Jim: I'm lovin' it

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Paul30

Jim: I'm lovin' it

Post by Paul30 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:18 pm

Jim Magilton admits his first week in charge of Town has been an eye-opener but he has enjoyed every minute of it.

Speaking to the Club website, Jim said: "The hours are certainly different from when I was a player, that's for sure. I'm still in the office at 6.00pm at nights and I'm wearing suits as well!

"Seriously though, it's been hectic but absolutely brilliant and the reaction I have had from the staff at the Club and the fans in particular has been tremendous.

"I went into the EGM on Monday and got a great ovation from the supporters there and that meant so much to me and it's been the same wherever I have gone this week. There seems to be a real buzz about the place and I want to keep that going. I want to tap into it and get everyone pulling in the right direction.

"Bryan (Klug) and I have got our ideas formulated for pre-season and we'll be sitting down with the players from the first day back and outlining what we expect from each and everyone of them. It will make them sit up and take notice, I can promise them that.

"I'm in the process of speaking to all the backroom staff as well and they'll know exactly what we expect from them. The reaction I've had so far is just what I wanted to hear, real enthusiasm for the future.

"If anyone here didn't know what this job and this football club means to Bryan and me, they certainly do now."

Jim also confirmed that he is close to finalising his backroom staff, adding: "We're getting there but there are still details to be sorted out before we can run with it.