Barnsley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tricky little fixture?

Barnsley Win
54%
Ipswich Win
8%
Draw
38%

Total votes: 13

goldandblack

Re: Barnsley vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by goldandblack » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:39 pm

BLUEBLOOD wrote:I think the number of Season ticket returns will make or break it for him.
ALOT of fans will say NO when they come through the post whenever that may be...?
The 12 month interest free option starts in April normally but that`s only 3 weeks away.
What spin they are going to come up with will be worth waiting for.
For me I WILL NOT be renewing mine under the current situation....
I am BORED watching them at the moment nothing worth getting excited about.

would Paulo Lamberto help with your season ticket sales Blue, if so I will give him a lift to Ipswich.

talk about self inflicted pain at the Mol . or perhaps playing in Div 1 next season is an exciting prospect,

quote "Wolves' season ticket sales are almost 400 per cent up on this time last year, with the club revealing they have shifted 7,000 so far
Supporters have three weeks to buy season tickets at the Early Bird rate before the summer rates kick in on April 4. If sales continue to be brisk then the 16,500 figure before May 31 looks feasible"
Last edited by goldandblack on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:40 pm

I think that TWTD post is bollocks as Diagouraga hasn't been changed at all, he actually did ok saturday and passes forwards more often than not, he couldn't play against Leeds then picked up a bug and was subsequently on the bench, people just like to inflame the situation at every opportunity even when it is bullshit.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:09 am

I don't think Town will ever get relegated or promoted whilst MM remains in charge, we'll simply sit just above or just below mid table.

If Mr Evans is ambitious and is prepared to invest in new players for a new manager I think MM will leave at the end of his contract, if Mr Evans wants to continue running the club on a shoestring I can see him offering MM a contract extension.

To be honest whilst Marcus Evans continues to own this football club all I can see is more of the same, which quite frankly is shyte.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Viewed some game highlights albeit short in supply and took in some game report from various observers. All told there isn't really much to include other than what is familiar territory in that it was game of some disappointment and devoid of any real entertainment. Two teams with realistically nothing remaining to shoot for playing out a game that will have become quickly overlooked. McCarthy's intransigent mundane demeanor both in approach (and interview) is so now commonplace you come to expect little else different.

In all truth don't even know the next opposition for what's left of the campaign such is the level of apathy that has become evident with the team. All this conjecture and bullshit about whether McCarthy will depart in the close season seems little more than kidology from the individual in question as believe he has made the decision to vacate this summer and doesn't wish to disclose it while there are still games in hand. (Maybe trying to inject some interest or focus on what's in essence another sub-standard and ineffective campaign within his tenure)

Going to be hard pressed to find any tangible interest in the last few games of this season.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Charnwood wrote:I don't think Town will ever get relegated or promoted whilst MM remains in charge, we'll simply sit just above or just below mid table.

If Mr Evans is ambitious and is prepared to invest in new players for a new manager I think MM will leave at the end of his contract, if Mr Evans wants to continue running the club on a shoestring I can see him offering MM a contract extension.

To be honest whilst Marcus Evans continues to own this football club all I can see is more of the same, which quite frankly is shyte.

:oops: Spot on Charners, we are a fooking laughing stock, :cry: I want my Ipswich Town FOOTBALL CLUB BACK

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:38 am

bluemike wrote:Marko, not quite on the same level as watford but still a relief after todays efforts, and please don't talk to me about Forfar !!! They are f**king it up big time !!

Mach, great to see you today but I am so unsettled by how down you are, even before the game you don't seem yourself fella, keep your chin up, it will change one day LOL. AND !!! One thing I disagree 100% with you about, when our goal went in you celebrated like fuke, in fact you went Three rows forward LOL, I don't think you realise it haha.
Ha ha ! When our goal went in I went to my mate whom I spotted in a row above us. Initial moment after the goal? I stood stunned as I didn't know how to react. Such appalled was I with our lack of reaction, fighting spirit after the Barnsley goal.

How down I am you say... this is how I feel as the people that run our club don't give a fvck. It's only us fans that care and suffer. This unbeaten papers over the cracks as we had won only one game and McCarthy has returned to his awful philosophy. In fact it's even worse as he plays with back 7.

1. Disinterested disastrous owner who won't sack McCarthy as he doesn't want to send him off with the pay off. And I've been saying for more than 2 years about his lack of ambitions for the club.
2. McCarthy refusing to walk away because he has a contract. Yes, his contract. He doesn't mention his determination to succeed with us. He only cares about his money.
3. McCarthy playing with back 7 even against Wolves' team who had lost 6 matches in a row prior to playing us.
4. Milne coming across as bad as Clegg. Possibly even worse as he keeps repeating the same tripe.
5. After selling integral part of the team in Murphy we spend 10k on non-league player who wasn't even a key player for Forest Green. All that 10k 'investment' because initial Murphy's 'replacement' in Leon Best failed to impress. Do me a favour !

I can multiply this list but I'm afraid you wouldn't like to read it up.

It will change one day you say. Yes it will... in League One in 2-3 years unless there is a significant shake-up in the club.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:31 pm

:shock: I'll tell you what Mack, with Wolves winning and Blackburn drawing last night, and gaining ground on us, don't be surprised if we lose to Cardiff on Saturday or drawing games we will be drawn into the relegation dog fight, we have to play clubs below us who are also fighting for survival, and the likes of Blackburn, Forest & Wolves could all overtake us, so fasten your seat belts its going to be a bumpy ride,

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Ash, forgive me if i'm wrong but why do I always sense that you are revelling in the fact that we may be in trouble, I always sense a bit of joy in your posts ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:55 pm

Must admit, I'm drawn to those results as well. As little as three weeks ago I wasn't bothered in the slightest......., but, hmmmm. Certainly didnt expect Wolves to win last night. And as Ashford is alluding to, these teams could potentially up their performance closing the season out. Praying ITFC can grind this season to a finish keeping their league status.

Finger out, Mick. Come on.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:48 pm

For me it's not to do with the point of the post but more the feeling of pleasure that we may stumble into a tough situation. Blackburn getting a creditable draw seems to be worthy of more respect than us drawing with Brighton, Norwich, Leeds, Reading, Preston, Barnsley and Wolves , I am just a bit confused tbh. Wolves couldn't beat us but they win at Brentford, I guess Brentford must be in trouble too.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Don't believe any true supporter takes pleasure in where we are - or where, in a worst case scenario, we could potentially end up.

But with only a 7 point gap, games ticking down and our recent performances being below standard, it doesn't take the brains of an archbishop to see the warning lights are flashing that bit brighter. Chris Berra flagged this today. But if we've learned anything this season, it's that there are no certainties, or nailed on predictable results. From here on in, every game is in the 'critical' category. No room for complacency, or a view that we can't or won't get relegated. We could.

The prospect of relegation - or ensuring we avoid it - is obviously the Club's highest priority. From here on in it's inevitable that MM's team selections, set ups and game plans will be to avoid defeat and, point by point, cross the line to guaranteed survival. Realistically, that's where we at.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:40 pm

I categorically believe we won't get relegated, don't even think it's a concern tbh. I may be mad or in denial but I don't think so.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Realistically we should be aiming to win, not avoiding defeat. All of these draws are killing us. It's fine to draw against top 5 teams, but we need to play to win now...we're getting too close to the drop zone. I said a while ago MM could get us relegated...christ I hoped I'd be wrong! If you tolerate too much sh*t, eventually you have to wipe your arse!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:26 pm

Relegation concerns in all truth appear between slim and non-existent. Sure the team is poor but there's worse sides by far that occupy this league at time of writing. Rotherham will occupy bottom place this season so leaving two other available spaces, best guess would be Bristol City and possibly Nottingham Forest to drop out also. Yes the latter possess a new name but may be too late to salvage the damage already inflicted by previous performance.

It's not as if we're reckless either, merely invariably dull to watch and overly defensive. McCarthy may be the epitome of banal, but not a name that will see the club in League One from August and beyond. If you view the last remaining games of this season there's real opportunity to obtain points that will finally avert any relegation worry. The biggest concern would be awaiting the manager's decision and will he / won't he f*ck off - sorry - 'vacate his position' in the upcoming close season. As others have blatantly put it, another nine months of the same uninspiring garbage leaves a real concerning scenario.