Another Champioship Manager bites the dust.....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Another Champioship Manager bites the dust.....

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Warren Joyce Manager at Wigan has become the 14th Championship Manager to be sacked this season..... I find this number of sackings incredible.

Even more incredible is that Derby, Wigan & Rotherham have eached sacked two.

The other clubs are Aston Villa, Cardiff City, Wolves, QPR, Birmingham City, Notts Forest, Blackburn, & Norwich City.

Five of the clubs involved in sacking managers are all above Town in the Championship Table.. which shows what a tolerant club we are.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Another Champioship Manager bites the dust.....

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:00 pm

It could also show they f*cked up the original appointments.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Charnwood wrote:Warren Joyce Manager at Wigan has become the 14th Championship Manager to be sacked this season..... I find this number of sackings incredible.

Even more incredible is that Derby, Wigan & Rotherham have eached sacked two.

The other clubs are Aston Villa, Cardiff City, Wolves, QPR, Birmingham City, Notts Forest, Blackburn, & Norwich City.

Five of the clubs involved in sacking managers are all above Town in the Championship Table.. which shows what a tolerant club we are.
Shame there have not been 15?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:59 pm

I think these managerial sackings is a sign of how "ill" football is in this Country now. The greed for TV money / promotion / clubs fears of total. collapse if relegated has ruined the game. Honestly not sure why I still go. Can hardly say I enjoy it anymore.

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:52 pm

bluemike wrote:It could also show they f*cked up the original appointments.
Should have taken wise advice from ME! :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:42 pm

hallamblue wrote:I think these managerial sackings is a sign of how "ill" football is in this Country now. The greed for TV money / promotion / clubs fears of total. collapse if relegated has ruined the game. Honestly not sure why I still go. Can hardly say I enjoy it anymore.
Been thinking about you, lady. Not in a creepy way, don't worry!!! Hoping you are doing ok and are coping with the recent bereavement. Huge hugs your way.

Regarding the "enjoyment" part of going to the football...... That is a great pity that you are not enjoying it anymore. I know if I didn't enjoy going to Easter Road, I wouldn't go. But my enjoyment hasn't really got anything to do with Hibs if I'm honest. It's to do with hearing my sons stories from the week, his pals stories and my buddy's stories. They all talk unbelievable Shyte, (more than me!) and I love it. I think the only time I get really annoyed is when it's Hearts, and they win!!! Which is a lot! :lol:

No surprise to see McClaren go. Can't believe that man is "well off" and made his money in football.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:34 pm

I think you see the football "experience" much the same as I do marko, I love ITFC and will always go, however it has been tough at times but the social side I get from it with friends old and new far outweighs the negative sh*te that is currently on offer at times.