Terry Butcher to coach in Australia???

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ATB

Terry Butcher to coach in Australia???

Post by ATB » Sun May 07, 2006 3:49 am

Don't know if this has been posted before.. I doubt it..

Terry Butcher is holding talks with Sydney FC to become the manager as our old coach has left!

So with Mich D'Avray at Perth and the possibility of Terry Butcher at Sydney.. The A-League may soon have even more ties with the Town!

Come on ITFC.. lets have a friendly between Sydney and ITFC down under! :D

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Sun May 07, 2006 4:00 am

Going to Oz in the "Tractor-Boy's on tour Taxi" is pushing it a bit!!! mind you it will be a challenge!!

VictaLawnMower

Post by VictaLawnMower » Sun May 07, 2006 4:11 am

I was just about to post this actually... (guess you were watching The World Game too, eh ATB?)

ATB

Post by ATB » Sun May 07, 2006 5:25 am

VictaLawnMower wrote:I was just about to post this actually... (guess you were watching The World Game too, eh ATB?)
I was watching the world game.. but i must've missed that segment...

i read it on the Sydney FC website...

I can't wait for the season to kick off again! It's going to be great..

Has Melbourne signed anyone yet?
There is no doubt they'll have a better season next year...
There's a good chance Archie Thompson will be back too

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun May 07, 2006 7:27 am

According to todays papers hes being lined up as the next MILLWALL boss :( i think town will lose out if he does go anywhere now

VictaLawnMower

Post by VictaLawnMower » Sun May 07, 2006 8:20 am

ATB wrote:
VictaLawnMower wrote:I was just about to post this actually... (guess you were watching The World Game too, eh ATB?)
I was watching the world game.. but i must've missed that segment...

i read it on the Sydney FC website...

I can't wait for the season to kick off again! It's going to be great..

Has Melbourne signed anyone yet?
There is no doubt they'll have a better season next year...
There's a good chance Archie Thompson will be back too
Oh, I just saw it while I was watching Robbie Slater being a Sydney-centric prat during his segment on the show, heroically defending Frank Lowy's conflict of interest, having a good old fashioned dig at Pierre Litbarski (who I think is an okay bloke, despite coaching you lot :wink: ) etc etc.

From what I hear, Archie will be back (NOTE: Joe - loan this man next January!) and we have a young Brazilian on the way and were attempting to sign Danny Tiatto. I'm really looking forward to this season too, it turns out that my old man's company will be sponsors this year, meaning free tix for me. :D

ATB

Post by ATB » Sun May 07, 2006 8:27 am

I've met Robbie Slater a couple of times.. I've even had beers and talked football with him cos I was a coach and his junior coaching academy for a week when I was at uni.. it was just for kids under 10 during school holidays.. he seemed ok, but was a tad arrogant in the way he parked his porsche across 3 spaces in the parking lot!

Danny Tiatto is a good signing.. although along with Muscat your Melbourne will be turning into the Millwall of Australian football!! Next, you'll probably sign Denis Wise, Jody Morris and then Lee Bowyer! hehe

That's cool about getting free tickets.. but luckily it doesn't cost that much to go in anyway...

Have you seen the plans for Olympic Stadium in Melbourne? It is going to look pretty crazy when the building is finished
Last edited by ATB on Sun May 07, 2006 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ATB

Post by ATB » Sun May 07, 2006 8:29 am

Here's the stadium.. the company I work for is doing the structural design of it

http://www.mopt.com.au/pages/venues/Rec ... tadium.asp

VictaLawnMower

Post by VictaLawnMower » Sun May 07, 2006 8:34 am

Well the free tix are handy - more money for beer!

That stadium is gonna be awesome too, Olympic Park is a shocking place to watch anything besides athletics. You coming down for the Greece game or the Sydney game at the Dome this year?

ATB

Post by ATB » Sun May 07, 2006 8:44 am

VictaLawnMower wrote:Well the free tix are handy - more money for beer!

That stadium is gonna be awesome too, Olympic Park is a shocking place to watch anything besides athletics. You coming down for the Greece game or the Sydney game at the Dome this year?
No I will just be watching it on the screen at home... I will have work the next day and having just taken a months leave i won't be able to get much in the near future!

I take it you'll be going?

VictaLawnMower

Post by VictaLawnMower » Sun May 07, 2006 8:46 am

No, I wasn't even in the country when tickets went to on sale. So I'll be on the couch too. Should be quality though.

ATB

Post by ATB » Sun May 07, 2006 8:48 am

VictaLawnMower wrote:No, I wasn't even in the country when tickets went to on sale. So I'll be on the couch too. Should be quality though.
It'll be a good indicator of how we will go for the world cup..

we should beat them and beat them easily if we have much of a chance of progressing to the second round... I know they were Euro champions but they didn't show much form for the qualifiers...

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun May 07, 2006 10:09 am

Bugger going to Australlia! We could do with him here!

VictaLawnMower

Post by VictaLawnMower » Sun May 07, 2006 11:10 am

Luke wrote:Bugger going to Australlia! We could do with him here!
I second that!

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Mon May 08, 2006 12:57 am

ATB wrote:Here's the stadium.. the company I work for is doing the structural design of it

http://www.mopt.com.au/pages/venues/Rec ... tadium.asp
as long as its not Multiplex who have made a good old f*ck up on the new Wembley stadium. I'm sure it'll be a great stadium.