Butcher

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

twinpeakes

Butcher

Post by twinpeakes » Tue May 16, 2006 8:42 am

Motherwell boss Terry Butcher is close to completing a deal to take over as coach of A-league side Sydney FC.
Butcher told BBC Sport: "Something will hopefully be sorted out soon but it is all very positive at the moment.

"We are still in the process of discussing things and talking things over but it is looking good.

"We have had lots of talks but it is a new start for everyone and they want to get things right. I have been very impressed with what I have seen."

Butcher has been in Sydney since Thursday and admitted he has "undergone more interviews than a head of state".

He added: "I have been hugely impressed by the club and their ambitions for the future - and let's be honest, aside from anything else, it is a wonderful opportunity for me and my family and is just too big to turn down."

On Friday, Sydney chief executive Tim Parker said he was happy with the way discussions were progressing.

"We have been impressed by his knowledge of Australian football and the Sydney FC team and the players," he added.

Butcher, who has two years to run on his contract at Fir Park, has been assured he will be welcomed back at Motherwell if he fails to strike a deal in Sydney.