Ipswich Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers preview & game thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

A chance to turn a point into all 3?

Ipswich Town win
50%
Draw
8%
Wolverhampton Wanderers win
42%

Total votes: 12

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers preview & game thread

Post by Charnwood » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 pm

I have a horrible feeling you're spot on Charlton for two reasons.

1). Why walk away from a well paid job which you enjoy and are contracted to till 2018 with an extension option to 2020. I don't exactly see or hear of him being linked with other better or more glamourous jobs.

2). Who could or even who would want to join up with Marcus Evans working with next to "f*ck all" budget relying on predominantly freebies and loaners.

Realistically who do we think would come in to change our fortunes working with the same constraints. (Surely it would have to be someone unemployed.)

This is just a feeling and I hope I'm horribly wrong.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:51 pm

but enough is enough now...
Agree with you there, Charlton! Unless there is change at the club, I won't be paying much attention next season. It's frustrating because I'm beginning to lose interest in football all together. Consider how the national team has been shyte for years, ITFC has been shyte for years...the same old teams lead the Prem...and the Champ Lg is a farce! How funny that BT wants to make CL matches pay per view! What a joke...I won't be paying anything for that predictable shyte...which once again brings about indifference because English teams now struggle in that competition as well. I think it was Watership who said he now follows a non league team...if I was back in England I'd certainly be looking for a non league team to follow. I guess for now, I'll have to be satisfied with the Dallas Cowboys! :astroll:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Oh dear! I don't even think anyone in Dallas is satisfied with the Cowboys, 9. You must be the only one. They "gotta win God darm it!"

I think you are right about the English Premier League. I think a percentage of people were getting bored with it, and then the farce of the century, (Leicester City) happened. That definitely brought in billions of pounds with rekindled EPL interest. Their title win was more farcical than anything the Champions League is going to churn out. Opinion of course.