Blades chasing Jimmy Juan

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Earl Blue

Blades chasing Jimmy Juan

Post by Earl Blue » Wed May 17, 2006 12:41 am

From an unofficial Blades site..

Sheffield United are being linked to former Ipswich Town Midfielder Jimmy Juan who applies his trade at French First Division side Monaco.

Juan, 22 played 25 times (+ 11 as sub) and scored five goals for Ipswich Town during a loan spell in the 2005-06 Championship season, scoring against the Blades at Portman Road with that spectacular free-kick before Danny Webber drew level.

It is believed that a sum of £500,000 will be offered for the French born midfielder and this would be enough to take Juan to Bramall Lane.

Riviera

Re: Blades chasing Jimmy Juan

Post by Riviera » Wed May 17, 2006 1:05 am

Earl Blue wrote:From an unofficial Blades site..

Sheffield United are being linked to former Ipswich Town Midfielder Jimmy Juan who applies his trade at French First Division side Monaco.

Juan, 22 played 25 times (+ 11 as sub) and scored five goals for Ipswich Town during a loan spell in the 2005-06 Championship season, scoring against the Blades at Portman Road with that spectacular free-kick before Danny Webber drew level.

It is believed that a sum of £500,000 will be offered for the French born midfielder and this would be enough to take Juan to Bramall Lane.
Juan at Sheff Utd has to be the ultimate kick in the knackers :?

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Wed May 17, 2006 1:14 am

Juan at Sheff Utd has to be the ultimate kick in the knackers :?[/quote]

Hmmm maybe they like Royle dont think he's ready at this level yet!!??? WTF!!?? This is a bit gutting - I can understand the "we don't have the money one" and I dont think he's worth 500,000....to us now anyway, but it does seem odd that we don't think he's good enough and Sheff Utd might (for the Prem) they're hardly in the position to go making longterm buys - short term survival seems more apt - and no doubt caring clubs like Town, Derby and Leicester have shown them what not to do with our financial meltdowns, so they wont be making rash purchases - those the make have to count - like Juan????? :?

PUNCH

Post by PUNCH » Wed May 17, 2006 2:54 am

For me Jimmy was Number Juan but, quite frankly, he ain't a premiership player. Sheffield Utd are gonna do a Sunderland (no doubt)

Ha Ha Ha Ha

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Wed May 17, 2006 2:56 am

PUNCH wrote:For me Jimmy was Number Juan but, quite frankly, he ain't a premiership player. Sheffield Utd are gonna do a Sunderland (no doubt)

Ha Ha Ha Ha
what a shame that would be :lol: :lol: :lol:

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Wed May 17, 2006 3:33 am

Juan was indeed a fair player,even by our standards,It was not a case of Town not wanting him,It was a case of where on earth was town going to find the transfer fee? Monoco and town both placed different valuations on Juan.Sheff Utd have prem cash to spend and gobby warnock will purchase what he can with it.We need to install a manager quickly or risk loosing potential players who may wish to play for us,then again what player will want to come to a club until their manager has been decided? In my opinion,Juan can cut it in the prem,though Sheff Utd may only be a stepping stone for Juan as a maens of getting noticed for bigger and better things.I wish him well....

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:50 am

I never really rated Juan that much, he didnt stand out in our average midfield and at times looked clumbsy. He did however take a few cracking free kicks and aint bad with his head, that said he's going to have to improve vastly if he's to play in the premiership..

Good luck to him though!

azbedwell

Post by azbedwell » Wed May 17, 2006 8:00 am

Mayby Warcock thinks he can get more out of Juan than Royal did. I mean who would have thought Royal would have done with Kuqi what he did? Perhaps Warnock (ooops is that the typo in his name first time round?) see something in Juan that he believes he can work with.

Of course he could be worng and Juan is just a Championship player who will help Sheff U come straight back down.

Guess we will wil wait and see.

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:53 am

Gotta agree he is ok for Championship Standard but he wouldnt cut it in the Premiership, another Sunderland in the making lol.

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Wed May 17, 2006 9:50 am

i'm sure that playing in the Premiership, is infinately better then playing against us in the Championship.

good luck to him. if he thinks he could cut it there.

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Wed May 17, 2006 10:21 am

vaalae wrote:
Riviera wrote:Juan at Sheff Utd has to be the ultimate kick in the knackers :?

Hmmm maybe they like Royle dont think he's ready at this level yet!!??? WTF!!?? This is a bit gutting - I can understand the "we don't have the money one" and I dont think he's worth 500,000....to us now anyway, but it does seem odd that we don't think he's good enough and Sheff Utd might (for the Prem) they're hardly in the position to go making longterm buys - short term survival seems more apt - and no doubt caring clubs like Town, Derby and Leicester have shown them what not to do with our financial meltdowns, so they wont be making rash purchases - those the make have to count - like Juan????? :?

Wasnt Gaardsoe not good enough for us when he was sold to a premierteam. Hes doing well in the prem. Its just another thing managers say instead of saying " we have no money." Putting a positive spin on things so people renew season tickets.

Susie

Re: reply

Post by Susie » Wed May 17, 2006 11:36 am

G'daddy wrote:i'm sure that playing in the Premiership, is infinately better then playing against us in the Championship.

good luck to him. if he thinks he could cut it there.
I agree G'daddy. Shame we couldn't keep him but I can only wish him luck wherever he ends up.

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Wed May 17, 2006 7:00 pm

Wasnt Gaardsoe not good enough for us when he was sold to a premierteam. Hes doing well in the prem. Its just another thing managers say instead of saying " we have no money." Putting a positive spin on things so people renew season tickets.[/quote]

Yeah thats the one...there was so much competition from Santos and Diallo that Joe couldnt guarantee Gaardsoe a place in the team....thats just about it verbatim :shock: :shock: