Pie in the sky, but what if??.......POLL

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Paul30

Pie in the sky, but what if??.......POLL

Post by Paul30 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:07 am

Having read the above mentioned thread, do you think an ITFC Fans consortium would be worth forming in order to buy the club with revenue raised through a re-payable share system???
This would in theory not only raise enough to buy the club it would allow worthwhile investment in playing staff, clear some of the debts, etc but more importantly give a say to the fans in the clubs off pitch affairs.

Earl Blue

Re: Pie in the sky, but what if??.......POLL

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:11 am

CTCS wrote:Having read the above mentioned thread, do you think an ITFC Fans consortium would be worth forming in order to buy the club with revenue raised through a re-payable share system???
This would in theory not only raise enough to buy the club it would allow worthwhile investment in playing staff, clear some of the debts, etc but more importantly give a say to the fans in the clubs off pitch affairs.
I think Bluebird is perhaps qualified to answer this better than
I, as I know he has been to some of the previous meetings
at the Club.

Stand by your beds for Bluebirds reply

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:20 am

Please comment if you vote No! it will never work

Constructive critisim is a good thing

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:36 am

Sarcasm is not becoming Earl :lol:

Ok, here goes, I think it is easier to identify what is wrong, rather than potential solutions. I think Sheepy and Co are now effectively dead in the water as a board. They risked all they had on promotion last year, and the players and management blew it.

Sheepy & Co, have reorganised the debt, so as DB said earlier we need not concern ourselves with the £30million long term debt, merely the repayments. The biggest problem is that the current board cannot, or will not, provide sufficient working capital to mount a sustained promotion challange like we did over 3-4 seasons last time round.

I think Sheepy & Co, are effectively buggered now, because they will not attract money into the club while they remain at the helm, they are "damaged goods". Example, TB's .com resident multi-miilionaire Rossi, has made it crystal clear, that his hard earned money will remain in his (deep :wink: ) pockets, while Sheepy is in charge. This is why they will not risk a second share issue, because it would not in reality raise enough to make a material difference to the problem.

This effectively means that unless something exceptional happens on the pitch, I think this is Ipswich now, unless additional investment can be brought into the club. Looking forwards, it is likely to get worse, p*ss poor football, would lead to lower gates, less season tickets sales, and with falling revenue, we would have to cut costs, reducing player wage budgets etc,etc. Which would result in selling our youth players, and struggling to be able to pay the going rate for the Horlocks and Curries.

Therefore although I think the fans buyout thingy is a great idea, in reality you will not be able to unite everyone behind one banner. If it was Sheepy out, then some would join, but others would leave fearing the consequences of change.

I honestly cannot see a way out of this finacial pickle our beloved club is in, unless a russian billionaire, or similar "sugar daddy" investor can be found.

Happy Xmas :(

Fully

Post by Fully » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:40 pm

I'd be happy if we had someone who knew how to run a football club. And someone who could manage finances, and a person that had passion

toby

Post by toby » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:58 pm

Fully wrote:I'd be happy if we had someone who knew how to run a football club. And someone who could manage finances, and a person that had passion
I don't think we can afford one person's wages let alone three!

:wink: :lol:

Fully

Post by Fully » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:06 pm

toby wrote:
Fully wrote:I'd be happy if we had someone who knew how to run a football club. And someone who could manage finances, and a person that had passion
I don't think we can afford one person's wages let alone three!

:wink: :lol:
You know what i meant Toby :lol: .....i meant one person with all those qualities.... 8) dipstick :lol: :P :wink: