Mogga Permission Granted

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

Mogga Permission Granted

Post by Dazza » Thu May 18, 2006 12:41 pm

Hibernian are reported to have agreed to allow the Blues to speak to Tony Mowbray regarding the Town manager's job. The Blues requested permission to talk their former skipper and coach earlier today.

Although this puts Mowbray firmly in the driving seat to replace Joe Royle, Town are likely to make similar requests regarding other managers still in contract and conduct interviews with some of the 40 applicants for the job.

Fellow Championship side Hull City are reportedly interested in Mowbray taking over from the departing Peter Taylor at the KC Stadium, while the former Celtic man has been strongly linked with a return to Middlesbrough where he is considered a legend after his spell there in the 1980s.

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Thu May 18, 2006 12:49 pm

I certainly hope that is as far as it goes.not to interested in him.we need to get promoted and I don't think he is the man.

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Thu May 18, 2006 12:57 pm

Best news i've heard all season! I think he's exactly what we need, a manager with something to prove, who's hungry for success and is eager to impress. Mogga has proved at Hibs he can build a team of youngsters with the right blend of experienced players. He knows the club, the staff and some of the players so the transition shouldn't be too bad.

The quicker we appoint someone the better, i do feel we are missing out on any deals on the transfer market and with sheepy saying that he's in no rush and is happy to wait till the players return for pre season, in my eyes thats too late!!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu May 18, 2006 1:30 pm

GavITFC wrote:Best news i've heard all season! I think he's exactly what we need, a manager with something to prove, who's hungry for success and is eager to impress. Mogga has proved at Hibs he can build a team of youngsters with the right blend of experienced players. He knows the club, the staff and some of the players so the transition shouldn't be too bad.

The quicker we appoint someone the better, i do feel we are missing out on any deals on the transfer market and with sheepy saying that he's in no rush and is happy to wait till the players return for pre season, in my eyes thats too late!!
completely agree, we 'could' be missing out on some real bargins

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 18, 2006 2:08 pm

Riviera wrote:
GavITFC wrote:Best news i've heard all season! I think he's exactly what we need, a manager with something to prove, who's hungry for success and is eager to impress. Mogga has proved at Hibs he can build a team of youngsters with the right blend of experienced players. He knows the club, the staff and some of the players so the transition shouldn't be too bad.

completely agree, we 'could' be missing out on some real bargins
Have to agree with you all on this ....it concerns me that Town will fart arse around tto long in getting their man in ..and we will (as usual :roll: )...miss the boat in getting some decent players in on Bosmans !!

on the sibject of manager Im really not sure who would be the best man for the job though....we may be limited to what we "can afford" - which may mean we will not nessecarily get he "best man" for the job.

Mogga is most people's fav...but he's been stuck in the Scottish league (not sure how much relevent experience this will be for getting us promoted out of the Fizzy league ) ...then ther's Parkinson...done a great job for Col Utd..and will be used to working on minimal funds..but again has had little experience of the Fizzy league.

Curbs is my personal fav ...but probably way out of our financial league !...on the topic of "compensation" ...why would we have to pay Col U any ...since Parkinson has yet to sign a new deal with them (is this right ?) ...and why would we even need their permissionto speak to him ?

itfcabingdon

Post by itfcabingdon » Thu May 18, 2006 4:39 pm

Totally agree, wonder how much we'll have to pay hibs though?

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Thu May 18, 2006 4:43 pm

[Curbs is my personal fav ...but probably way out of our financial league !...on the topic of "compensation" ...why would we have to pay Col U any ...since Parkinson has yet to sign a new deal with them (is this right ?) ...and why would we even need their permissionto speak to him ?[/quote]

Yeah can someone confirm on this point please as Ive heard he's out of contract too

Number 9

Post by Number 9 » Thu May 18, 2006 7:44 pm

Well I'll be completely satisfied if we get Mogga, considering our realistics options. The only question I have, is if he's good enough for us now...why wasn't he 3 and a half years ago???

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu May 18, 2006 11:28 pm

Number 9 wrote:Well I'll be completely satisfied if we get Mogga, considering our realistics options. The only question I have, is if he's good enough for us now...why wasn't he 3 and a half years ago???

Because he never had the 3 1.2 years experience he has now got??

:wink: