This post in EADT has a point the numbers don't add up!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

This post in EADT has a point the numbers don't add up!

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 pm

Firstly, let me start by saying that I do not profess to know how to run a football club. However I am not stupid and I do know simple maths. Lets look at the figures....the average season ticket price in the Championship wasis £322 according to one site I searched. Then another site tells me that we had just over 13,500 season ticket holders at the start of this season. So therefore the club earns around £4.4 million in season ticket sales. So todays 1.5% increase means the club will generate an extra £65,000 (yes just sixty five thousand pounds!!!). If you divide that figure by the average season ticket price, it means that if more than 200 people decide not to renew then the club will generate less income than they do now!! Looking at the FA website, if you win the 3rd Round of the FA Cup, the prize money is £67,500 in the 20162017 season, so perhaps we could do something really novel and win a 3rd round match, (rather than going out at the first attempt), and therefore freeze the season ticket price hike, without alienating the fan base!! JUST SAYING.......for the record I like McCarthy but not how ITFC PLC is run!!

........................................................................................

So just WTF is Evans REALLY up to??

bluejacko

Re: This post in EADT has a point the numbers don't add up!

Post by bluejacko » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:10 am

You are right HOW on earth do you jar off your core supporters and expect them to renew?
Does anyone actually think that any of the walk ups over the games these season are actually chomping at the bit to buy a season tkt? So dream on Milne and Evans you are just killing off these once great club!

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: This post in EADT has a point the numbers don't add up!

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:41 pm

People renewing......., next home match, take a pic of the kiosk outlet price board. Save that pic and take another pic in August. Let's see how much those prices go up. Just trying to figure out if this "3rd Round of the FA CUP tie" is as crucial as the EADT poster claims!