Jonny Williams

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

Jonny Williams

Post by K L Blue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Can someone please tell me.........................................

Has he actually turned out for the 1st team this season?
I can't actually remember or think if he has!

hallamblue

Re: Jonny Williams

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:41 pm

No I don't think he has. We took him from CP when he was out injured and the plan 2as for him to rehab here. Town would not pay anything towards his wages until he was fit to play. To date I. don't think he has.

Only ITFC would do a deal to take on a.player that is unfit to play. Williams isn't thd first one.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:37 pm

K L Blue wrote:Can someone please tell me.........................................

He played a few games for us, 3 or 4 as a sub then think his first start was at Wigan which is where he went off injured, Not played since

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:17 pm

charlton837 wrote:
K L Blue wrote:Can someone please tell me.........................................

He played a few games for us, 3 or 4 as a sub then think his first start was at Wigan which is where he went off injured, Not played since
Sound like the Mcgoldrick syndrome

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:22 am

Just for the record, Williams has made six substitute and one starting appearances thus far this season.

Only featured in the starting XI in the game with Wigan Athletic on 17 December, a 3 - 2 away victory. Was replaced by McGoldrick on 56 minutes. This as was highlighted in a previous response, was William's last appearance for the club hitherto this campaign.

Other appearances are from subs selection.

Blackburn 15 October (away 0 - 0)

replacement for Lawrence, 85 minutes

Rotherham 29 October (home 2 - 2)

replacement for Bishop, 66 minutes

Sheffield Wednesday 5 November (away 2 - 1 victory)

replacement for Bishop, 70 minutes

Nottingham Forest 19 November (home 0 - 2 loss)

replacement for Bishop, 45 minutes

Bristol City 3 December (away 0 -2 loss)

replacement for Lawrence, 74 minutes

Birmingham City 13 December (away 1 - 2 loss)

replacement for Ward, 67 minutes

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:32 am

nice investigative work SJ

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:51 am

A lot has been made of McGoldricks injury and what a waste of space he is and why we need to offload him.

I think bringing Williams here on loan was more dopey and ill-conceived. He's never had a run of games and I cannot see how he really is a Mick mcCarthy type player.

When he was fit - MM did not want to use him. Pointless. Seemed like a knee-jerk loan signing to appease the fans at the time.

I'm only looking as far as getting enough points to stave of relegation - and if McGoldrick (or even Williams) can put in a couple of games and help achieve that - then so be it .... but I can't see how we're building for the future with talented crocks (and talented loanee crocks as well) as part of the squad.

Any idea how long Didsy's will be out anyway - all i see is he's out of the Irish squad?

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:51 am

tangfastic wrote:
I think bringing Williams here on loan was more dopey and ill-conceived. He's never had a run of games and I cannot see how he really is a Mick mcCarthy type player.

When he was fit - MM did not want to use him. Pointless. Seemed like a knee-jerk loan signing to appease the fans at the time.
I agree entirely. A very strange move.. unless it was part of the cunning plan to increase the wage bill therefore justifying the season ticket price increase.... :wink:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Andym wrote:
tangfastic wrote:

I agree entirely. A very strange move.. unless it was part of the cunning plan to increase the wage bill therefore justifying the season ticket price increase.... :wink:
Oh ... conspiracy theories runs amok ...

They might provide us with a staple diet of turgidiness and get away with it .... but once they start messing with the 60 - 65 year olds they better watch themselves.

The Silver-haired Blue Army has had enough :)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:20 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Andym wrote:
tangfastic wrote:

Oh ... conspiracy theories runs amok ...

They might provide us with a staple diet of turgidiness and get away with it .... but once they start messing with the 60 - 65 year olds they better watch themselves.

The Silver-haired Blue Army has had enough :)
Haha, I like that!...the thing is those Silver-haired buggers and Bluemike are the only real fans ITFC has left. Do you really think Skuse and Douglas have attracted younger fans? ME is certainly a bullshit artist, and as you say Tang he's taking the p*ss! As far as Williams is concerned, I was never impressed as many others were. I was not enthused about him coming back at all.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:24 pm

tangfastic wrote:

Haha, I like that!...the thing is those Silver-haired buggers and Bluemike are the only real fans ITFC has left. Do you really think Skuse and Douglas have attracted younger fans? ME is certainly a bullshit artist, and as you say Tang he's taking the p*ss! As far as Williams is concerned, I was never impressed as many others were. I was not enthused about him coming back at all.
I think all those 2 could attract is flies

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:07 pm

tangfastic wrote: The Silver-haired Blue Army has had enough :)
We certainly have. But I guess we, more than any others, will be back next season.

I was tempted to go and watch Colchester v Luton on Saturday (I was a Luton fan from the age of 7 to 18 when I moved from that glorious town) but I was frightened that the high quality of football in League 2 would tempt me away from the lower quality at Ipswich for next season......

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Regarding Jonny Williams, the fact is he has been crap the last Three times he has been here, ok he looked like a superstar the first time we took him on loan but in truth that was more because we were sh*te and he stood out like a beacon in a very poor team. A total waste of time bringing him back here.

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Believe JW regrets coming back here - a loan move too far. I think a fully fit, confident, Williams has the ability to improve the quality of most teams in this league. Sadly, however, his appalling injury record, denying the opportunity for regular and consistent performances, has been a risk that just hasn't paid off. Wonder where he'll end up; probably neither at CP or here.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:51 pm

It's not his loan move back here that's the problem, but his injury record! But yes you are correct, he definitely regrets returning. So do we!