Why n0rw7ch will always be in our shadow

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Why n0rw7ch will always be in our shadow

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 pm

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: Why n0rw7ch will always be in our shadow

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:42 am

Oh that's the reason Liz ??

I just thought we had taller buildings ......

:wink: :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am

Could the two clubs even be called a 'rivalry' ? Not in terms of stature, achievement, history, honors etc.

Had this discussion before and there's no real tangible hatred from me for Norwich City. Applaud those who have a clear loathing for this opposition but from a personal viewpoint it's more sided towards pity than animosity.

Insignificant club side with as much history and relevance as you could fit on a postage stamp, the only time they get my attention now is when there's a chance for us to take victory from them, most other times you won't be giving a damn what they aspire to.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Brilliant

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Love it. A brilliant put down.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:25 pm

As much as I support Ipswich I have played with and against many Norwich players and Ipswich Town players come to that. I played with Terry Butcher when he was 16 years old, with Paul Haylock, Donnie Souter who unfortunately broke his leg with Ipswich Youth, against Colin Lundstum, against Albert Bennet and Clive Payne.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:58 pm

That is brilliant :D
I am told by some of them up there i live in the past when i remind them of our exploits,but then i remind them you are remembered by what you have done and not what you hope to do!

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:47 pm

Watership Down wrote:As much as I support Ipswich I have played with and against many Norwich players and Ipswich Town players come to that. I played with Terry Butcher when he was 16 years old, with Paul Haylock, Donnie Souter who unfortunately broke his leg with Ipswich Youth, against Colin Lundstum, against Albert Bennet and Clive Payne.

are you saying he broke his leg 3 times, or 3 player broke his leg once.

I like there chant of " we hate Wolves and Ipswich. what a sad bunch, Its Bellamy's fault for diving over Muscat's leg.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:33 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Watership Down wrote:As much as I support Ipswich I have played with and against many Norwich players and Ipswich Town players come to that. I played with Terry Butcher when he was 16 years old, with Paul Haylock, Donnie Souter who unfortunately broke his leg with Ipswich Youth, against Colin Lundstum, against Albert Bennet and Clive Payne.

are you saying he broke his leg 3 times, or 3 player broke his leg once.

I like there chant of " we hate Wolves and Ipswich. what a sad bunch, Its Bellamy's fault for diving over Muscat's leg.
Donnie Broke his leg once It was a bad break cost him his career. Spent some time with lower division clubs but never got to where his potential could have been.