Are you visiting Cardiff on Saturday

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

pathay

Are you visiting Cardiff on Saturday

Post by pathay » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:15 pm

Just to advise you that both home and away fans have been getting together at the Canton Rugby Club this season. There you can get cheap beer and bar food and also watch early football on the large screen. The club is just 5 minutes walk from the Stadium just cross the road by Lidle Supermarket and walk straight up the road in front of you for about 50 yards. There as been a great atmosphere all season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Are you visiting Cardiff on Saturday

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks for that pathay, I was intending to visit the pub on the car park by the ground again which is where I went last season, however this could be a good alternative. Will you be at this club yourself ?

pathay

Post by pathay » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:53 am

bluemike wrote:Thanks for that pathay, I was intending to visit the pub on the car park by the ground again which is where I went last season, however this could be a good alternative. Will you be at this club yourself ?
Unfortunately I wont I am away for the weekend made a mistake and thought we were away this week as we were home last. I put it down to age. I've offered my ticket to a neighbour who is fro your neck of the woods and supports IT

pathay

Post by pathay » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:59 am

pathay wrote:
bluemike wrote:Thanks for that pathay, I was intending to visit the pub on the car park by the ground again which is where I went last season, however this could be a good alternative. Will you be at this club yourself ?
Unfortunately I wont I am away for the weekend made a mistake and thought we were away this week as we were home last. I put it down to age. I've offered my ticket to a neighbour who is fro your neck of the woods and supports IT
As an after thought just to let you know if you get there early there is free parking on the road outside the club from outside the club entrance to the top of the road but parking is restricted outside the houses to residents.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Not driving up on this occasion mate, taking the turgid coach journey for this one.

pathay

Post by pathay » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:48 pm

bluemike wrote:Not driving up on this occasion mate, taking the turgid coach journey for this one.
The club is only five minutes from the coach car park.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Five minutes in a taxi or walking? Crucial this cos Mike will be pished.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:16 pm

marko69 wrote:Five minutes in a taxi or walking? Crucial this cos Mike will be pished.

when a Cardiff fan invites you for a drink my question would be, how far is it to the nearest A & E Image.. .........................be careful down there Mike.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:36 pm

I'm always careful although last season just me and three fellow Town fans who were all female were in the pub surrounded by Cardiff fans some of who didnt look impressed , that was a bit uneasy lol.

pathay

Post by pathay » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:29 pm

marko69 wrote:Five minutes in a taxi or walking? Crucial this cos Mike will be pished.
Walking. When you get off the coach walk out into the main car park walk down past Lidle's cross the road and its about 100metres up the street ignore the canopy in the front garden to your left. Natives are friendly these days couldn't get into the top twenty one of arrests this year.