Burley to Charlton - Rumour

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Burley to Charlton - Rumour

Post by Guest » Wed May 03, 2006 3:33 am

Ok its only a rumour but - Southampton boss George Burley has been targeted by Charlton as a replacement for Alan Curbishley. (Daily Mirror)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Riviera

Re: Burley to Charlton - Rumour

Post by Riviera » Wed May 03, 2006 3:40 am

felixblue wrote:Ok its only a rumour but - Southampton boss George Burley has been targeted by Charlton as a replacement for Alan Curbishley. (Daily Mirror)

someone told me last night that Hoddle was the favourite for the charltown job, i said id rather they came in for joe royle :lol:

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Wed May 03, 2006 8:46 am

felixblue wrote:Ok its only a rumour but - Southampton boss George Burley has been targeted by Charlton as a replacement for Alan Curbishley. (Daily Mirror)

if George Burley became Charlton manager the only thing left for them to do would be to play in blue. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so thankyou very much Charlton. we really are that damn good. or at least we used to be.

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Wed May 03, 2006 12:43 pm

Riviera wrote:

someone told me last night that Hoddle was the favourite for the charltown job, i said id rather they came in for joe royle :lol:

hoddle had showdown talks with his board and is staying at wolves according to the radio today

superchef

Post by superchef » Wed May 03, 2006 3:56 pm

George Burley wouldnt go to Charlton, he is becoming a well respected Manager with the Saints fans. 8)

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Wed May 03, 2006 3:58 pm

superchef wrote:George Burley wouldnt go to Charlton, he is becoming a well respected Manager with the Saints fans. 8)
if the money is good enough he will be out of southampton like a shot

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Wed May 03, 2006 6:17 pm

itfc76trev wrote:
superchef wrote:George Burley wouldnt go to Charlton, he is becoming a well respected Manager with the Saints fans. 8)
if the money is good enough he will be out of southampton like a shot
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there... bet he would take Jamma too....he loves that guy :roll: