Season ticket

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

itfc76trev

Season ticket

Post by itfc76trev » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:48 pm

Looks likely they will be increased again. If rumours are true my daughters is gon go up from 10£ to 50£ that's quite some % increase !!

arana peligrosa

Re: Season ticket

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:08 am

There was talk on the issue over at TWTD. Some state figures released aren't genuine but others insist these are the prices from August and beyond. Something about a 5 per cent reduction if 12,000 + tickets are purchased..

All measure of issues but bottom line the hardest hit could be those under 12 years of age (who face a 40 pound increase) and the 60 + group will feel impact also. The latter will be our longest serving fanbase and they're facing a hike of some 150 pounds + if the new figures are indeed factual and correct. What's awkward is we are still unaware of who will be overseeing team affairs next season such is McCarthy's insistence to keep his future plans private. Few people will wish to renew while the individual remains in post.

All teams raise prices granted, but when you're having to endure season after season of ineffective play and devoid of any real hope or ambition, it's not above belligerent to ask people to pay significantly extra for what's available. There was some small print where Managing Director Ian Milne explains his reasoning behind the increased prices but many would argue it's little more than disingenuous bullshit to cover himself or even pacify an increasing intolerant support. Applaud those who decide to venture forward and buy for another year, but you got to ask yourself what exactly you're letting yourself in for.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:20 am

As I will no longer qualify for a senior discount then I will find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon especially having witnessed some of the crap served up at Portman Road this season.

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:43 am

Shed on tour wrote:As I will no longer qualify for a senior discount then I will find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon especially having witnessed some of the crap served up at Portman Road this season.
I'm in the same position. I might well give up mine as well. It'd cost me an extra £14 a month. Is it worth it? No.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:41 am

Cant believe the clubs approach to season tickets this year. I read into that they want to sacrifice some older fans and in particular middle aged adults to bring young fans in. However most young fans get into football via their parents so that wont work. And its not just an entertainment thing like the cinema, computers etc. Football is in your blood, to get that bug it takes more than a couple of years of reasonable pricing.

Very risky strategy pissing off your already loyal fans to try and magic up a load of young fans to boost numbers. Also is it me or are the younger fans (16-23) probably the ones who can be most ficke and most likely to boo and change their minds one moment to the next. Bit of a generalisation but I think that's how football fans are.brought up these days.

Again...i think the club have excelled themselves with the incompetence of this announcement ad cannot believe we will reach 12,750 to get a 3.5% discount

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:10 am

If I didn't know better I'd say Evans is running the Club into the ground ready for a quick cheap sale to cut his losses

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:59 pm

I honestly think ME hasn't a fuckin clue about running a football club. The only way you'll bring in younger supporters is by playing attractive football and by signing exciting players. Further, he's punishing the older fans for decades of loyalty. Oh but I forgot, ME is our savior. How dare I say anything negative about him. This is not my ITFC!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:07 pm

:roll: I think your right there Liz, its baffling to say the least that your gates are down so you increase the ST costs, why cant we do a Huddersfield and lower the cost of entry, get a good owner in, and a decent manager, But no we are on a certain path to oblivion, I mean home gates of 10'000 if their lucky, means the club cant survive in the championship at this rate, also if the new PL2 league idea gets started, that will finish the football league system as we know it, it will be just two tier Premier leagues will have all the main revenue, and the remaining leagues of the Championship, 1 & 2, will be linked up to National none league status, with no hope of the promotion to a top tier league, as it will be closed to poorer clubs like Ipswich who act to the FFP rules and get penalised for it, SHAME but that's the future we are looking at, lack of solid investment means good bye to our dreams of promotion, never mind there's always National and Ryman Premier league teams to go and watch, I mean Lincoln City play very attractive football as we found out to our embarrassment, as did other better teams, so if our owner wants to ruin our club, so be it there's F**K all we can do about it, only fans to stay away in droves and watch it disintegrate.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:05 pm

The ST price raise is the clearest indication that Evans has lost all interest in the Club now.

I doubt he will invest any money in players next season , whoever is manager, and unless MM decides to walk away, ( why should he), Evans will not be prepared to pay any severance fee to MM, so we will be stuck with yet more tactically inept football next season.

Attendances are currently around the 11k mark ( ignore the ridiculous match day announcements, because they are clearly not true), and next season I can now see us attracting roughly 8-9 k per home game.

Evans, frankly needs to, "do one" and take Mick with him.

Ipswich Town FC will be lucky to survive relegation next season IMO, and us now all but dead as a going concern. It really IS that serious in my opinion.

RIP Ipswich Town FC.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:20 pm

well I would advise any prospective ST purchase not to expect to get a 5% refund, because I think there's absolutely no chance at all of the club reaching it's target of 12750.

Bloody hell - a target of 12750 - what has happened to this great club?
I would be interested to know how many ST's were sold for the season before ME took over

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:40 pm

season / average attendance

2002-3. / 25,455
2003:4 / 24,519
2004:5 / 25, 651
2005:6 / 24,251
2006:7 / 22,444
2007:8 / 21,934
2008:9 / 20,960
2009:10 / 20,840
2010:11 / 19,614
2011:12 / 18,266
2012:13 / 17,526
2013: 14 / 16,654
2014:15 / 19,605
2015:16 / 18,989

(source Eve Star)

jeremy rusher

Post by jeremy rusher » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:44 pm

The new season ticket structure is just more bizarre news for the supporter and the club as a whole. I/We have no clue who will be in charge next season let alone who will be playing here. McCarthy will only decide what his intentions are when this drab season is over. Meanwhile , can everyone just hold their breathe until McCarthy announces he will not be leaving and wants to honour his contract for another season. Probably hoping by that time he has convinced Evans he knows best . I and the majority are in total disbelief what is going on at this club. It is heart breaking to witness this ownership/management fiasco and its paying supporter being expected to carry on funding this nonsense.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:31 pm

After 30+ years on supporting this once great club, with loosing the over 60 price i just dont know if i can actually be arsed anymore!!
What a way to run a football club :cry:

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Agree with all of the above, and that of the 100+ who have posted in similar vein over on TWTD. United in the belief that our great club is slowly being strangled to death by an owner, and his spreadsheet warriors, who recognise the price of everything, but the value of nothing.
I actually have a crumb of sympathy with Ian Milne, who has given a number of local media interviews throughout the day. My take was that he was trying his best to mount a defence, but didn't actually believe what he was having to say on behalf of our faceless owner.

As much as the money, there are some fundamental principles at stake - many of which appear to have been disregarded in an arrogant and dispassionate manner. If many supporters already felt alienated by the manner in which we are being treated, starting with consistently pi*s poor quality football, then this latest piece of crass mis-management will surely push them over the edge.

If ME thinks this risk is worth taking on purely business grounds - notwithstanding recognisinig the need to try and attract the next generation of supporters, which I'm not sure is going to work - he may be in for a major disappointment. Time will tell, once the dust has settled. Even the die hard core support, on which he's relying, may well start to crumble away.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:29 pm

It'll be fake news to f*ck with your minds and gain even MORE supporters. Just like the self employment national insurance fiasco. Put it up knowing full well it's a ploy to gain support when they lower it again.
It's too unbelievable to be true. If it's not mind games and a reverse psychology type of thing to garner more renewals, then what the majority of you are all thinking is right......, the club is looking a bit fkd as far as the immediate future is concerned.

Hopefully there will be an announcement from Milne........ "We got it wrong.........."

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:35 pm

I can't disagree with anyt of the above posts. Todays news on ticket prices is a f**king disgrace to be honest, I have always tried to be objective in the reasoning behind ME not wanting to invest mega millions when the club are already 86 Million plus in debt, I get that, but to then slap us all in the face with yet another increase (ok mine is hardly worth losing sleep over) is nothing short of insulting, especially when one takes into account the crap served up at PR on many occasions this season.

I cannot for the life of me believe what he has done to the over 60's, that really does take the p*ss and is fraught with danger. As Charlton rightly says the age bracket that are most fickle are the ones who come out best, for me that too is a bloody joke. The whole thing is a PR disaster, Evans is apparently a successful businessman but my god he has learnt f*ck all about customer relations where football is concerned.

I will always renew my season ticket, that is my choice to do so but not to caress the ego's of these pricks, I value the friendships of many Town fans and will continue to do so, I will be going to games home and away long after these inept fuckwits have departed our proud and once great club, I actually feel sorry for MM and I expect this is the final straw for him, his comments about not wanting to be here next August with only 10K fans in the ground has just been rubber stamped by Evans. As Mach has been saying for some time, f*ck Off Evans, f*ck Off Milne and f*ck Off anyone else who is doing their darndest to drive genuine Town fans away. You won't beat me you bastards !!!!..... ITID

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:34 am

Mike I'm stunned. It's enormously huge thing from you to sound like given your defence of Evans throughout the years. I've had several debates with you and others and we were in a disagreement quite often. But my stance was a result of what I was feeling/seeing. I badly wanted to be wrong. I wanted you to be right.

There were number of people on here, TWTD and no longer existing Football Junkie forum who would blindly defend Evans. Perhaps I'm in the position to tell them : 'I TOLD YOU SO' but I have no pleasure whatsoever in saying so. I'm in pain as our beloved club have been knocked down into the ground for a few years. I was slated, I was called a moaner, I was told: 'get behind the team, Evans is committed etc etc'.

Some could still tell me: 'Evans backed Magilton, Keane and Jewell'. Right, I agree with this. But he ENTIRELY lost his interest after Jewells departure. His private choice. But if that's the case then sell the club and go ! Instead he pressed ITFC self-destruct button.

Self-destruct button and THE TIMETABLE of destroying process is really abundant.

McCarthy had done mission impossible by keeping us in this league. The future looked brighter but Evans' investment was required. I alongside others was told : 'we have to sell someone before we can buy'. So we had to wait more than a year for significant departure. That was Cresswell. Subsequent investment? None. Now we were told all stories about FFP.

Yes, FFP. The rule created for Ipswich Town to adhere to. Yes only for Ipswich as no club was as hugged to this as much as ourselves. Mentioned millions of times as an excuse for 'committed Marcus' for not investing in bolstering the team.

January of 2015. The moment where it was glaringly obvious he had no interest in making us better and stronger. Unrepeatable opportunity to get out of this league after long years. 2-3m investment was needed to add some quality, to add really needed strength in depth. What did he do? Spent .... 100k on Sears + added unwanted by their parent clubs loanees in Chaplow and Varney.
We had an away game at Brighton that month. Win and we would have gone top of league. Before that game I had received a text from a Norwich friend. Really nice one. She said to me : 'Mach it's your turn to get promoted after long years in this league'.

Nothing was done to increase our chances. We finished 6th and could have been better but for the lack of interest/investment.

Then a big summer where we could have built on that 6th place. Mings having been sold for the large amount of money. RIDICULOUSLY though no investment aftewards. Freebies and loanees + little fee on Knudsen. Instead of investing in quality we offered contracts to ... Coke and Toure !!! Marcus Evans and his 'commitment'.

We still had play-off chances in the following season but once again nothing was done in January of 2016 to help ourselves.

Last summer? Evans having been 'busy' in Brazil and people were screaming about him having spent money on Webster and Ward. But he got his money back from Murphys sale. Anti-Evans people had to put up with another excuses like: 'there was little time to find a replacement'. Evans, McCarthy and the board has been taking a p*ss as they thought that Leon Best would be the one. And because he failed then we signed non-league player for 10k in January.

Evans and Milne has always known that Ipswich environment is very docile. Nice, easy going, smashing. That's why they never felt a pressure to deliver. They wouldn't last long anywhere else.

I was very often told that 'at least' Evans isn't as bad as other dodgy owners. Excuse me ! Give me Venkys, Cellino (yes him), Forest's Fawaz, Cardiff''s Tan rather than Evans. People may be saying I'm stupid. My reasons why I'd rather them than Evans:

1. Venkys - keep selling best players and replace them with freebies and loanees. Fans furious with that. At least their fans at Ewood Park aren't ripped off. 22 pounds matchday ticket. Compare it to Evans and his prices.

2. Cellino - yes I know. Weird, mad, idiot etc etc. AT LEAST HE CARES ! And he handed the manager money to spend following departures of Cook to Bournemouth and Byram to West Ham. The money have been invested. The mix of new players and Leeds' own ones is paying off for them this season.

3. Fawaz - yes too many managerial departures at Nottingham but he admitted his mistakes and is willing to sell the club. Selling stars to replace them with garbage just like Evans. Despite all their off-field issues he somehow convinced Mark Warburton to become their new manager. Warburton was my no.1 to replace McCarthy this summer.

4. Vincent Tan - selling Cardiff's soul to get them into Premier League. However he has WRITTEN OFF clubs debts aftewards.

Marcus Evans and any kind of goodwill gesture towards Ipswich Town and its fans? LITERALLY f*ck ALL ! Oh I apologize, Milne says they gave us a .... FAN-ZONE ! You don't know whether to laugh or cry.

To compound our problems Mick McCarthy treats fans with contempt. Unpleasant and ignorant comments. Plays even more negative and mind numbing football than a few months ago. 7 defenders in an attempt to snatch a draw. Perfect recipe to push fans away from Portman Road.

In my opinion this is the darkest era ever in the history of the club. Yes, even worse than Jewell and Keane. When they were both in charge we had money to spend. We had hopes that sooner or later we would have a better manager and better times to follow. Today? No hope whatsoever and the fans are being ripped off in even more evil-minded way.

If I was based in Suffolk I'd renew my season ticket. Yes I would. But part of me is happy not to be based down there because that worm Evans won't see my money.

I'm addicted to ITFC. It's not 'only a football' to me. This is the most important aspect of my life. The death of the club will be the death of me and we're on the straight road into oblivion unless Evans drastically changes his policy. The only question is when we are relegated. Evans isn't bothered.

Very long and perhaps incoherent rant from me. Maybe it is a kind of throw back from me for having been slated throughout the years. But the most important factor is there is probably few who still defend Evans. People have finally spotted what a disaster he's for the club.

Not going to Cardiff tomorrow but see you Mike and others at Fulham, Burton, Rotherham and Nottingham. ITFC TILL I DIE !

F*ck off Evans ! F*ck Milne ! F*ck off McCarthy !

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:53 am

Agree mike regarding over 60s. Total lack of respect from the club that. Surely there is a happy medium on that. If you are between 60 and 65 and are already a season ticket holder your concession price should be honoured as its totally unacceptable to change that age and expect you to pay the extra. Many of these are long standing fans who have been there through thick and thin

Its like giving a pension but a year later making them wait another few years. Biggest lack of class I've seen from this club in the time I've been following. I will renew for next season but I'm not happy!

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:35 am

The more I think about this the more incensed I become!
On reaching 60 the govt lets me have my Meds free would even they now say we are now cancelling that now you have to pay until you are 65? There would be riots in the street. :evil:

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:04 am

Intend to write to Ian Milne on this totally misconceived and disrespectful decision. If the club, or more specifically ME, is intent on raising the oldies' concession rate to 65 - itself a questionable decision given the club's actual demographic - then, as a minimum, transitional arrangements should apply. It's a no brainier. Using the limp justification that it aligns us with other Chship clubs is arrant crap! We are ITFC, and should do what is morally right for a significant element of our supporters' base who, as many have pointed out, are died in the wool loyal supporters, and whose loyalty and money has remained through thick and thin.

Also, I would hope that the somewhat blue tinted, ineffective, Official Supporters Club would be pushing hard for a change of policy.

We live in hope that ME will see sense, and follow Hammond's recent action. There's still time to do the right thing.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:32 am

herforder wrote:Intend to write to Ian Milne on this totally misconceived and disrespectful decision. If the club, or more specifically ME, is intent on raising the oldies' concession rate to 65 - itself a questionable decision given the club's actual demographic - then, as a minimum, transitional arrangements should apply. It's a no brainier. Using the limp justification that it aligns us with other Chship clubs is arrant crap! We are ITFC, and should do what is morally right for a significant element of our supporters' base who, as many have pointed out, are died in the wool loyal supporters, and whose loyalty and money has remained through thick and thin.

Also, I would hope that the somewhat blue tinted, ineffective, Official Supporters Club would be pushing hard for a change of policy.

We live in hope that ME will see sense, and follow Hammond's recent action. There's still time to do the right thing.
Email went off last! I won't hold my breath on a decent reply.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:34 am

Well as I have already said I won't be renewing next season as I no longer qualify for a senior season ticket.
My daughter who also has a season ticket in the disabled section of the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand upper tier has said she won't renew if I don't go as football is a thing we have always done as a family. Even though I don't sit with her and my wife in the ground she said the fun of going was us all talking about the game on the way to the ground and back home again.
Like other's on here I have followed the team for a long time, 45 years this year and during this time dread to think how much money I have spent doing this, including purchasing shares at a time when the club was on the verge of going to the wall. As some would say, this has been my choice, which is true, but I do feel greatly let down by the club in their decision to up the age for a senior season ticket, especially those who are already on the scheme.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Got to say, all BS aside, I really do feel for you guys. It's a very strange decision by the club and I'm VERY interested to see if these emails (and I dare say there will be a lot of emails sent from disgruntled fans) are taken seriously.

Do the right thing, Ipswich Town and sort this problem out. Because it IS a problem.

And top notch post, MPB.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Still Waiting anyone got theirs yet? or have the club done a rethink....!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:30 am

BLUEBLOOD wrote:Still Waiting anyone got theirs yet? or have the club done a rethink....!
I emailed the club telling them what I thought (before the ST details were released). In that email I asked when the ST renewals were coming out, they told me within 10 days or so. That was about 10 days ago so should be anytime now.

I think the local papers are piling the pressure on the club on this as they have had such as a response (as have the club I imagine...) perhaps they will have a re-think, but I doubt it. Even if they do they wont get much credit from me, they clearly felt they could screw over the lifeblood of this club.

Im not Ian Milnes biggest fan, but I felt a bit sorry for him over this, I genuinely think he felt this was a bad idea but he is just the puppet. If that is true I would just quit if I were him, but the more I have listened to him he has grown on me (only a bit!). He seems more genuine than Simon Clegg ever did, its the man at the top of them that is the real issue. The reason we no longer have a real board is because the owner isn't interested in anyone other than himself, arrogant self obsessed tosspot. As you can see im not his biggest fan.... Frustrating is the word for me, we are being run so badly and its now starting to show

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:44 pm

Spoke to ticket office today and they are literally about to be sent out.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:46 pm

So no rethink? FKN shocking, ITFC.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Waste of money there a lot will be sent back I wonder if it`s a prepaid envelope or do we have to pay for postage.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:25 pm

marko69 wrote:So no rethink? FKN shocking, ITFC.

No marko. Milne had stated again today there will be no U turn. Fine Mr Evans, reap what you sow. Gates under 10k next season it has then and more due to what they've fiber TL thd concession ticketing than a 1.5% raise.