HOLY CRAP!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

James the Brains

HOLY CRAP!

Post by James the Brains » Thu May 11, 2006 1:48 pm

definately wasn't expecting that news today! I know it's not entirely unexpected but I'd still kind of thought it was probable he'd be around for another season. I was one of his supporters and I am a little disappointed, but then again a fresh start for us might be just what is needed. well I feel I need to have my tupance worth on the dearly departed, before the very exciting task of finding the new gaffa begins!

Now BFJ is gone, I think we should end the criticism because he has afterall now done what a lot of us (although not me) wanted and left the club. he did a good job here and earned our respect over the last few years. he did not receive a very friendly welcome in October 2002 from what I remember but he overcame that and built a very strong team that we all know was capable of achieving a lot more than it did. unfortunately things did not work out the way we wanted but he was a good manager none the less and I for one appluad the man for his efforts and also for providing us much entertainment over the last 3 and a half years. good luck Joe in your future endeavours.

cya later big man!

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Thu May 11, 2006 1:49 pm

goddamit just realised something! Joe Royle looks like George Bush! It's uncanny!

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:00 pm

I agree with you james ( not about the bush bit, but the rest. )
I was one of his upporeters too and i think he has done a good job here. We could easily have ended up in league 1, like forest but he has steadied the ship and put together 3 promotion chasing seasons. With the funds he has had it is a miracle.

But i also think it is a good time to part ways. I would have been happy to have royle here for another season, but it seems sensible to get a new manager in for all of pre season and to start going forwards again.