Jim Promises Changes

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Riviera

Jim Promises Changes

Post by Riviera » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:28 am

New boss Jim Magilton says the squad will notice big changes when they return for pre-season training on June 26th. The former skipper says the Blues underperformed during 2005/06 and he and first team coach Bryan Klug have worked on a new programme of preparation ahead of the new season.

Magilton told the club site: "The first day back is always very important for everyone concerned with the playing side and particularly this year as it will be my first chance to speak to all the lads as a group.

"So, on June 26th, Bryan and myself will be sitting down with the players and setting out the guidelines on what we expect from them.

"If they buy into what we are selling - and they will - I can promise it will make them better players.

"We will be making changes to the way training is set out, some subtle, some more radical, and there will be bits and pieces they have not seen before.

"They will be told on day one of our plans and I expect the players to hit the ground running from there. I can tell you they will be worked hard and put under pressure.

"There is no doubt that the squad underachieved last season and that is something that we have to put right this year and the lads will be made fully aware of that. Knowing them as I do, they will react positively to the challenge.

"I have spoken to a few of them and they can't wait to get back. It's a new start for everyone - and an exciting one."

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:54 am

Reading between the lines on this Riv,It is plain to see that "Magic" believes that we have a good,strong ,competitive squad already in place and i happen to believe this also!

The players were not motorvated last season, not helped by BFJ's constant critisism of "Playing kids" and "not ready yet" type of statements to the media. I realy can't see any new players comming to the club until the christmas window opens,maby a loanee,but certainly nothing permanant.

I get the impression that "Magic" wants players begging to come to PR rather than having to,cos its all we can afford.
BFJ,in my opinion,has laid down the foundations of a good squad,It is now up to Magic and his coaching team to install a belief into those players that they are good enough and make them hungery enough to want success to greater heights.

Like Boothroyd before him at Watford,It can be done....This comming season could be a real eye-opener for many of us!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:37 am

very true LnP !! and I cant wait to se what "Magic's team" is gonna be like

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:14 am

he was part of that team last season and I wish he would shed some light as to why we underachieved last season ,like he said we did.with all his changes that he plans to install and the new back room setup imho it seems like he was not a big fan of joe or willies way of doing things...starting to look like Royle really did lose his dressing room and how much of that was down to jim as captain,he surely didn't motivate a whole lot ,based on performances.
I still am hoping he will be the right guy,but not thrilled.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:39 pm

MMJR67 wrote:he was part of that team last season and I wish he would shed some light as to why we underachieved last season ,like he said we did.with all his changes that he plans to install and the new back room setup imho it seems like he was not a big fan of joe or willies way of doing things...starting to look like Royle really did lose his dressing room and how much of that was down to jim as captain,he surely didn't motivate a whole lot ,based on performances.
I still am hoping he will be the right guy,but not thrilled.
I was just thinking that too !.....with all this reported feel good factor at PR these days and people cant wait to get back into pre season trg etc etc.

The "will" to "do it for the manager" can carry a lot of clout ..we just need to out this defence (or lack of it)..and we could be cooking with gas as they say ! :wink:

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:23 pm

Hallam,we are in need of something different in defense,love all the players,but the days of slow cenral defenders are long gone,the game today is about pace and we don't have a whole lot of that,passing ability would be helpful as well...we will soon see,I have contacted the gas company just in case.lol

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:11 am

MMJR67 wrote:Hallam,we are in need of something different in defense,love all the players,but the days of slow cenral defenders are long gone,the game today is about pace and we don't have a whole lot of that,passing ability would be helpful as well...we will soon see,I have contacted the gas company just in case.lol
couldnt agree with you more ...two speedy wingback would be nice ...and then the younger versions of a Terry Butcher or Mogga please!!