Fantastic or bad news...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

Fantastic or bad news...

Post by Dazza » Thu May 11, 2006 1:52 pm

Ok, we've got rid of JR, but lets face it, why do you think his gone? He has been waiting to see how much money we've got to spend this year and maybe the board have said we've got nothing and we'll have to sell someone (eg: Garvan).

Why would JR stick around if he heard that... he wouldnt...

I am a little concerned at whats ahead for Ipswich Town...

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Thu May 11, 2006 1:54 pm

FANTASTIC END OF

TractorBoys

Post by TractorBoys » Thu May 11, 2006 1:54 pm

Firstly, I would like to thank Joe for everything he has done but I think now was the time for him to go because we have a chance of a fresh start next season and I feel we need a new manager to bring life back into the team. Joe did a great job on a limited budget but we need someone else to take us that next step...

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu May 11, 2006 1:55 pm

Jonno wrote:FANTASTIC END OF
Joe's gone, dont care about that, its history.

But you're happy that we "maybe" selling our youngsters and we've got no cash? I'd love to hear why, please inform me... :wink:

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Thu May 11, 2006 1:56 pm

I think it's great news, we were going nowhere fast with him in charge!

It's true though we have no money, and we all know someone will be sold and it will happen every season while we're in the championship.
Last edited by Gaz on Thu May 11, 2006 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Himple

Post by Himple » Thu May 11, 2006 1:57 pm

Dazza wrote:

But you're happy that we "maybe" selling our youngsters and we've got no cash? I'd love to hear why, please inform me... :wink:
After he and sheepshanks were both pumping up promotion talk, i just have a horrible feeling that hes either:

1) found out theirs no budget
2) youngsters are about to be sold e.g. Garvan/Supple

Hope im wrong

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu May 11, 2006 1:58 pm

Himple_ITFC wrote:
Dazza wrote:

After he and sheepshanks were both pumping up promotion talk, i just have a horrible feeling that hes either:

1) found out theirs no budget
2) youngsters are about to be sold e.g. Garvan/Supple

Hope im wrong
This is it, I believe JR wasnt going to get any support so his said screw you!

I have a terrible feeling Garvan and maybe Supple are going and we still wont have any dosh :(

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Thu May 11, 2006 1:59 pm

Fantastic that hes gone, i dont think he was ever the right man for the job, I think the job was too much for him and he couldnt handle it, lets get some1 else in who can help get the youngsters thru and build a team with them

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu May 11, 2006 2:00 pm

No doubt we will find out in the near future if there is more to this story (would not surprise me that joe has been told he would have to sell another youngster) .
As for the long term imo it probably is best that the parting of the waves take place now as the only way Joe was going to be here after next season would have been if we had got promoted and looking at the division tbh that looks unlikely.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu May 11, 2006 2:01 pm

Jonno wrote:Fantastic that hes gone, i dont think he was ever the right man for the job, I think the job was too much for him and he couldnt handle it, lets get some1 else in who can help get the youngsters thru and build a team with them
Well I agree with you, it is good news that his gone. I have been saying we need a younger manager whos going to have a 3 or 4 year game plan, maybe we'll get that now, thats great.

But arent you worried why his left Jonno? After all that positive talk of next season?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu May 11, 2006 2:09 pm

Dazza wrote:
Jonno wrote:Fantastic that hes gone, i dont think he was ever the right man for the job, I think the job was too much for him and he couldnt handle it, lets get some1 else in who can help get the youngsters thru and build a team with them
Well I agree with you, it is good news that his gone. I have been saying we need a younger manager whos going to have a 3 or 4 year game plan, maybe we'll get that now, thats great.

But arent you worried why his left Jonno? After all that positive talk of next season?
Dazza
We get the positive spin every season when season tickets are due for renewals! :lol:

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Thu May 11, 2006 2:20 pm

i honestly dont care why he left, im just so glad he has gone, if there gonna sell a couple of youngsters then they will just have to sell them, end of the day we have still got a pretty good 1st team and a superb youth squad, HOPEFULLY the new manager will give these youngsters a proper chance, something which Joe never did

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu May 11, 2006 2:35 pm

There is no doubt that Sheepy really needs to make the right appointment now as the club has definately reached a crossroads.
Get it right and we can start our recovery. However, if he makes the wrong appointment then there is no telling where we might end up. This is one of the most important decisions in the history of ITFC imo.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu May 11, 2006 3:02 pm

Shed on tour wrote:There is no doubt that Sheepy really needs to make the right appointment now as the club has definately reached a crossroads.
Get it right and we can start our recovery. However, if he makes the wrong appointment then there is no telling where we might end up. This is one of the most important decisions in the history of ITFC imo.
Good point Shed..

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu May 11, 2006 3:03 pm

FAN f**king TASTIC NEWS!!!!

superchef

Post by superchef » Thu May 11, 2006 4:24 pm

I know we are all entitled to free speech, but i somehow get the feeling that Ipswich are going to go down hill fast. :cry: No money, gawd knows who next manager will be! Must be a mug once he realises that the players just want the money and cant play football.

kindofblue

Post by kindofblue » Fri May 12, 2006 3:24 am

superchef wrote: Must be a mug once he realises that the players just want the money and cant play football.
With respect, I think you're wrong about that. We have some decent players in their different ways who were being made to look worse than they are by playing for an old-fashioned manager with little tactical awareness, in a team that had no overall cohesion, shape or organisation, which has to be the fault of the manager and the coach.

I'm very pleased that he's gone- it was the right time, he wasn't the man to take us forward.

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Fri May 12, 2006 3:34 am

I'm in agreement with the people that are saying he was told there will be no budget and we will have to sell.

Next couple of weeks we all know that one of our youngsters will be leaving, Sheepshanks must think we're stupid.

But as far as him leaving goes, good news IMO, BFJ had gone stale and we need to be moving forward, something that just was'nt happening with Joe.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri May 12, 2006 3:35 am

kindofblue wrote:
superchef wrote: Must be a mug once he realises that the players just want the money and cant play football.
With respect, I think you're wrong about that. We have some decent players in their different ways who were being made to look worse than they are by playing for an old-fashioned manager with little tactical awareness, in a team that had no overall cohesion, shape or organisation, which has to be the fault of the manager and the coach.

I'm very pleased that he's gone- it was the right time, he wasn't the man to take us forward.
thats spot on

Munty

Post by Munty » Fri May 12, 2006 3:45 am

Fantastic news...... Joe was completely inept, didn't have a clue what to do with the youngsters... I think he totally lost the plot and wasn't up for the job, to be honest I don't think I have ever seen us play so consistently bad with players out of position and long ball tactics. Joe was found out at this level years ago, and lets face it the majority did not want him, me included...

Come on Sheephead do something right for the first time in years and apoint a decent manager....