Stan Lazaridis

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ATB

Stan Lazaridis

Post by ATB » Wed May 10, 2006 10:05 pm

I know i'm an Aussie advocate, but i believe Lazaridis is out of contract now, and if we want another defender, why not give him a look...

A solid left sided international player going to the world cup..

thoughts

VictaLawnMower

Post by VictaLawnMower » Wed May 10, 2006 11:57 pm

Pass. Too old IMO.

ATB

Post by ATB » Thu May 11, 2006 1:27 am

VictaLawnMower wrote:Pass. Too old IMO.
Far out! He's 34 this year.. didn't realise how old he was..

yeah he is too old

VictaLawnMower

Post by VictaLawnMower » Thu May 11, 2006 5:26 am

Sorry ATB, that might have come across a bit blunt. You know that you and I are probably the some of the biggest advocates for getting Aussies into town shirts, but Lazaridis is just too old and I'd be surprised if when he comes home to play in the A-League he plays any more than a rotation role.

Just not what we should be looking for. Although I wouldn't put it past JR to sign a 33-34 year old... :roll:

ATB

Post by ATB » Thu May 11, 2006 6:28 am

VictaLawnMower wrote:Sorry ATB, that might have come across a bit blunt. You know that you and I are probably the some of the biggest advocates for getting Aussies into town shirts, but Lazaridis is just too old and I'd be surprised if when he comes home to play in the A-League he plays any more than a rotation role.

Just not what we should be looking for. Although I wouldn't put it past JR to sign a 33-34 year old... :roll:
Haha.. i wasn't actually being sarcastic.. i was genuinly surprised at how old he was when i looked it up.. and i agree with you :lol:

VictaLawnMower

Post by VictaLawnMower » Thu May 11, 2006 6:53 am

Nah, I was just short on time and didn't think I explained myself properly. Anyway, moving on... :lol:

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Thu May 11, 2006 7:06 am

You boys should do what i do.....I go an watch a game,no one in particular and always carry a note book and a video phone or cam corder,If a player gets my eye i send the info in via e-mail to the club,If it gets followed up and the player becomes a squad member,then you have done your part in supporting it.Town way back in the 70's and 80's had scouts a plenty all over the world.The current climate has caused a massive reduction in our official scouts,any tips are welcome im sure.