Just got back from the EGM

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

1978greats

Just got back from the EGM

Post by 1978greats » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:58 am

Iv just this minute got back...the meeting was obviously over shadowed by a very emotional Jim who was clearly over joyed and moved at the reception he got from the shareholders....

After Sheepy formally announced him, he made a really good speach out laying his belief and passion for the club....he has a two year plan...DeVos is to be captain...Donachie is leaving ...and Jim will still play in some of the reserve games....

I know there are doubters on here and elsewhere....Im not going to argue with you....you had to be there....the belief is there, the passion is there....every new manager has to start somewhere, Jim is starting at the club he LOVES...theres no better place to start IMO.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:04 am

heard it on the radio ...and I laughed when Jim came in a sat down on a chair , obviously too small for him...and he ntroduced himself to the press as ..."hello Id just like to introduce myself , Im Frodo Baggins " :lol:

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:06 am

Can you shed anymore light on the £1.7m to be raised from the shares, any idea how much of it will be available for Jim to spend?

Fully

Post by Fully » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:09 am

CTCS wrote:Can you shed anymore light on the £1.7m to be raised from the shares, any idea how much of it will be available for Jim to spend?
From what i gather, the amount of shares available for the share issue, can reach a maximum of 1.7m or something along those lines.

Obviously, i doubt all of them will get sold, so i am anticipating a lot less.

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:23 am

CTCS wrote:Can you shed anymore light on the £1.7m to be raised from the shares, any idea how much of it will be available for Jim to spend?
The EGM was for the shareholders to vote for a new share issue.... and any money raised will be given to Jim to spend.....the maxium raised can only be £1.7M due to legal reason so thats the maxium he will have to spend.

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:26 am

1978greats wrote:
The EGM was for the shareholders to vote for a new share issue.... and any money raised will be given to Jim to spend.....the maxium raised can only be £1.7M due to legal reason so thats the maxium he will have to spend.
Thanks, thats what I thought but recieved some flack for sugesting that we could have that amount to spend.

Aluren

Post by Aluren » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:27 am

Presuming he doesn't sell anyone and we don't get a sell on clause from Bent (which is quite likely to happen) it is the most he will have. If Bent sells for £12m as previously reported it could well be £2.5-3m

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:31 am

CTCS wrote:
1978greats wrote:
Thanks, thats what I thought but recieved some flack for sugesting that we could have that amount to spend.
No...
You recieved some flack beacuse you said we WOULD be giving Jim 1.7million. :roll:

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:51 am

Luke wrote:
CTCS wrote:
1978greats wrote: The EGM was for the shareholders to vote for a new share issue.... and any money raised will be given to Jim to spend.....the maxium raised can only be £1.7M due to legal reason so thats the maxium he will have to spend.
No...
You recieved some flack beacuse you said we WOULD be giving Jim 1.7million. :roll:

Did I??

Just heard another snippet or two:

Devos to be next seasons skipper

Board to provide Jim with transfer funds

£1.7 million pounds is the figure expected to be available for transfers

Luke, I was simply translaying what I heard on the radio so FFS cheer up..

You must have had a tenner on Mick McCarthy to get the job :wink:
Last edited by Paul30 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:56 am

CTCS wrote:
Luke wrote:
CTCS wrote: Thanks, thats what I thought but recieved some flack for sugesting that we could have that amount to spend.
No...

Did I??

Just heard another snippet or two:

Devos to be next seasons skipper

Board to provide Jim with transfer funds

£1.7 million pounds is the figure expected to be available for transfers

Luke, I was simply translaying what I heard on the radio so FFS cheer up
Shuddupayafess.

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:58 am

Shuddupayafess.
Grow up!!

Reetpetite

Re: Just got back from the EGM

Post by Reetpetite » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:01 am

1978greats wrote:Iv just this minute got back...the meeting was obviously over shadowed by a very emotional Jim who was clearly over joyed and moved at the reception he got from the shareholders....

After Sheepy formally announced him, he made a really good speach out laying his belief and passion for the club....he has a two year plan...DeVos is to be captain...Donachie is leaving ...and Jim will still play in some of the reserve games....

I know there are doubters on here and elsewhere....Im not going to argue with you....you had to be there....the belief is there, the passion is there....every new manager has to start somewhere, Jim is starting at the club he LOVES...theres no better place to start IMO.
Absolutely spot on. I felt very emotional listening to it on the radio. I thinjk it's absolutely brilliant! Can't wait for the new season to start.......

1978greats

Re: Just got back from the EGM

Post by 1978greats » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:18 am

Reetpetite wrote:
1978greats wrote:Iv just this minute got back...the meeting was obviously over shadowed by a very emotional Jim who was clearly over joyed and moved at the reception he got from the shareholders....

Absolutely spot on. I felt very emotional listening to it on the radio. I thinjk it's absolutely brilliant! Can't wait for the new season to start.......
Portman Road was buzzing !!! The EGM was held in the Gallaria and that was Jim's first task as manager to attend the shareholders meeting...you can just imagine the reception he got as he walked into the room !!! He had just come from the press conference and was clearly overcome with emotion !!!

Like you Im now really excited about the coming season :D

Susie

Post by Susie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:20 am

CTCS wrote:
Shuddupayafess.
Grow up!!

Have to agree with that. Please "children" don't ruin a good thread.

Thanks for your report Nicky, wish I could have been there. I am 100% behind Jim and I know he will do well for the club he loves.

By the way, I love the new avatars everyone. :D :lol:

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:42 am

Blue Susie wrote:
CTCS wrote:
Shuddupayafess.
Grow up!!

Have to agree with that. Please "children" don't ruin a good thread.

Thanks for your report Nicky, wish I could have been there. I am 100% behind Jim and I know he will do well for the club he loves.

By the way, I love the new avatars everyone. :D :lol:
There wasnt a lot of official buiness to report really...we just voted unanimously for a new share issue....as I said it was totally over shadowed by Jim and so it should of been :D ....poor Klug couldnt get a word in as you can imagine :lol: .... By the way people Bryan Klug is in the top 80 coaches in the country..FACT...he is only one of the 80 people that has one of the highest coaching badges you can have 8) .....he knows his stuff !!

Yes Iv changed my avatar in honour of SIR JIM too :wink: ...(with a bit of help :oops: )

Aluren

Post by Aluren » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:01 am

Yeah I think my generic 'We Hate Scum' was kinda outdated! Roll on 06/07!

The Gaffer

Post by The Gaffer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:30 pm

hallamblue wrote:heard it on the radio ...and I laughed when Jim came in a sat down on a chair , obviously too small for him...and he ntroduced himself to the press as ..."hello Id just like to introduce myself , Im Frodo Baggins " :lol:

LOLOLOL did he really say that??! absulute ledgend!!! cant wait to hear his after match interviews then? could be a laugh lol