Alex Neil

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Alex Neil

Post by trimleyblue » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Sacked.

bluejacko

Re: Alex Neil

Post by bluejacko » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Perhaps Evans should ask Delia how to give someone the push!

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:44 pm

At the same time that horrible puppet Milne will come out to tell us to stick with Mick.

Evans and McCarthy will never ever find an easier environment in football to work within.

supershred

Post by supershred » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Do you think - if it was possible to ignore his feathered past - Alex Neil would be able to do a good job here?

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:23 pm

supershred wrote:Do you think - if it was possible to ignore his feathered past - Alex Neil would be able to do a good job here?
NO! he could not look at the MILLIONS he spent for the NAAARwich and where are they?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:39 pm

I think NCFC just has higher ambitions than Evan's ITFC.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:45 am

problem for them is they rarely make a good appointment do they? A very hire n fire culture at scumville - even the timing of this one is potentially too late, in what is a vital " must get promoted season". Hopefully they have cocked it up again.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:32 pm

You've got my interest, Hallam. Why is this a "must be promoted" season for Norwich? It's my understanding that the parachute payments are spread over a few years. Have they annihilated their bank balance this past season?

My personal opinion is that it's similar with Leicester....... decent manager but the players just are not liking Wee Eck anymore. He knows his stuff, they could have a whole lot worse, i.e., McClaren @ Derby. My God, those fans will be even unhappier than the "Mick outters".

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:00 pm

The parachute money duration has been reduced, and that payment will also be halved fir narwich cos they git relegated immediately in the following season after getting promoted.

So they really needed to get promoted this season. Next season is their final season of parachute "failure" money, but that is going to be reduced by 50% less than any other PL getting relegated to Championship next season.

They have a squad of big money earners, who they may not be able to offload. Any of their better players will probably move on , so they will struggle. I had them down as a mid table outfit this season anyway, so joy surprised they have performed the way they have so far. Better than us they may be, but theyre vastly overrated, IMHO.