Polish hooligans

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Riviera

Polish hooligans

Post by Riviera » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:50 pm

forgot to mention this on friday night

did anyone hear the report on 5 live about the polish hooligans and the problems faced by the polish police??

worth a listen if u get a chance, its on "listen again" on the 5live website i think

basically they have the same problem we had 20 years ago, but more and more polish fans are fighting with knives, and around 8 people have been killed this season already i think it said

and to say they have a right wing front is an understatement, even the german police are sh*tting themselves about the world cup

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:11 pm

I HEARD ABOUT THE POLISH FANS :shock: :shock: :shock:

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:14 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/listen/audioarchive.shtml

theres a link on the right handside if anyones interested

monstermunch

Post by monstermunch » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:14 am

Yeah, if you think Italian fans are bad you need to find out about the Poles. Racisim, far right banners, stabbings etc etc. Not nice.

essexgirl

Post by essexgirl » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:32 am

Yeah only idiots sit amongst them with there England shirts on in Katowice!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:03 am

I listened to this last night.

Unbelievable..

Why give these scum airplay, bit like the old TV programme
they made 'F' troop look like heroes. 'Millwall F Troop that is'

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:33 pm

Yes I'm afraid the situation in Poland is just as bad as it sounds. They are a long way behind us.

Still no real cause for pride on our side since it was us who gave hools like those in Poland a role model for this kind of behaviour.

Worth noting that IMO just like in the UK it will take a significant general improvement in national standards of living (such as we achieved in the 80s & 90s) for this to change. Sure there were measures taken which ,must have helped a great deal - not least moving to all-seaters - but I reckon that probably more important was that a large number of people who were struggling had standard of living improvements that gave them a wider perspective on life and defused the intensity.

Well its a theory innnit ?

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:51 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:Yes I'm afraid the situation in Poland is just as bad as it sounds. They are a long way behind us.

Still no real cause for pride on our side since it was us who gave hools like those in Poland a role model for this kind of behaviour.

Worth noting that IMO just like in the UK it will take a significant general improvement in national standards of living (such as we achieved in the 80s & 90s) for this to change. Sure there were measures taken which ,must have helped a great deal - not least moving to all-seaters - but I reckon that probably more important was that a large number of people who were struggling had standard of living improvements that gave them a wider perspective on life and defused the intensity.

Well its a theory innnit ?
see where ur coming from DB, but ive followed the hooligan problems of many counties (because i was pissed off with england fans getting slated all the time) and i just cant see it all being down to standards of living, yes it does have a lot to do with it but i wouldnt say the fans in italy or holland are struggling with their standards of living as much as the poles

its certainly going to be a long hard struggle for the authorities in poland to try and stamp it out

tractor_girl1978

Post by tractor_girl1978 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:30 pm

Yeah but knowing our luck the German police will just blame it all on English, if the sightlist bit of trouble started. The Turks and the Poles are far worse then the English

monstermunch

Post by monstermunch » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:28 pm

And the Germans, the the Dutch, and the Italians, and the French...

And the Austrians and the Swiss...

Sort of shoots down the old "deprived countries" theory. What needs to be said is that our football is probably some of the safest in the world now. How often are people attacked at football here? Hardly ever. Are you taking your life into your hands when you go to away games? Not usually. How often do you see fireworks in the stands at an English game? Hardly ever. Do we have organised criminal gangs openly supporting our teams? No. How often do you hear monkey chants and open racism? Almost never.

All down to all seater stadiums, the encouragement of families, higher ticket prices, stricter policing and such. Now we may have lost something (that'll be the atmosphere) but at least I won't die next time I go away.

We're picked on because of our repuation and our past. As such our groups of the 80s are the inspiration for europe. Next time you're watching one of the Euro leagues or a CL game look out for banners in English (Lyon's BAD BOYS at the San Siro), variations of the union jack or St. George's cross (Lyon had one of those too) and references to bulldogs. They read or idiotic books, watch our idiotic films and want to copy us. Problem is, they don't realise that the world of the Football Factory has disappeard.
Last edited by monstermunch on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:21 am

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:26 am

Dazza wrote:Check out the Russians....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ns&pl=true

:shock: :shock: :shock:
blimey, its like watching football factory :lol: :lol: :lol:

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:37 am

Man that russian s**t is just f**ked up!!!

I think FIFA, UEFA and relevant FA's need to crack down on football related violence. Obviously the club cannot control what happens outside the ground, but until people can learn to behave in a "civil" manner then football should be banned.

If there are no clubs to support, then you will not get gang related football violence. If a certain country isn't allowed to compete on the world stage, then those fans will have no need to visit that particular country to cause problems.

At the end of the day football is there for the fans, you can argue that it is only a small minority which cause the problems, but hey that is life - the minority always spoil it for the majority. And if fans cannot act like grown-ups then they should be treated like nasty children and have their toys taken away.

On another note - England constantly come in for criticism, yet our national game is policed better than probably anywhere else in the world. Why aren't FIFA and UEFA ensuring all clubs are policed in the same fashion?? The governing bodies have alot to answer for and they have contributed more than anyone to the mess the worlds number sport is currently in!!