Town After Healy?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

squiz18

Town After Healy?

Post by squiz18 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:02 pm

Former Livingston midfielder Colin Healy has been in talks with the Blues according to the player's agent Eamon McLoughlin. Healy, 26, has been capped 12 times at full level by the Republic of Ireland, scoring one goal.

McLoughlin says a number of Championship clubs are in the running to sign the free agent: "There has been interest from Ipswich, Leicester and Stoke and we are waiting to see what develops."

The Corkman only signed for the relegated SPL side in March, leaving Sunderland after a three-year spell at the Stadium of Light.

Prior to that the 5ft 11in midfield player had been with Celtic having joined from Irish club Ballincolligh in 1998, spending three months on loan at Coventry in 2002.

Injuries - including two broken legs in his time at Sunderland - have restricted Healy to just 66 career starts and 28 sub appearances, with his goals tally currently at seven.

Town were strongly linked with Healy back in April 2001.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:52 pm

I'm not sure its our mid-field we have to strengthen,Its defence realy,we all know that. Me thinks this kids agent is being a bit "Gobby" trying to drum up old interest for his player!!

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:06 pm

loudnproud wrote:I'm not sure its our mid-field we have to strengthen,Its defence realy,we all know that. Me thinks this kids agent is being a bit "Gobby" trying to drum up old interest for his player!!

God I hope so.The defence is a must it has to be strengthend and i hope jim knows it too.

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:49 pm

Agree with you on the defense (obviously!!) but we have lost Jim, Juan and Horlock...we've got Williams and Garvan in the middle...along with Westy....other than that!!??! :shock: :shock: Richards!? Skard!?

Heally was highly rated and pursued by many Premiership clubs before everyone's favourite player Safri did him in!! I doubt there'll be many other players of his ilk going around for free - use the money on the defense - a good strong "free" midfielder would allow Williams to go wide - not his ideal spot, but will help strengthen the centre.