The Don

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

The Don

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Thought the largely forgotten birthday section was too disrespectful to mention The Don, who would've been 34 today. My goodness, he was a young man.

Thoughts with all of his friends & family tonight who will no doubt be warmly remembering him.

RIP DON.

hallamblue

Re: The Don

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Yes marko, he was very young to die. Still not sure how he died either. There has been posts on FB regarding his birthday today, almost like he's still alive. Bizarre.

However I totally share your observations

RIP Rob ( aka The Don)

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:19 pm

The year since The Don's tragic passing seems to have flown past. The saying that time is a great healer probably won't mean much to his family and close friends at the moment, but they might draw some comfort from knowing that he remains in people's thoughts and prayers. I think keeping his memory and sense of humour alive on here through The Don Cup is definitely the right thing to do.

Hope he's having a great birthday up there in the Blue Yonder - RIP buddy.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:32 pm

I think it's about Six months since Don left us, still so hard to take in. Thinking of you on your Birthday Buddy. RIP

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:03 am

Recall having to read twice what had been presented when news broke to fully comprehend what had occurred. Still in the dark as to the true nature of the passing but it seems wrong to pry further and if it's the wish of his loved ones to keep events close at hand then respect their privacy. All I know is, Rob was a valued member of the community and the pages are poorer with his absence. Best to the family.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:26 am

Such a fun guy to interact with on FB and here, so sad still :(