Steve McClaren

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

BLUEBLOOD

Steve McClaren

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Derby sack Steve McClaren

number 9

Re: Steve McClaren

Post by number 9 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:36 pm

surprise surprise!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:38 pm

....for a second time and after just 5 months in the job!

Surely they didn't expect him to be any better second time around.?

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Perhaps third time lucky! (Whenever that is: after all, we're talking about Derby here!)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:35 pm

The guy is and always has been a joke, as are Derby.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:15 am

He is a joke, but there's always a club ready to offer him a decent job. Don't get it.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:33 pm

They're certainly not a joke with their new appointment, I'd really like to have seen Gary Rowett at Portman Road and think he's a brilliant choice to replace McLaren.

I see Wigan have parted company with Warren Joyce today after just months in the job, must be peak season for Manager Sackings.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:01 pm

So you would be happy to see a manager here who by and large plays the same type of football as MM ?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:56 pm

I hope scum get McClaren or "Woy".....Rowett is off to Derby and Warburton ( my preference for MM) appears to be joining Forest.

Let's hope narwich c*ck it up for the umpteenth time in.their recruitment policy.

As for Evans........F ...off!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:16 pm

hallamblue wrote:I hope scum get McClaren or "Woy".....Rowett is off to Derby and Warburton ( my preference for MM) appears to be joining Forest.

Let's hope narwich c*ck it up for the umpteenth time in.their recruitment policy.

They've got a habit of getting nostalgic and going for one of the old boys .... Gunn. Adams.

Would love them to do that again ... it usually goes tits up. Or they get McClaren... would love to consolidate my dislike of that pillock by him going to Norwich.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:10 pm

:wink: Lets hope its Mick next, can only hope that ME gives him the chop, I think myself and a few thousand other fans would love to see him go, and if ME aint interested in getting Ipswich promoted then he can F**k off as well

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:05 pm

Don't know what's worse, owners who can't decide who's best for their club and chop and change at alarming regularity : or those who allow whoever's doing a poor job of it to remain in position for far longer than they are deserving.

Got no animosity with McLaren or indeed Derby County but as before, discarding his services so soon after bringing him back, it's a questionable turn of event.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:42 am

tangfastic wrote:
hallamblue wrote:I hope scum get McClaren or "Woy".....Rowett is off to Derby and Warburton ( my preference for MM) appears to be joining Forest.

They've got a habit of getting nostalgic and going for one of the old boys .... Gunn. Adams.

Would love them to do that again ... it usually goes tits up. Or they get McClaren... would love to consolidate my dislike of that pillock by him going to Norwich.

I wonder if they might go abroad fir one of these modern day coach approaches? But like you , feel they are very likely to c*ck it up yet again. They are clearly preparing fir a second season in the Championship.