Krause signs new contract

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Fully

Krause signs new contract

Post by Fully » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:43 pm

Academy defender James Krause has signed his first one-year professional contract with the Blues. Krause was offered the deal by former manager Joe Royle back in April after recovering from surgery.

The 19-year-old told the club site he is looking to have an injury free 2006/07: "I had an ankle operation last year and missed four months of the season, but this is a great way to start the new one.

"I was on the bench for the final game of the season at Plymouth and that gave me a taste of what the first team is like and that has to be my target for next year; to break into the senior side.

"I have played mainly in the middle but I know I will have to bulk up a bit and grow a few inches if I'm going to play there.

"I started at left-back though, and that might be the best place for me. We are short on numbers in that position with Scott Barron probably the only natural left-back in the squad.

"He did really well last season, but hopefully I can put pressure on him for that place when the season gets going."

itfc_01

Post by itfc_01 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:49 pm

woo go james i bet his dads happy