Money situation

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

N1blue

Money situation

Post by N1blue » Thu May 11, 2006 2:38 pm

We're all worried that Joe's gone because he's been told there's no money and maybe that's true. But has anybody else heard any very recent rumours about the share issue? Earlier today (before all this blew up) I spoke to a usually well-informed source who told me there'd be an announcement next week, the Board were hoping to raise £1-2m and that all of it would be given to Joe for players. If the team didn't then show a sharp improvement, he said Joe would be gone ahead of the transfer window. Possibly the Board decided Joe wasn't the right man to spend any money rasied and that now was the right time to get somebody in. And/or Joe didn't like the idea of a sword hanging over him. At his age, he doesn't need that sort of pressure. So has anybody else heard any rumours?

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu May 11, 2006 2:43 pm

Certainly is an interesting look at the positive side of things.

But knowing the Ipswich Town board aswell as we do, they wouldnt be that clever would they? :lol:

Fully

Post by Fully » Thu May 11, 2006 2:45 pm

Would people invest with Royle in charge or someone else in charge.

Preferably, id like a manager who has good contacts within the football world, therefore able to persuade/attract a diversity of players.

Regards the money situation, i still think we are in deep sh*t, and if we did raise that kind of cash, only a third of that would be used to sign players.