The Jim,Bryan and DS show...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

The Jim,Bryan and DS show...

Post by loudnproud » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:23 am

The casual chat/phone in from these boys last nite on BBC Radio Suffolk was positive stuff. It would appear that reading between the lines,that we should not expect any new arrivals (unless on loan) until at least the christmas window opens!! My opinion is that Jim is asking this squad to work harder and perform to a higher standard injecting some passion and commitment into their play.

By all accounts,it would appear that ANY player who is failing to meet up with expectations will find himself sidelined and perhaps replaced. It is my belief that under Bryan's eagle eyes,Skard will develop into an awsome player,a holding player in the middle of the park doing the simple things well. Its put up or move on time for Bowditch too,i feel!!! We all know and have been saying for many a season what a fantastic tallent he is.We have all been dissmayed too with his performances as of late,I hope "Deano" has got the balls and the mental mind to take on board what is expected as i hope the management team have got the gall to off load if he wont.

I'm very much lifted by what has been said last nite and confidence is rising again for the new season. I susspect that a full house may be obtained for our opening game of the home season, I'm optimistic for a play-off place,but my mind appears to be drawn to a league cup final appearance this season as i do not feel we have the squad in depth to make a serious challenge,however,we do have a squad that if playing with fire and passion in their bellies,could do a Millwall and reach a final,money desperatly needed for a season after!!! bring it on people!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:28 pm

no new players in eh ?...well there's a suprise !! :roll: - "not"

Luke

Post by Luke » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:09 pm

hallamblue wrote:no new players in eh ?...well there's a suprise !! :roll: - "not"
Give them time Hallam, I think they will just scan players within our budget (which admitably isnt much) then make a descion on who could possibly make the step up!

itfc_01

Post by itfc_01 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:30 am

made me laugh when he was back chatting that caller

Munty

Post by Munty » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:44 am

talk is cheap....... no new players, just hope BK can bring more out of the young players than that tw*t Royle.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:56 am

Like ive said munty!! I get the sneaking impression that Jim will give everyone in the squad who wants to stay a 2nd chance to improve,If Sito fails to return and i cant see why he wont,then perhaps Magic may look for a full back,But otherwise i feel that he will hold onto his small transfer budget and wait until christmas.....

Mork

Re: The Jim,Bryan and DS show...

Post by Mork » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:16 am

loudnproud wrote:The casual chat/phone in from these boys last nite on BBC Radio Suffolk was positive stuff. It would appear that reading between the lines,that we should not expect any new arrivals (unless on loan) until at least the christmas window opens!! My opinion is that Jim is asking this squad to work harder and perform to a higher standard injecting some passion and commitment into their play.

By all accounts,it would appear that ANY player who is failing to meet up with expectations will find himself sidelined and perhaps replaced. It is my belief that under Bryan's eagle eyes,Skard will develop into an awsome player,a holding player in the middle of the park doing the simple things well. Its put up or move on time for Bowditch too,i feel!!! We all know and have been saying for many a season what a fantastic tallent he is.We have all been dissmayed too with his performances as of late,I hope "Deano" has got the balls and the mental mind to take on board what is expected as i hope the management team have got the gall to off load if he wont.

I'm very much lifted by what has been said last nite and confidence is rising again for the new season. I susspect that a full house may be obtained for our opening game of the home season, I'm optimistic for a play-off place,but my mind appears to be drawn to a league cup final appearance this season as i do not feel we have the squad in depth to make a serious challenge,however,we do have a squad that if playing with fire and passion in their bellies,could do a Millwall and reach a final,money desperatly needed for a season after!!! bring it on people!
It's been put up or shove off time for Bowditch for 2 years, and it didn't stimulate anything positive - you can't motivate lack of talent.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:42 am

Luke wrote:
hallamblue wrote:no new players in eh ?...well there's a suprise !! :roll: - "not"
Give them time Hallam, I think they will just scan players within our budget (which admitably isnt much) then make a descion on who could possibly make the step up!
Ithink it will give a chance to everyone in the squad to impress the new managemnt - but i do think we need a couple of new face for the defensive poisitons ..theres not enough competition for Bsm Bam and De Vos :wink: