An open,frank responce to BFJ's departure..

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

An open,frank responce to BFJ's departure..

Post by loudnproud » Thu May 11, 2006 5:17 pm

You came to this little old east anglian club to take over the reins of a wounded horse having just suffered religation and administration.Yet ,dispite having your hand forced in selling our best assets to survive,you still had the front to dare challenge for a play-off place with mediocore players.You transformed Darren Bent into a potential england international and bought a troubled striker by the name of Shefki into this club and installed belief into him.
With no money to speak of from our board,you enticed freebie players here to do a job,some let you and themselves down badly,yet still for the 2nd season you had the balls to reach the play-off spot again!

On occasions this past season,you have had to revert to playing "direct football",we still prefer to call it hoofball in the terraces.Your reasons being the youth of the squad and the severe injuries that we have had to cope with.even so,you still got a glimmer of a play-off spot.

Their are some who had no faith in your tatics or indeed the strange calls you have made(playing one up front at home :x )being an example.the boo boys were wanting you out,yet were comming up with no realistic answers as for a replacement. Well now they have their wish.Their "potatoe-head" has left on agreeable terms.....

I'm sorry to put a downer on things people but this sucks!!! agreeable terms my arse!
It is known that Joe was having surgery to his knees,also it is said that his nearest and dearest is none too well to.If Joe is calling it a day because of ill health,then why not just say so?
This was BFJ's last season under contract,all indications were positive that he was reshaping for next season,He knew what he wanted,He knew the positions that had to be filled,He knew the players that he wanted to fill them too.This week he has a meeting with DS,who has just returned from his jaunt down under,to disscuss a budget for transfers. I believe that our board have told him "zero again i'm afraid Joe" You will have to make do!
Enough is enough....He is Joe Royle not Jesus bloody christ! Joe's answer is that he is not going to be made the scape-goat for another non exsistant season......I'm out of here....

So what have we now got to look forward to? Yep a new man in charge,I'll grant you that. This new manager will still have no available funds thats for sure! DS has sold this club short again people,If he loves this club as much as he claims,then why does he not blow a few hundred thou onto management? Yes we all know he wants out one way or the other.I refer to an example from our yellow neighbours up the A140. In their championship winning year a certain TV cook took it upon herself to fund the arrival of a certain Hucklebury who made the difference and helped secure their promotion. Its all fine and dandy asking us loyal supporters to dig deeper and deeper into our pockets to fund another share issue.
I say this simply to all to hear...Under our present financial restraints,BFJ was the right man for the job. why? Lets assume that Mogga takes over the helm.. It is said that Timm at Man Utd and town are linked..
mogga to Sir Alex: "Sir Alex? It's Tony Mowbrey at Ipswich Town"
Sir Alex:"who?"!!
You can see where this is going....Big players within the game Knew of Joe Royle,he is a well respected name within the game,whilst with us he never had any serious money to dangle in front of other managers to entice them to allow their potential youth to learn their trade with us.He was forced to grab hold of donkeys and rely on our own home grown youth. In my opinion,the board has failed BFJ.It is the board who has failed us the supporters.It is the board who has failed this club they confess to having a fondness for. I simply say to the board on behalf of many of us disgruntled supporters....Put up or shut up.

Reetpetite

Re: An open,frank responce to BFJ's departure..

Post by Reetpetite » Thu May 11, 2006 6:58 pm

loudnproud wrote:You came to this little old east anglian club to take over the reins of a wounded horse having just suffered religation and administration.Yet ,dispite having your hand forced in selling our best assets to survive,you still had the front to dare challenge for a play-off place with mediocore players.You transformed Darren Bent into a potential england international and bought a troubled striker by the name of Shefki into this club and installed belief into him.
With no money to speak of from our board,you enticed freebie players here to do a job,some let you and themselves down badly,yet still for the 2nd season you had the balls to reach the play-off spot again!

On occasions this past season,you have had to revert to playing "direct football",we still prefer to call it hoofball in the terraces.Your reasons being the youth of the squad and the severe injuries that we have had to cope with.even so,you still got a glimmer of a play-off spot.

Their are some who had no faith in your tatics or indeed the strange calls you have made(playing one up front at home :x )being an example.the boo boys were wanting you out,yet were comming up with no realistic answers as for a replacement. Well now they have their wish.Their "potatoe-head" has left on agreeable terms.....

I'm sorry to put a downer on things people but this sucks!!! agreeable terms my arse!
It is known that Joe was having surgery to his knees,also it is said that his nearest and dearest is none too well to.If Joe is calling it a day because of ill health,then why not just say so?
This was BFJ's last season under contract,all indications were positive that he was reshaping for next season,He knew what he wanted,He knew the positions that had to be filled,He knew the players that he wanted to fill them too.This week he has a meeting with DS,who has just returned from his jaunt down under,to disscuss a budget for transfers. I believe that our board have told him "zero again i'm afraid Joe" You will have to make do!
Enough is enough....He is Joe Royle not Jesus bloody christ! Joe's answer is that he is not going to be made the scape-goat for another non exsistant season......I'm out of here....

So what have we now got to look forward to? Yep a new man in charge,I'll grant you that. This new manager will still have no available funds thats for sure! DS has sold this club short again people,If he loves this club as much as he claims,then why does he not blow a few hundred thou onto management? Yes we all know he wants out one way or the other.I refer to an example from our yellow neighbours up the A140. In their championship winning year a certain TV cook took it upon herself to fund the arrival of a certain Hucklebury who made the difference and helped secure their promotion. Its all fine and dandy asking us loyal supporters to dig deeper and deeper into our pockets to fund another share issue.
I say this simply to all to hear...Under our present financial restraints,BFJ was the right man for the job. why? Lets assume that Mogga takes over the helm.. It is said that Timm at Man Utd and town are linked..
mogga to Sir Alex: "Sir Alex? It's Tony Mowbrey at Ipswich Town"
Sir Alex:"who?"!!
You can see where this is going....Big players within the game Knew of Joe Royle,he is a well respected name within the game,whilst with us he never had any serious money to dangle in front of other managers to entice them to allow their potential youth to learn their trade with us.He was forced to grab hold of donkeys and rely on our own home grown youth. In my opinion,the board has failed BFJ.It is the board who has failed us the supporters.It is the board who has failed this club they confess to having a fondness for. I simply say to the board on behalf of many of us disgruntled supporters....Put up or shut up.
I think you've got it spot on loudnproud. I was appalled to hear of Joe Royle's departure from Portman Road. What sickens me most is the fact that sheepshanks is trying to convince all of us that it's an amicable decision.He must thinkwe're a load of pratts if we're going to believe that!!!! That's a load of boll****. as Joe had only got one more year left on his contract and was full of enthusiasm for next season. So what changed? Either Sheepshanks has told Joe there's no money to bring in reinforcements or the rumours which are circulating at the moment that Sheepshanks has agreed to sell Owen Garvan to West Ham for 2 million pound are correct and Joe has decided that enough's enough and therefore decided to walk. Either way Sheepshanks has let us all down yet again! Well done Sheepshanks - you're a real nasty person

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Fri May 12, 2006 5:10 am

LOL - I am glad to see the back of royle but finally the fans of this club are starting to see where the real problem lays!!!

And by the way he only insists on being addressed as Mr Chairman!!

Sorry Sheephead LOL 8)