jim magilton

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Moped Phil

jim magilton

Post by Moped Phil » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:26 am

i've got nothoig agaist jim.but at the end of the season.he said he wants too go back up north too be with his family.now he wants the town job.how things change. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:41 am

Am I the only one who doesnt want Jim to get the job?? I think he's been a great servant to town and has done a great job but this doesnt make him a good coach, there is so much more to managing than havin played the game. The same goes for Klug as he doesnt have a record with a senior squad to back up his credentials. I also have reservations with joint coaching teams, they inevitably have differing views and that can only cause problems imo, I cant think of a scenario where this type of setup has succeeded. However the main problem I can see with the appointment of a guy that only a few weeks ago was one of the boys, will be putting friendships on the back burner when difficult decisions need to be made, like dropping players from the squad as just one example.

Mork

Post by Mork » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:48 am

CTCS wrote:Am I the only one who doesnt want Jim to get the job?? I think he's been a great servant to town and has done a great job but this doesnt make him a good coach, there is so much more to managing than havin played the game. The same goes for Klug as he doesnt have a record with a senior squad to back up his credentials. I also have reservations with joint coaching teams, they inevitably have differing views and that can only cause problems imo, I cant think of a scenario where this type of setup has succeeded. However the main problem I can see with the appointment of a guy that only a few weeks ago was one of the boys, will be putting friendships on the back burner when difficult decisions need to be made, like dropping players from the squad as just one example.
I don't think anybody wants him to get the job - it has disaster written all over it.

Drunken Munky

Post by Drunken Munky » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:51 am

I want him to get the job

PUNCH

Post by PUNCH » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:00 am

I'm not anti-Magilton and in the light of other candidates think he could be the best of a very bad bunch.

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:02 am

Drunken Munky wrote:I want him to get the job

Please give us some reasons Mr Munky, it will be interesting to hear your your thoughts on Magic's possible appointment.

Drunken Munky

Post by Drunken Munky » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:06 am

we cant get anyone else thats why :lol:

Mork

Post by Mork » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:08 am

Drunken Munky wrote:we cant get anyone else thats why :lol:
Good reasoning, I like it.

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:12 am

A number of decent coaches didnt make the shortlist after the first round of interviews, so even Sheepshanks cant have left himself with such limited options....

Can he???? :roll:

TractorBoys

Post by TractorBoys » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:54 am

I want Jim to get it. He's well respected by the players, loud and passionate enough and is keen to get into management. It would be a gamble, but out of the other 'candidates' that are likely to be in the running he is the one man with the passion and drive to get the best out of the players.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:06 am

TractorBoys wrote:I want Jim to get it. He's well respected by the players, loud and passionate enough and is keen to get into management. It would be a gamble, but out of the other 'candidates' that are likely to be in the running he is the one man with the passion and drive to get the best out of the players.
I agree with you about his passion for the club - but do you think that will be enough ?....Im really concerned that it will not and it will down to Sheepy's "judgement" yet again!..thats not an anti Sheepy comment ...it will be a FACT !

Ipswich Loyal

Post by Ipswich Loyal » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:15 am

I don't think Jim is the best man for the job. Although, if he did get the job, I would be right behind him.

BIG FAT JIMS, BARMY ARMY

ippers

Post by ippers » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:32 am

What a joke, can any of you seriously say you would rather have Jim Magilton and Kluggy than say Billy Davies? Shows this clubs standing has gone right down the pan and I wont be at all surprised if e wound up in league 1 even a league 1 club i more attractive than us, so IF we get Jim we will have another fantastic season of Matt Richards, Richard Naylor etc :roll:

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:42 am

ippers wrote:What a joke, can any of you seriously say you would rather have Jim Magilton and Kluggy than say Billy Davies? Shows this clubs standing has gone right down the pan and I wont be at all surprised if e wound up in league 1 even a league 1 club i more attractive than us, so IF we get Jim we will have another fantastic season of Matt Richards, Richard Naylor etc :roll:

spot on but without a pot to p#"s in thats the caliber of potential managers we will attract.

Number 9

Post by Number 9 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:28 am

Well, I'm not sure I agree that Magilton's appointment as Coach/Manager would lead to our demise. Let's face it, I think the main reason it's taking so long to select a new manager is quite simply, money. Once Sheepshanks explains to the candidates that he will have absolutely no money to bring in new players, it scares them off. With that said, I can't think of a better replacement than Jim, considering the Town's current and ongoing financial situation. He will have the best knowledge of which young players are capable of stepping up to the first team, and he will have the knowledge to continue the development of team as a whole. Magilton obviously understands tactics, just look at his ability to pass the ball and create attacks. I'm bit concerned about his defensive capabilities as a coach, especially when you look at our ragged defence. Hopefully, if he is appointed there will be help in the wings in that regard. Well enough said for now, let's wait til Monday to find out.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:55 am

ippers wrote:What a joke, can any of you seriously say you would rather have Jim Magilton and Kluggy than say Billy Davies? Shows this clubs standing has gone right down the pan and I wont be at all surprised if e wound up in league 1 even a league 1 club i more attractive than us, so IF we get Jim we will have another fantastic season of Matt Richards, Richard Naylor etc :roll:
I seriously suspect it is because Jim / Klug ware willing to work under the ridiculious financial restraints (which Joe wasnt)..and that all the other candidates were not either !

IF appointed Jim /Klug will be there almost by default !

BUT it could be an absoulte master stroke or the icing on the cake in Sheepy's latest comedy of errors ! :roll: