Oh dear ......

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:36 pm

Bluebird wrote:
Currie is a Hoddle , or Barnes type of player - he is not ever going to get in where it hurts - and I feel the coaching staff knew exactly what type of player Currie was before they went in for him.
Hallam, that is the funniest post i have ever read on this forum, thank you mate, i'm crying here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One "assist" and zero successful corners or free kicks in five matches, hardly puts him in that company. I think we need a reality check here, because Currie has not, and never will, contribute enough end product, to warrent being carried through 90 minutes by his team mates. I honestly don't expect him to turn into Roy Keane, but ffs there is no excuse for the lack of effort and bottle shown by this "professional" footballer!
I think the key word was Hoddle "type" of player - that dosent mean he is the same standard as Hoddle was - cos clearly he isnt ..but can you ever recall Hoddle getting in where it hurts ? Nah nor could I !