RIP Chuck Berry

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

herforder

RIP Chuck Berry

Post by herforder » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:33 am

"If you wanted to find a new name for Rock and Roll, you might as well call it Chuck Brrry". Quote by John Lennon.

Died at the age of 90 - Among the greatest influences on musicians and bands for the past 70 years. Pub bands up and down the country still churn out Berry standards; whilst today's musicians and composers often fall back in the Berry formula of talking directly to a receptive young audience about things that matter to them, backed by simple but catchy riffs. Having spent various periods in gaol, including for some very dubious activities, he lived an imperfect life - called Rock and Roll.

RIP Chuck - keep on rockin' wherever you are.

Andym

Re: RIP Chuck Berry

Post by Andym » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:14 pm

A great songwriter and performer. His songs will be played for as long as music exists.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Not going to lie, thought he died eons ago. Finding out he only died yesterday, I'm shocked he was only 90. His iconic name has been around for forever! However famous he was in the 50s/60s, good old Marty McFly made him even more famous to a new generation in the 80's.

RIP Chuck Berry

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:28 am

Truly one of the most influential musicians ever.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Agree with all statements. FIRST artist to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

karlywoo

Post by karlywoo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:12 pm

I saw him play many years ago on the Isle of Man TT week, in the Douglas Lido, what a night!! one that will live in my memory forever, a brilliant entertainer and muscian, what more can i say about the man apart from you have made me smile all my life, thanks Chuck.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:00 pm

karlywoo wrote:I saw him play many years ago on the Isle of Man TT week, in the Douglas Lido, what a night!! one that will live in my memory forever, a brilliant entertainer and muscian, what more can i say about the man apart from you have made me smile all my life, thanks Chuck.
Nice post, Karlywoo. Cherish those superb memories. :D