riviera wrote:
Luke wrote: UP THE HOOPS! :lol:

BUILD A BONFIRE BUILD A BONFIRE PUT THE PROTESTANTS HUNS ON THE TOP! PUT MCGLEISH IN THE MIDDLE AND BURN THE FAWKING LOT! :lol:
Thats racist :wink:

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:52 pm

TractorRob88 wrote:
Luke wrote:
riviera wrote: u a QPR fan now??? :lol:

Ban me :wink:

TractorRob

Post by TractorRob » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:00 pm

Luke wrote:
TractorRob88 wrote:
Luke wrote: BUILD A BONFIRE BUILD A BONFIRE PUT THE PROTESTANTS HUNS ON THE TOP! PUT MCGLEISH IN THE MIDDLE AND BURN THE FAWKING LOT! :lol:
Ban me :wink:
As soon as i get me name in red, which will probably be never so your safe :lol: