MK Dons friendly off

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

1978greats

MK Dons friendly off

Post by 1978greats » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:37 am

Town have cancelled their controversial pre-season friendly against MK Dons. Fans had called on the Blues to cancel the planned game against the franchise club.

New boss Jim Magilton says that the game, set for July 12th, isn't in line with his pre-season schedule: "I have my own ideas about the tempo of our pre-season and want to mix it up a bit.

"Unfortunately the match doesn't fit in with the plans Bryan Klug and myself are drawing up for the start of the season."

A good thing IMO

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:28 am

I agree with Jimmy, I never did like pointless friendlies, if you're going to play one, play against worthy opposition at least.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:32 am

Anglo-Saxon wrote:I agree with Jimmy, I never did like pointless friendlies, if you're going to play one, play against worthy opposition at least.
I agree also.. Pre season training should be playing against worthy opponents who will giv us a game. Theres nothing great about seeing the
Town win 4 - 0 or something against lower league teams..

As much as I support Lower League we need to be playing against teams
that we will be competeting against or better.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:55 am

Without wanting to split hairs unnecessarily EB, there is an arguament that says that just before the season starts you need your goalscorers to be full of confidence because they have already found the net.

A 6 - 0 thrashing might be just the tonic needed...... but perhaps against less controversial opponents :wink:

This and the other one were interesting threads and whether it is right or wrong to drop the MK friendly, I like what Jim has done. He's just said, 2 days into the job, we're not playing them. Its a good start to let everyone know that he intends to be strong and positive.