15 Years In The Championship

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

15 Years In The Championship

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:06 pm

We're still famous and you're still sh*t!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Must admit I did like that one.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: 15 Years In The Championship

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:04 pm

It was a quality song and oh so true.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Perfect answer to them.

I'd rather 15 years in the Championship than spending even one minute in League One.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:12 am

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:Perfect answer to them.

I'd rather 15 years in the Championship than spending even one minute in League One.
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:Perfect answer to them.

not sure about that! If I could trade our last 15 years for theirs im sure most of would.... Would have been lots of good away days in league 1 too!

But I did think the Norwich applause on 15 mins was very cringy, and it will be very ironic if they come to regret that some day, it could happen, if they don't make playoffs this year (lets hope Jordan Rhodes ends that hope at the weekend!) then next season will be interesting, they probably have 2 or 3 years to do it, they are not in a bad financial situation. But that min applause is all the motivation anyone in Ipswich (fans, players, staff) need to turn the tables.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Their last 15 seasons aint all that you know, you would be shocked if you went back to 2000 and looked at every season and which of the two clubs finished higher up the football pyramid. It's closer than what most think.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:16 pm

bluemike wrote:Their last 15 seasons aint all that you know, you would be shocked if you went back to 2000 and looked at every season and which of the two clubs finished higher up the football pyramid. It's closer than what most think.
I was more referring to the 2 stints in premier league. They also won promotion from league 1. I'm just saying they have had a lot of interesting seasons. Also have a good chance to build because of the money and profit they have made.

Don't get me wrong I hate them, of course our history is alot more to be proud of.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:21 pm

3 relegations don't count for nothing then ?

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:04 pm

bluemike wrote:3 relegations don't count for nothing then ?
I'm not forgetting that but 2 of.them were from the PL. I guess at least most of their seasons have been interesting for one reason or another. They have had 3 relegations and 3 promotions in the time we have had 3 play off semis

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:20 am

charlton837 wrote:
bluemike wrote:3 relegations don't count for nothing then ?
I'm not forgetting that but 2 of.them were from the PL. I guess at least most of their seasons have been interesting for one reason or another. They have had 3 relegations and 3 promotions in the time we have had 3 play off semis
Essentially you're right. Like it, don't like it, the fact remains they've been far more involved than ourselves since the turn of the century.

I know for a fact they've seen (at least) two promotions into the premier league since 2003 alone and the best we ever managed was beaten over two games at the play-off semi-final stages. So what if they fell out the EPL on numerous occasion - at least they were there to begin with.

I don't like giving them plaudits or acknowledgement, but credit where it's due they've put together some teams during the years in question that have provided some memorable achievement and were part of the elite, albeit if it were only short lived.

The team that won the league in 2004 for instance if correct, hardly put together by extravagant purchases and infinite money available, they simply possessed a team of no thrills players that played well consistently enough to finish in first position. (I thought our team of that time was one of the best in recent memory with players such as Counago, Miller, Bent, Wilnis etc, but even then could only make the top six and were overcome in the play-off games)