Can't disagree with this....and even made me laugh...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Can't disagree with this....and even made me laugh...

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:15 am

....which at the moment, takes some doing!

..................................................................................................................................

The Warky Report: Wolves (h) 23:55 - Mar 7 with 476 views Warkystache

I did the Maldon Mud Race once when I was younger. I fell face first twice and was one of the last to finish, and had to be hosed down in the car park in me undies before being allowed in the car (black binliners on the velour seats of Dad's Montego), but I did raise £300 for Cancer Research.

Thing is, you can't really run through mud. You try, but you end up moving like Frankenstein's monster when he flicks the old switch. Sort of sideways, dragging each leg out of the sticky goo. Bit like the way our midfield ran tonight. Or not.

Like many on here, I probably have better things to do than watch us 'try' like this. I could be writing me first novel, a bonkbuster full of steamy sexual shenanigans with root veg in Great Bentley, involving a satan-worshipping clan of 'normal' looking churchgoing types who drive Volvos and drink real ale and work in self-employment as accountants. At night they seek fresh victims and worship the dark prince in the local pubs. They don't like strangers. You get the idea.

But I don't. I'm a f*cking cretin. I go, I stand with Luke and Paul (not the gospel according to, although Luke would claim he's always right, even when he does bewitch Skuse into giving the ball away by saying just before it happens "I bet Skuse gives the ball away" Witchcraft in Tunstall. That's me follow-up book), I even find myself CLAPPING when we cross the halfway line. I must be brain dead. I certainly bloody am after watching that tonight. If ever a team looked to nick a 0-0, that was it. Trouble is, we were playing a team bereft of confidence, their £13 million signing benched, their passing as bad as ours, their defence panicked by a few inswinging corners. AND WE F*CKING PLAYED FOR A 0-0!

Grant Ward. Good player. Scared to run at their backline. Isolated. No one moved for him when he got it. Diagouraga. Reads the game well. Big unit and he tired quickly but does a shift. No pace, isolated with two on him when he looked to pass so went backwards a lot. Tom Lawrence. Where's he gone? The odd decent dead-ball delivery but not a lot else.

If you need a goal, why bring on a player who has all the subtlety and touch of a pissed-up Oz off Auf Wiedersehen Pet in a Nuremberg nightclub? What's the point of having two ACTUAL strikers on the bench, both of whom know where the old onion bag is, if your main attacking tactic is to give the full backs more excuse to hit long aimless high balls to someone who is about as good in the air as Godzooky?(kids, google this).

Season ticket renewal forms are-a-coming. The club needs stability, a bit of hope for the future, a chance to show off promising kids and to reignite the passion of supporters. Instead, we get endless dishes of cold sick and a feeling that no-one really cares. We'll be lucky to get 10,000 through the gates at home games if this carries on. I mean, for f*cks sake, can't ANYONE at the club raise us up a bit? Or is this the true Ipswich way now? Just get on with it and thank your lucky stars we get to stay in this league again for another season of half-effort and lack.

We should have won tonight. Instead we were scared of losing. Carry on with this mentality and you might just as well pack it in and take up stamp collecting. It's the purgatory that's worse. I'd take any sort of development right now. The club is dying a death of a thousand cowardly cuts, and any Season Ticket renewal brochure I get in April which has a picture of either Kieffer Moore or Cole Skuse on it and talks about progress and development of our team will be the final f*cking straw.

Andym

Re: Can't disagree with this....and even made me laugh...

Post by Andym » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:30 am

Unfortunately it's all too true.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:16 am

Warkystache........ I have a buddy just like Luke. :lol:

Reading about the "cold sick" just before "me" breakfast wasn't too good! :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Like many on here, I probably have better things to do than watch us 'try' like this. I could be writing me first novel, a bonkbuster full of steamy sexual shenanigans with root veg in Great Bentley, involving a satan-worshipping clan of 'normal' looking churchgoing types who drive Volvos and drink real ale and work in self-employment as accountants. At night they seek fresh victims and worship the dark prince in the local pubs. They don't like strangers. You get the idea.
PMSL this is my road !!!!

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:05 pm

I've got to say that sums it up quite well!!

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:45 pm

And to make things worse nothing is gonna changed for us.

supershred

Post by supershred » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Hallumblue - a legend in the making with posts like that!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:29 pm

It wasn't me that wrote it SS - Wish it was tbh cos it's funny.